Thomas Fawcetts Vs Bairds Mo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barry,
Spoke to Peter Meddings yesterday. Fawcett's is no longer available through Bintani.
That's why it's not available in the shop.
He is keeping some of the Simpson's range instead.
Range = MO, GP, Imperial, Aromatic, XTALS (Pale, Med & Dark) & the Golden Nut Oats.
Simpsons MO is NOT floor malted. (Trawled their site & confirmed with Peter)

Rgds,
P3

Thanks Pete. As long as it is MO I am happy. Chewed some Simpson's yesterday and it was very friable with a deep malt flavour.

I grabbed some Simpsons Crystal from G&G on the weekend. Chewed a few kernels there's some incredible flavours. :icon_drool2:

Warren -

I guess 4star can back his assertions, otherwise I guess (in his words) they don't mean shit (which begs a question I once again guess).
Nope i cant back them up, i was making a fairly educated assumption (unsure if thats still educated) :p that direct competition dont buy eachothers products and sell them in an attempt to make a profit. Obviously because there is no margin. As ross pointed out, i may be right on the MO point but its not the case for their specialties! Basically i have NFI! :lol:

that's strange. ease up buddy, was just asking a question.
Sorry Sammus, i didnt mean for it to seem like an attack on you at all. I was merely pointing out the price list you have was rather misleading to the unknowing customer (possibly yourself). Thinking you are getting TF when infact its bairds. The whole Holden/Merc thing. It may be correct, but i would be checking with the source if you doubt its reputable.

Not totally correct.... certainly Fawcetts do not supply Bairds with floor malted Maris Otter, but they do however supply them with several of their specialty malts, which are rebadged under the Bairds name.
cheers Ross

Interesting to know Ross.. Seems like a good way to make little or no profit on Bairds part unless TF is selling it for basement price to their local competition. :rolleyes:

Back