Too Long To Bottle?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el capitan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've put on a K&K Coopers Mexican a few weeks back (3weeks) this Sunday and have yet to bottle it. Will it be ok to bottle. The FG has been constant for over a week now, but I'm worried that it might go feral, as I've left it go past the norm.

I've been away with work and hadn't got time to bottle it but plan to this weekend.

You shouldn't have a problem if the gas layer hasn't been disturbed.

Take a sample give it a taste & see..

It reasonably norm for it to sit in the fermenter for 2-3 weeks. It will give the beer a chance to finish conditioning itself, this way you are doing it in primary and just not in the bottle.

As long as it hasn't been infected it should still be fine to bottle asap. :D

You will have no problems.
I never bottle before 2 weeks in the fermenter. I have heard of some brewers having a brew for 6 weeks in primary (due to circumstances beyond their control) and it's been fine.
Stop worrying, and start thinking about what to brew next.

if it tastes ok then bottle it
it is not a problem the problem is coopers and other kits giving the impression that if its their for more than a week its no good

Enjoy

extended contact with the yeast & trub in K&K does make a differance as stressed yeast can still cause off flavours.

You will be fine. I have left a fermenter full for 3 months in secondary and up to six weeks in primary..

Ditto what everyone else says, it'll be fine. Definitely come out clearer than if you'd left it for only 7-10 days at any rate, and subsequently taste better if you're drinking it out of the bottle due to there being predominantly only yeast from carbonation left.

Bottle, age & enjoy!

Cheers - boingk

Cheers all.

Bottled them all last night and yes, defiently alot more clearer, and it smelt and tasted good.

Doing another batch tonight, as trying to get the brews down before the temps get warmer.

Latest posts

Back