Time To Clean You Beer Taps , Dont Be Lazy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one bronco one a flexible line in the fridge, I often jump it from keg to keg. This leaves a nasty build up of gunk on the disconnect and the top of the kegs.

I tend to hit them with a spray of no rinse every 3 days or so.

I've had a ******* problem with my taps moulding over.. ...

Will report back if this is at all effective, in two weeks or so at next tear down.

Will keenly await the results. Have similar mould like build up issues also...

Raven I will send Franko around , he is always willing to help me empty my kegs and I keep showing him how to make AG hoping that one day he will learn to make his own ;)

Pumpy

He sounds like a top bloke! Always welcome! :icon_cheers:

Please don't hate me....

I have never cleaned my lines, and I have been kegging for 21 months. I have occasionally cleaned out the taps with cottom ear buds, and I have just replaced them with new Perlick taps, but never have I run any cleaner through the lines.

I guess I should do it, and since I have 6 taps, I could just put some beer line cleaner (Which I do have... unopened) in a keg and flush all of them.

Hmmm

Something to do this arvo before I start drinking......

Little bit :icon_offtopic: but,

When you all flush your lines do you use C02 or something else to save on your gas?

Farside.

I put some pbw in an MT keg and put about 20psi into it with the air compressor to
push through the taps/ lines, then re-do it with hot water. My CO2 bottle is only 2.6kg so
I don't wanna waste any gas. If someones got an easier way please do tell.. Cheers

Need more mates around to help me drain some of these kegs!

What a coincidence!, I've been looking for some new mates with too many kegs which need emptying!
If only I could find someone with robust portre, brown ale or dunkelweizen,... :icon_chickcheers:

I put some pbw in an MT keg and put about 20psi into it with the air compressor to
push through the taps/ lines, then re-do it with hot water. My CO2 bottle is only 2.6kg so
I don't wanna waste any gas. If someones got an easier way please do tell.. Cheers

Depends on your set-up, but if you have the line length, you could gravity feed it. Start with a bit of pressure in the keg, get the keg higher than the tap, open the tap, and there she flows - be sure to open the release valve on the keg once you get it going to allow replacement air to avoid the vacuum in the keg.

What a coincidence!, I've been looking for some new mates with too many kegs which need emptying!
If only I could find someone with robust portre, brown ale or dunkelweizen,... :icon_chickcheers:

The American Brown ran dry over the weekend, but I am sure I could offer you something tasty! Barry's Porter is particularly nice at the moment. :icon_cheers:

He sounds like a top bloke! Always welcome! :icon_cheers:

Raven ,

He is a bit of a bludger, he comes around brews 40 litres of Kolsch on 'My' brewery, drinks all my beer ,just so he dont have to get his brand spanking new Red Rocket brewery dirty .

But you right he is still a top bloke .

Pumpy ;)

Back