Tooheys Dry Lager Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamieh

Reaction score
Hey guys
just waited 3 weeks to try my home brew...wonder if anyone else has made this same kit batch and what their end results were? I tried one last night...nice and clear but when I twisted the cap off(crown seal) it only made the slightest gassy sound and had a bunch of bubbles come from the bottom..normally get quite a few more and a small amount of gassy air rise from the beer after opening(my explanation of terminology Is shit). The taste is fine..very small amount if fizziness from the sugar and beer goes down quite smooth but compared to my last batch of tooheys special lager this dry lager doesn't seem to have the same amount of 'gas' after opening a stubbie...finishing OG was 1014-16

What temp have you had the bottles sitting at? Winter will usually extend the conditioning time required for ales unless you're applying some sort of temp control.

[EDIT: I've never used dry enzyme myself (which I'm assuming this has) but 1014/1016 seems a little high an FG to me. Maybe drinking them before they do carb up properly is the best idea.]

Latest posts

Back