The Worst Beer I've Ever Tasted

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only ever had 3 beers I couldn't finish, Steam and Anchor Monkey Fist, Carlton Draught, and a cloudy South African beer that is sold in Soweto, can't remember the name but it had pictures of Zebras Giraffes and Lions on it.

wide eyed and legless said:
Only ever had 3 beers I couldn't finish, Steam and Anchor Monkey Fist, Carlton Draught, and a cloudy South African beer that is sold in Soweto, can't remember the name but it had pictures of Zebras Giraffes and Lions on it.
Im impressed you were informed on beer enough to not finish a carlton.. I would have thought everyone on here started drinking megaswill beer before seeing the light :)

*thinks back to the old days skulling guiness cans by the creek*!!!! Ignorance is bliss.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Im impressed you were informed on beer enough to not finish a carlton.. I would have thought everyone on here started drinking megaswill beer before seeing the light :)
*thinks back to the old days skulling guiness cans by the creek*!!!! Ignorance is bliss.
Ain't nuttin wrong with cold Guiness cans poured into a decent glass...

Sculling Guiness cans by the creek though, you were both to hardcore and to rich :)

This one is defiantly up there. I somehow managed to down 3 of them and I don't know what is in it but I woke up with a thumping headache!

image.jpg

I have come across another one which took some finishing but I am loathe to name it as I read someone on here actually likes it,
Pale ale at the Coldstream brewery.

Looks like Guy has had a gutful of seeing that link.

I'm standing up for the silent majority (or is it minority? I don't know, but it's fcking retarded whatever it is. Who the **** actually beleives they can nominate themselves as a spokemen for people without a voice. It's idiocy)

Edit to follow:

And since I just realised this isn't the OT thread... Contributing...

Worst beer I've ever tasted? The Fatter Yak in my keg fridge I haven't touched in 6 months because acetaldehyde.

You don't want apple, grapefruit and grape beer. You honesltly dont.

Doubleplugga said:
This one is defiantly up there. I somehow managed to down 3 of them and I don't know what is in it but I woke up with a thumping headache!

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
I got a shitload of crown seals that were done for that brewery, except they have a 3 on them instead of a 9. Never tasted the beer in question though. the worst one I've probably tasted would be one of my own that I think may have had an infection of some sort. After 3 weeks in the bottle it was undrinkable but after a few months it seemed to get better, either that or I just got used to it. :lol:

Carlton cold. Its rotten. There was one instance back many years at uni band bash that served only Carlton cold in plastic bottles, im sure they'd been light struck too and they only had limited ice so the second half was warm. Pus.

I have a bottle of the Lord of the Rings beer which is 1 percent ABV. I am not expecting much.

GuyQLD said:
I'm standing up for the silent majority (or is it minority? I don't know, but it's fcking retarded whatever it is. Who the **** actually beleives they can nominate themselves as a spokemen for people without a voice. It's idiocy)

Edit to follow:

And since I just realised this isn't the OT thread... Contributing...

Worst beer I've ever tasted? The Fatter Yak in my keg fridge I haven't touched in 6 months because acetaldehyde.

You don't want apple, grapefruit and grape beer. You honesltly dont.

Acetelaldehyde can fade with time. You might be pleasantly surprised. Otherwise dump an active starter in there.

Lodan said:
1L can DAB Dortmunder

Disgusting, bizarre off taste, too long ago to describe it. A mate had a different can at the same time and thought his was fine so i can only assume mine was poisoned in some way
Yeah, I got a stein and can from BWS a couple of months ago - rusty metallic off taste, probably why it was on special, but got the stein for fifteen bucks anyway.

My current worst one is, as posted elsewhere:

Summer Dayze.jpg

From Aldi. Not a bad price but thank God it's only in single bottles. Tastes like a mixture of sugared water and pink hand degreaser that mechanics use. It's the first beer I've had for years that actually made me want to throw up afterwards.

Bribie G said:
... It's the first beer I've had for years that actually made me want to throw up afterwards.
A different version of the "Cleansing Ale" angle?
:p

Or maybe designed as a beer for Bulimics... :ph34r: :unsure: ^_^

Doubleplugga said:

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Baltica 9... Claimed to be 8% alcohol but im sure there is equal amounts of acetone in there. Baltica makes some good beers but the 9 is not enjoyable.

Bribie G said:
attachicon.gif
Summer Dayze.jpg

From Aldi. Not a bad price but thank God it's only in single bottles. Tastes like a mixture of sugared water and pink hand degreaser that mechanics use. It's the first beer I've had for years that actually made me want to throw up afterwards.
I have a bottle of this in the fridge, I'm a bit worried about drinking it now.
Ah, all in the name of research. Or some such bullshit.

Yukko and I bought a 6 pack of it. The old fella next door liked it for some reason so gave the rest to him.

untitled.png

Back