To Add Or Not To Add?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BungalowBill

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Need some help while my wort is cooling down.

I have just put down a Australian Bitter with a tin of light malt extract.

In the instructions it says
Requirements: Coopers wort concentrate, yeast sachet and Coopers light malt extract.
( other fermentable sugars may be used)

It then goes on to say what is needed for the Sparkling Ale 500g LDM,and 300g Dex for optimum results.

But says nothing more about the Aussie Bitter.

BB

what exactly is your problem ,( coincidence is that i only just finished bottling that one(but with 900g ldme, 200g dextrose, 200g dry corn sryup) about half hour ago)

The "True Aussie Bitter" recipe on the Coopers webpage says just the Thomas Coopers Australian Bitter goop and one can of LME. Looks like you're good to go.

In case the rest of the instructions are as vague as the ingredients part, that tin has a lager yeast in it so you want to ferment cool.

[EDIT: there, that's better]

The "True Aussie Bitter" recipe on the Coopers webpage says just the Thomas Coopers Australian Bitter goop and one can of LME. Looks like you're good to go.

In case the rest of the instructions are as vague as the ingredients part, that tin has a lager yeast in it so you want to ferment cool.

[EDIT: there, that's better]

Thanks guys for the quick reply, I wanst sure wether to add more dextrose or what.
Temp at the moment is 29 C and OG is 1048
BB

I have no experience of that yeast but the webpage does suggest it is a real lager yeast and they recommend pitching at 20 C and then letting it cool to 13 C over a couple days. Fermenting as hot as it is now will certainly produce a less than ideal beer. If temp control is an issue using a spare ale yeast instead will still make a good beer.

Good luck.

I have no experience of that yeast but the webpage does suggest it is a real lager yeast and they recommend pitching at 20 C and then letting it cool to 13 C over a couple days. Fermenting as hot as it is now will certainly produce a less than ideal beer. If temp control is an issue using a spare ale yeast instead will still make a good beer.

Good luck.

Thanks Bum , I have a couple of yeasts here , it would be nice to put what sort it was on the packet , safale us-05 s-04 and a morgans Lager Yeast and one from a Blackrock pilsner Blonde can.

Latest posts

Back