Thoughts On Vegetarianism

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

Im just having a dig. ;)

I east soy several times a week in the form of soy sauce, tofu and other soy bean pastes. (i eat asian foods quite regulary.)

Ive never been a fan of soy milk, the flavour just doesnt go well (for me) in coffee. There are photoestrogens in soy milk that are similiar to what the human body prodces. Im just not interested in increasing my cup size anytime soon. ;)

High intake of soy has been linked to lowering prostate and breast cancers which cannot be a bad thing. Im only concerned about the soy crops produced in the USA... GMO/hybrid etc.

goat_know_your_goat.jpg

I was on a Herbalife diet for six months which is mostly soy-solids based, and drank a litre of soy milk (lite) a day. I did lose about 5k but ended up with shocking gout and bursitis and missed weeks from work as I couldn't even walk from the station to the office, let alone bend my right knee to drive the car to the station. I now avoid pulses (high purines which raise uric acid) and haven't had a twinge since last August.

bought a whole rump from IGA yesterday and trimmed it out and diced it for curries etc. :)

Back