The Worst Beer I've Ever Tasted

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine would be TUSKA Vanuatu it is shit. I froze it still shit,I put lime in it still shit,
Shit rant over
Sav

TUSKA is shit

JDW81 said:
Corona, with a slice of lime and chilli on a 45 degree day is more appealing to me than a double IPA on said day.

IMHO most beers have their place and beers like VB etc (no matter how much the brewing/craft beer community dislike them and deride the as mega swill) are actually good examples of what they profess to be, an easy drinking beer for the masses that is re-produceable. Would I buy a box? No. Would I drink one if someone offered me one? Yes.

Just my opinion. Fire away all those who wish.

JD

couldn't agree more mate. the worst beer i've had was my very own first homebrewed coopers "lager". fecking awful. corona on a hot day is perfect though. it's not there to blow my taste buds away with 300ibu or be as diverse in taste as a stout...just quench my thirst.

bigmacthepunker said:
My rule is to not drink beer from clear bottles
Its a sound rule.

What?

Its shit..

newcastle-brown-ale-640-big.jpg

bigmacthepunker said:
My rule is to not drink beer from clear bottles

Old speckled hen also comes in clear bottles and is a fine beer.

Charlie Miso said:
XXXX is my lowest rating beer on Untappd with half a star and the only beer that is sitting on half a star. Just a complete lack of anything and being only 3.5% means that you don't even have the booze profile to hang on to.

From memory I recall Carlton Cold being the worse beer I have ever had though. Along with the 3.5% Forsters they sell in England.
We must have the same taste buds, I'd agree with all of this, except the fosters part, had it in England only and my taste buds were demolished by the time fosters were had, so I'm not sure of its taste.

pommiebloke said:
My brother-in-law is a tight-arse when it comes to spending money on grog. We had his family over for dinner last night and he had a six pack of "Tun Bitter" with him.

He turned his nose up at my AG amber ale (not drinking homebrew crap he said!) and was merrily chugging down cans of this stuff so I had to have a try.

Easily the worst beer I have ever had the misfortune of tasting. It literally smelled of sweaty gym socks and tasted no better. Harsh, chemical twang to it, insipid and watery and a disgusting aftertaste. I had to switch to the Johnnie Walker Black Label just to wash the taste out of my mouth.

Interestingly it seems it's made in the US for the Australian market.
Drinking one now at a mate's 30th. Generally unfussy when it comes to free beer at a mate's - happily drink mb, vb, xxxx, whatever but this is like glue in a can. He has 2 fridges full - might need to buy some whisky.

Hahaha.
I am going to have to buy one of these Tun Bitters to see what all the hype is about !
I do love a good challenge !!

Hahaha I haven't had the pleasure of Tun Bitter. WTF?!
But I'd have to agree with Carlton Cold (and XXXX and TED) as worst beers ever sold. So watery.

Corona on the other hand I think is a great beer on a hot day.

Tun Bitter is a must-try beer. For all the wrong reasons, but still a must-try. Drink it long enough, and you just may develop a taste for it (like I did). I took 3 cartons over a few months to get used to it. Occasionally I find myself thirsty for a tin of this river swill. It might say a lot about it, but I actually tastes loads better warm. Still bad but better than chilled.

Major Arcana said:
Haha i can't believe that Carlton Dry hasn't been mentioned, this and Ted's both taste like absolute crap, liquified plastic!

CarltonDry.jpg
Yep, I reluctantly had one of these at a bucks party yesterday. It reminds me of why I bag the shit out of all that megaswill rubbish they pump out. Not enjoyable in the slightest.

I ended up trying about four Icelandic light beers due to their strange liquor availability. They all tasted exactly the same. Like 50% watered down Carlton dry!

Mr. No-Tip said:
I ended up trying about four Icelandic light beers due to their strange liquor availability. They all tasted exactly the same. Like 50% watered down Carlton dry!
You poor bar steward. That might just be the worst beer in the world...

But then there's John Smiths Smooth. Utter crap.

Brought a Tun bitter and a Tun lite...I think that what it is.....about 18 months ago.
Had the bitter and removed the lite from the fridge, I think its still in the back of the bar somewhere amongst the collection of leftover 6 packs and unwanted party left overs.

Tun light isn't actually undrinkable. Its similar in taste to watered down carlton cold. Not undrinkable in itself but only if you're desperate.

As for worst beer I've ever had. About a year ago at Mount Tambourine brewery. I can't remember the name of the unholy creation. It was a red looking beer with hints of goose down and bat shit, that sat heavy and each mouthful was like trying to scull golden fleece grease. Couldn't finish it, not even to wash down my burger. I don't go to that brewery anymore.

Haha.
I thought goose down and bat shit would have gone well together !!

CF

One of the worst I had was the aldi rip off of james boags, might as well have eaten the cardboard the six pack came in

Cervantes said:
Swan Gold
Many years ago I was in a pub in Freeo on a Friday arvo. 4 blokes walked in. One said "I'll get the first shout" the proceeded to order 4 Swan Gold shandys.
No doubt his mates would have been impressed.

Mikkeller Spontankriek ..... should be called spew creek imo
spewcreek.jpg

stuff tastes like some one got some cat piss and soak an old sock in it before bottling ........ don't know where the cherry flavour went .....

used it to marinate some mussels in with some white wine vinegar .....mussels where great though

Latest posts

Back