Thoughts On This K&k Mix

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi.

I am doing a Coopers Pale Ale at the moment with 800g dex and 400g dried corn syrup.

I am using recultured Coopers yeast. I find that at 18 deg C dropping to 16 deg C overnight that fermentation takes at least 10 days. It just bubbles away slowly.

This is the first Pale Ale I have done and hopefully it will give me a baseline to decide if any hops etc are required next time. My favourite kit so far has been the Coopers Sparkling Ale.

Damian

I'm with Bizier. I like using the Coopers yeast recultured from a couple of longnecks.

I have also not even bothered with reculturing before. Just made up the wort and then had a session on the Pale Ales. As I decantered the beer into a glass, just added the yeast dregs straight to the fermenter. Worked no probs.

You are very brave doing this me thinks. How many times have you done it???

Went to brew shop today for a few bits, the suggested yeast and some Amarillo hops in a bag. Lady at brew shop said it was not available, at all in Australia. Hmmm, took that with a grain of salt. Bought a tea bag of Hallertau instead and will use that. Actually, which is recommended out of the Hallertau and Super alpha? I have a BE2 and the Cooper Aussie pale ale.

Will put this down tonight... and my spicy ghost is on day 10, fermentation almost finished at 18 deg. I'll leave it until Saturday to bottle. Tasting quite nice.

Amarillo Hops (pellets 90 gms)
Amarillo hop pellets. USA - Crop '07 (AA 8.2%) New Season - "JUST ARRIVED"
Beautiful aromatic hop. Amarillo has a real stone fruit taste.
The signature hop of James Squire Golden ale. more AUD $9.00

From Craftbrewer (sponsor site see top of page)
If you're into kits & bits they are the way to go and should only be overnight where you live. I don't bother with the bags any more, chuck the pellets in, doesn't do any harm :)

Back