Thirroul Seaside Festival Comp Info

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Info will be thru tonight - day job has gotten in the way.

Scotty

Hiya

Results are;

Cat 1 - Lagers

111 - Dortmunder Export - Asher Mitchell
110 - bohemian - richard peachey
107 -German Pils - richard peachey

Cat 2 Pale Ale
122.5 extra special bitter barry cranston
120.5 American Pale Ale Ed O'Donnell
117.5 American Pale Ale Rick Arnett

Cat 3 Dark Ale

115 robust porter barry cranston
109.5 northern english brown ale barry cranston
104 Dry Stout Jarrad Salmon

Cat 4 Specialty

93 Specail Herb Beer Rick Arnetts Mate
90 Millet Dunkelweizen Andrew Lavery
80 belgium abbey dark richard peachey

Niiice

I was secretly hopeing my American IPA would place... Personally I'm more happy with that beers development then my Dortmunder.....

On another note I feel the BJCP style guide does a much better job of distinguishing between the lighter lager styles than the AABA guide.

Congrats to the rest of the AHB crew

Asher for now

Very happy with the millet dunkelweizen score. It turned out a bit too hoppy (more like a roggenbier) so to get placing is great.

That's a 3rd and a 2nd now, won't be long until a gluten free beer cracks it for a win!

Well done to all.

Cheers, Andrew.

I only entered one beer and it got 3rd place in the dark ales. Very happy with that. Congrats Barry on the 1st and 2nd in the dark ales, not to mention all the other places! I have been told they are great beers. No doubt looking at the scores.

Congratulations to all the winners for that matter :beer: Always a pleasure to see AHB members do well.

Thankyou to the IBU's for putting it all together. :party:

Cheers,
Jarrad

Congrats to all the AHB members that placed. :beerbang:

Very curious to tatse a millet beer Andrew.

cheers
johnno

johnno said:
Very curious to tatse a millet beer Andrew.
[post="118750"][/post]​

It tastes pretty good, if I say so myself! By far the best of the gluten free grains and has a real malty character and good body. Maize and sorghum are good but only in lighter styles.

When I finish building my commercial millet malt plant then everyone can have a taste. :D The O'Brien Dark Ale will be made from millet malt and will hopefully be out in 3-6 months.

Cheers, Andrew.

Millet Man said:
When I finish building my commercial millet malt plant then everyone can have a taste. :D The O'Brien Dark Ale will be made from millet malt and will hopefully be out in 3-6 months.

[post="118753"][/post]​

Excellent work Millet Man, I really look forward giving that one a try... :beer:

cheers Ross

Will get the score sheets and other bits and peices out late next week - just have a bit to do with new day job and actually having to *work*.

Scotty

Hey /// or Scotty, aren't you a brewer/ brewery consultant? Is the day job a new brewery? Can't wait for another micro in Sydney somewhere!ANYWHERE!
A very thirsty
James

Millet Man said:
It tastes pretty good, if I say so myself! By far the best of the gluten free grains and has a real malty character and good body.
[post="118753"][/post]​

It does taste good, I was impressed. Well done.

regards
Scott

Mate

Am instaling a very basic brewery in Wollongong, currently going thru the set-up.

We also cover across consulting with Simon and Rod - they are bery deft in the brew house with 20+ years expereince between them. If Rod can master Ringwoods yeast - he trully is GOD.

Scotty

/// said:
Mate

Am instaling a very basic brewery in Wollongong, currently going thru the set-up.

We also cover across consulting with Simon and Rod - they are bery deft in the brew house with 20+ years expereince between them. If Rod can master Ringwoods yeast - he trully is GOD.

Scotty
[post="118872"][/post]​
If you ever need an extra set of hands, I'm here! :D

Are the judges notes going to be sent out? I would really like the feedback and to know how I went.

Cheer
Jye

Yep - just printing certs tonight and tomorrow.

Scotty

/// said:
Yep - just printing certs tonight and tomorrow.

Scotty
[post="121316"][/post]​

Have they posted yet Scotty? Or is someone down an Australia Post having a laugh over morning tea reading my judging notes?

Cheers, Andrew.

all bar the stamps things are almost there.

Apologies, had to knock out a batch of wort packs for a customer.

Scotty

/// said:
all bar the stamps things are almost there.

Apologies, had to knock out a batch of wort packs for a customer.

Scotty
[post="123735"][/post]​

Must keep thirsty customers happy, good idea.

Look forward to them arriving.

Cheers, Andrew.

Back