This Australia Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
Hi Brewers,

This Australia day I will be thinking about all those that have lost their lives and homes in the floods, I'll be raising my glass to all those that have come from far and wide to help those same people. And a further shout will go to Corporal Ben Roberts-Smith (the second ranga in a row) for receiving the Victoria Cross for gallantry in battle. A true hero people.

cheers

Browndog

+1,

while cooking a Lamb BBQ with a few glasses of my batch of Coopers Vintage

I am going to enjoy the fact that I am an indigenous Australian with a few beers B)

Pricks still want to charge me for a fishing licence <_<

I am going to enjoy the fact that I am an indigenous Australian with a few beers B)

Pricks still want to charge me for a fishing licence <_<
I didn't think we had to pay for one. Or do you mean, they are trying to get it in?

I'll be playing a game of T20 on Coogee Oval. My batting song: True Blue.
Then spending the afternoon at Coogee Bay Hotel.

I'll be pouring beers all day, sneaking in a few myself while I am at it.

Listening to the Hottest 100 either at a mates or a beach.

Hi Brewers,

This Australia day I will be thinking about all those that have lost their lives and homes in the floods, I'll be raising my glass to all those that have come from far and wide to help those same people. And a further shout will go to Corporal Ben Roberts-Smith (the second ranga in a row) for receiving the Victoria Cross for gallantry in battle. A true hero people.

cheers

Browndog

The Corporal didn't look comfortable at the ceremony. I suspect he didn't like being the centre of attention and would have preferred the cameras to pointed at someone else. He alluded to a preference for his unit to be recognised rather than himself.

We move house on Friday, so Australia Day will be spent packing up the house! Hopefully will get to throw the Hottest 100 on the radio as the bin lids will be off with the grandparents for the day.

Cheers SJ

Hi Brewers,

cheers

Browndog

nice post, good to see the ANZAC spirit isn't dead ;)

I'll be flat out like a lizard drinkin, cookin up a few snags down the beach with the billy lids and the handbrake :party:

cheers

I'll be joining ya browndog, but mine will be a diet coke unfortunately, as i'm on call. :(

Happy Australia day to all for tomorrow. Got my prawns ready for the bbq. Better remember to pull the snags out of the freezer.

Gonna get up early and do a batch of APA I've had ready to go here for yolks. Followed by snags and lamb kebabs on the barby and some beach time with the groms. Sure is great living in the lucky country

Tiling the bathroom, run out of home brew, skint, looking after 4 boys (6yr, 3yr and twins 7 months), 37 degrees, no air con, what joy!

Edit......P.S. Happy Australia Day. Why would you want to live anywhere else :)

had a cool day, snags and chops on the beach and a couple of hours in the surf with the kids with intermission Coopers Pales until a 6 pack was soldiered and home to a few pints of Alt B)

hope everyone had a bonzer day :beer:

Done sfa today except brew a Tony's LCBA.

Such a great country we have here. Dont change Australia! :beerbang:

And a further shout will go to Corporal Ben Roberts-Smith (the second ranga in a row) for receiving the Victoria Cross for gallantry in battle. A true hero people.

:icon_offtopic:

A little off-topic but why before the ceremony did they not reveal his full name or photograph him due to being an SAS soldier, then after he was awarded the VC, not only do we know his full name and what he looks like, but we know those details about his wife and kids as well.

I thought SAS soldiers and their families were afforded a lifetime of identity protection.

Anyone in the know on this?

and go the rangas!

:icon_offtopic:

A little off-topic but why before the ceremony did they not reveal his full name or photograph him due to being an SAS soldier, then after he was awarded the VC, not only do we know his full name and what he looks like, but we know those details about his wife and kids as well.

I thought SAS soldiers and their families were afforded a lifetime of identity protection.

Anyone in the know on this?

and go the rangas!

Steve, I guess he will not be up to his old tricks any more mate.

cheers

Browndog

Back