Thermostat Control

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

im_hoppin_mad

Reaction score
Thermostat Control

Thermostat Control for you refrigerator of chest freezer. With this thermostat you can ferment at low temperatures or lager your finished beers. Now you can brew both ales and lagers all year round. Controls tempurature from 0-40c.

thermo_sml.jpg

You selling these?
I am after one.
Can you get a good price?

johnno

That's the same as the one I use for my fermenting fridge.
Works a treat. Costs more than those that people are putting together themselves but I don't have the know how to do that.

Thunderlips said:
That's the same as the one I use for my fermenting fridge.
Works a treat. Costs more than those that people are putting together themselves but I don't have the know how to do that.
[post="89659"][/post]​

Thats is why i will be buying one Thunderlips.
I dont want to fry myself.

johnno

i bought one from jaycar for
40 buck but ya have to put it togther
ya self and its to hard im not even
gunner try it

Looking at Grain&Grape's online store they are $115 at the moment.
I got mine when they had a Fathers Day special (last year) and I think I paid $80.

They're not much good if you're using a fridge and the lady of the house wants to keep stuff in the freezer.

Are there any controllers that plug straight into your powerpoint and piggy back the freezer powercord or similar or is this just a crazy thought!!!

I want to use one to control the temp on a chest freezer, for which I have a three tap font ready to be drilled and fitted into the lid.

Has anyone done similar, I dont want a controller that is too complex to set up.

thats what this one is mate

Are there any controllers that plug straight into your powerpoint and piggy back the freezer powercord or similar or is this just a crazy thought!!!

barls beat me to it - that's exactly what this is - and they work very well. Best to use a thermometer in the fridge to monitor and calibrate temp's though.

Yep,
I'm getting one on my next visit to Grain anf grape.
Better to be safe for people like me.

johnno

Good value if $40 from Jaycar the thermostat component will cost you $38 bucks from Tobins without the box power cord and GPO and laboutr to assemble it

Pumpy

Thanks Guys

That is beautiful, I will be buying one and be up and running shortly.

Will now have the last glass of pilsner from the keg, my 5th and best brew yet, all kits. Things can only get better.

Is there anyone that has one of the pictured model above and can give me the model number?

I have found the supplier and hopefully if they sell direct to the public I can save a few bucks.

johnno

yer i called tobin today and they told me thats no good for me and you dont know wot ya on about pumpy sorry but thats wot he said

Be very careful of external plug in types if you have a frost free fridge that gets opened regularly.

hey guys,

i just had one mail ordered from adlo in melbourne to townsville for $113 inc pstg.

THF 0-40.

I've had it running a lge chest freezer for the last two days. Constant 18*.

cheers
yardglass

Yard Glass.

Your avatar is brilliant. SRV was da-bomb. :beerbang:

Johnno.

I've got 2 of them on my fridges and they work well. Oldest one is 6 years and still going strong.

I've also got a 30-110c model for my HLT. Same great performance.

NAYY. Just a good product. :beerbang:

Warren -

Latest posts

Back