The Wife Will Like It Yeah?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ada

Reaction score
Ok wife has been away for 6 weeks :icon_chickcheers: , tomorrow she comes home and will find the beer fridge has moved into the kitchen.
What will it take to get this approved? Right next to the deck.... its just gotta stay there.

New car? Fiji Holliday?

oh and the fermenting fridge is out of the workshop and into the laundry. Man Im in trouble arent I?

IMG_0300.JPG

usually after a long time apart the second bang is the front door closing...

dont think so in this case..

admire ya bravery...

Good idea but how the f*ck is she going to prepare your dinner with limited bench space.

You also better make sure there are enough power points now for the vacuum & iron..

Even the dog is shittin himself.. He's keeping his head down.. :lol:

Good idea but how the f*ck is she going to prepare your dinner with limited bench space.

You also better make sure there are enough power points now for the vacuum & iron..

Even the dog is shittin himself.. He's keeping his head down.. :lol:

Shyte I forgot about cooking, kitchens been clean for six weeks!

I wasn't going to reply first, but now a few others have taken us down the path...

Why not say that you wanted to be closer to her when brewing and that you feel like you want her to be more involved with, and understanding of, something that means so much to you? Then, before she has a chance to say anything put your finger to her mouth and tell her "Shhh - just hold me". And for the rest of that day be attentive and giving.

Then do what you want for about 4-8 weeks afterwards, throwing her a puppy-dog-eyes glance now and again.

Preferable option as the "furry treasure chest" (which is a new one for me) should remain accessible.

When you think it is wearing off do something thoughtful (flowers, dinner), you'll accrue more points than pacman eating a bunch of cherries.

Problem solved.

Of course all that effort will be ruined if you make a drunk pig of yourelf on the first night or two.

Just a thought.

How would that fridge go sitting under the bench near the door there.
Looks like it would fit and you would get your bench space back.

Cheers

Im guessing you will start to find alot of her crap in your workshop.

I wasn't going to reply first, but now a few others have taken us down the path...

Why not say that you wanted to be closer to her when brewing and that you feel like you want her to be more involved with, and understanding of, something that means so much to you? Then, before she has a chance to say anything put your finger to her mouth and tell her "Shhh - just hold me". And for the rest of that day be attentive and giving.

Then do what you want for about 4-8 weeks afterwards, throwing her a puppy-dog-eyes glance now and again.

Preferable option as the "furry treasure chest" (which is a new one for me) should remain accessible.

When you think it is wearing off do something thoughtful (flowers, dinner), you'll accrue more points than pacman eating a bunch of cherries.

Problem solved.

Of course all that effort will be ruined if you make a drunk pig of yourelf on the first night or two.

WTF??? That sounds like one of them women wisperer ads... And we all know what beer they drink

WTF??? That sounds like one of them women wisperer ads... And we all know what beer they drink

I don't actually (I don't get the reference about woman whisperer but I shall google)- but I always look for the most subversive and most effective option. I'm not big enough to wield a club at the front of my cave so this approach has always worked for me.

Mind you my gf teaches karate and I'm a fat, uni-going beer swilling slob so I have to use other techniques.

edit: ok, I'm with you now. Actually I'm drinking my 2nd version of Argon's LFPA recipe right now....but whatever floats your boat.

Notice how I let her put her bottle of wine in our kitchen fridge?

That's coz I'm a nice guy.
wink.gif

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

Nick, best poor man's external taps ever........

As for you Ada.....Go the whole hog and remove the dishwasher, place the beer fridge in it's spot, then get kegs and mount a font on the bench next to the sink. Mention that you figured that makes sense as YOU never use the dishwasher anyway and it makes it easier for her to pour you a beer while she does the washing up manually.......

EDIT: Just noticed you already have kegs (I didn't bother opening the images before)........There's one step sorted out.

Ok now I know what I have to do, Thanks Nick JD.
I need to man up, ditch the beer fridge, chop up the food fridge and fit taps to same.

Ok now let me stop talking crap and go clean the bathroom and wash her car.

Latest posts

Back