Sydney Grain Bulk Buy [Feb 2013]

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mikec said:
Three cheers for Stux!
Looks like a mammoth effort.
Yes, turned into a bit of a nightmare :(

Ironic, because I was planning on actually running this BB in mid-feb, and the fawcett issues wouldn't have occurred then!

mikec said:
So I'm assuming pickups will be late next week?

There's going to be 3 pallets ordered from two suppliers. 1 whole pallet for the BB, and then pat will squeeze the remainder into his normal orders from the two suppliers.

The BB pallet will arrive first.

So, its quite possible your order will come in *this* Thursday or Friday.

Another pallet should arrive early next week, and another late next week.

I believe all grain should be delivered by the end of next week.

I will update the thread when peoples orders are ready to be picked up.

BTW, people who are sad they missed out ;)

I'm still collecting names for a March BB.

Sydney Grain Bulk Buy EOI [March 2013]
1. Stux ( 3 sacks: 3x TF GP)
2. Adryargument( 1 sack: 1x TF GP)
3. Madawoods (2 sacks: 1 x TF GP, 1 X BB Galaxy)
4. NewtownClown (1 BB medium crystal )
5. Josh (3 sacks: )
6. SG9090 (5 sacks: )

First pallet has been ordered.

This includes everyones orders up to and including column AF in my spreadsheet... ie pimpsqueak ;)

This pallet should *hopefully* arrive on Friday.

The rest of the orders should arrive during next week.

Looks like no delivery today

Should be early next week then :(

Pat has my number on speed dial so I should get a call as soon as it arrives.

Stux said:
Looks like no delivery today

Should be early next week then :(

Pat has my number on speed dial so I should get a call as soon as it arrives.
Can this be confirmed? Fletcher didn't see this post yesterday and just traveled to St Mary's to be told by Pat it will be "...a few good weeks".

That's not the information I have

When I spoke to pat at 330pm on Friday he was expecting the first pallet on Tuesday

fingers crossed. it was a long way out to drive (admittedly, i should have looked here first) and he told me that marris otter couldn't be delivered for a few weeks which meant a delay to deliveries apparently; i was a bit annoyed (at the situation, not at anyone of course) and so had to take off asap with an angry SWMBO so couldn't confirm all details. hopefully he'll update you soon to let peeps know.

Okay, that makes sense.

The Fawcett's Marris otter was a hiccup and won't be in for a few weeks. This necessitated a rejigging of the order and we got it in on tuesday instead of Monday.

Monday would've meant thurs/Friday delivery. But Tuesday means Friday/mon/Tuesday

Second pallet should arrive later this week

First Pallet of grain just arrived

IIRC that's everyone up to and including pimpsqueak on my spreadsheet.

The grain can be picked up during absolute homebrew's regular hours, which are Tuesday to Saturday

http://www.absolutehomebrew.com.au/?page_id=5

But please try to pick up your grain ASAP. If there is going to be a substantial delay then contact pat directly

I'll be posting PMs with pickup credentials

So just to confirm - my order included Bairds MO, this is also on the first pallet?

I only ask because you'd mentioned earlier that Pat was going to do a full pallet of BB, then spread the rest over the subsequent orders.

mikec said:
So just to confirm - my order included Bairds MO, this is also on the first pallet?

I only ask because you'd mentioned earlier that Pat was going to do a full pallet of BB, then spread the rest over the subsequent orders.
Yes, a full pallet for the Bulk Buy not Barret Burston ;)

For the avoidance of doubt:

donburke
nick r
kario
dimiphoto
byran
hsb
peteq
rexbanner
fletcher
tredog
stevemc32
mikec
pimpsqueak

Your orders are ready for pickup. Please see your messenger and let me know if you did not get your pickup password.

Awesome, I'm heading out this Saturday.

Thanks again Stux!

there's a pallet due on thursday or friday... I don't remember if its the bintani or cryer pallet though :-\

Anyway. When it comes in I'll post and update the thread

(grain comes from melbourne btw)

Thanks again for organising this Stux, appreciate your efforts in getting it over the line, no mean feat.
I'll head out on Saturday to pick this up...

Thanks again Stux,
Just went & grabbed my sack (that doesn't sound too good :blink: ) & found Pat to be an awesome & very knowledgeable bloke, dropped a few more $$ while I was in there having a yarn. Can't wait for the next buy!!
Cheers
Steve

Latest posts

Back