Thermostat Control

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely the fridge would cycle more often with its own thermostat set to warm?

I would suggest setting the fridge stat to as cold as possible (or even shorting it out completely) and let the external thermostat be the boss.

WG

I think that fermenting Ales at 15-20c it's not going to make a world of difference. Just going by what's worked best for me over the last 5 years. :unsure:

When I lager I always keep it on the lowest. Hasn't done anything untoward to the fridge.

With a plug in capiliary therm (external therm) it will be the boss one way or another because it's the ultimate governor of the fridge going on and off not the internal (fridge) therm. Could be totally wrong though.

Warren -

I think it's easiest to just set the coldest temp possible on the fridge and let the external thermostat control the on/off power from there.

It's not going to be any different really but setting the fridge temp higher isn't really going to have much of an effect, but it might get confusing if you forget to swivel it for lagering.

I recommend just turning it to the coldest setting and leaving it there permanently and then just dial the desired temp in using the external thermostat.

Cheers, Justin

Might be on to something guys. :eek:

I'll give it a go and see what happens. :)

Warren -

FWIW I also use my external thermostat with the fridge temp set as cold as possible and letting the thermostat do the work. No probs over the last 2 or so years, touch wood :)

Shawn.

Gough said:
FWIW I also use my external thermostat with the fridge temp set as cold as possible and letting the thermostat do the work. No probs over the last 2 or so years, touch wood :)

Shawn.
[post="92115"][/post]​

Ditto

Latest posts

Back