Timothy Taylor Yeast?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kegged a bitter last night with this yeast, the first one. Went from 1.042 to 1.006 in 10 days. Just a couple of very small 'clumps' of floating yeast on top, but the transfer to the keg was very clear. Receipe was the TTL one I've posted somewhere within this forum, this time had a 1% addidtion of crystal.

Cheers.

Hey Guys,

so whats the overall consensus of this yeast. i've just pitched it into a pale ale a few hours ago and its
bubbling nicely and got a nice thick krausen @ 18 degrees. do i have to give it a diacetyl rest after
fermentation has finished? if so for how long and at what temp.

Cheers Rob.

Hey Guys,

so whats the overall consensus of this yeast. i've just pitched it into a pale ale a few hours ago and its
bubbling nicely and got a nice thick krausen @ 18 degrees. do i have to give it a diacetyl rest after
fermentation has finished? if so for how long and at what temp.

Cheers Rob.

I havent noticed it throw a lot of diacetyl but I think AusDB had some in a brew. To be safe, leave it on the yeast at the same fermentation temp for a few days to a week after fermentation is complete.

I havent noticed it throw a lot of diacetyl but I think AusDB had some in a brew. To be safe, leave it on the yeast at the same fermentation temp for a few days to a week after fermentation is complete.

Awesome Thanks GL, just what i wanted to hear!

Rob.

Hmm... we'll its been 2 days in primary and it sure is throwing of a wierd odour i can't quite put my finger on.
is this normal for this yeast?

Rob.

I'm brewing an amber ale right now with this yeast. After eight days in primary it's down to about 1.012 from 1.047. Getting very clear and tasting very nice. I'll let it go another day or two then whack it into a cube for some ccing.

Interesting to read the comments about the similarity to S0-4. This was my impression as well. However, I've found that S0-4 tastes quite rough at first and needs time to smoothe out. This one tastes great from the get-go.

Yup, Ive just done 2 brews with this yeast. It has the floatiest krausen (or more correctly "barm" I think) that you will ever see. Even a starter in a PET bottle fridged for 2 days wont drop the barm.

I used 5% light crystal and a 22 degree open ferment, which seems to have balanced the attenuative nature and works with this yeast very nicely.

My latest brew with this yeast is exhibiting exactly as you describe, it has at least an 8 inch barm and has pushed it's way out of the airlock.

C&B
TDA

I'm very happy with this yeast. Ferments strongly, clears beautifully and tastes great. Can't ask for much more than that.

Latest posts

Back