The Weihenstephaner Truck

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braufrau

Autumn Leaf Brewery
Reaction score
Once a month, the weihenstephaner truck comes to the carpark at the technical university in Munich, where HWMBO is working, so that staff can stock up on a few cases.

The weihenstephaner brewery is state owned and part of the university. Better than a gelati van!
gallery_3596_331_61458.jpg

wowzer! i might look into post-doc's in munich :p

Once a month, the weihenstephaner truck comes to the carpark at the technical university in Munich, where HWMBO is working, so that staff can stock up on a few cases.

The weihenstephaner brewery is state owned and part of the university. Better than a gelati van!

Talk about jealous...I'm really getting into the weihenstephaner's at the moment. The Korbinian is amazing.

Damn, that is what I needed this arvo. :beerbang:

Doc

wowzer! i might look into post-doc's in munich :p

Well without having much of a clue what you do .. they have a sort of experimental brewery and labs at the uni. which has something to do with the main weihenstephaner brewery which presumably does research into brewing sort of beasties. HWMBO has had a tour of it a couple of years ago. So there we go .. no idea what you do ... no idea what they do .. but hey! sounds like a good idea to me! :p

What are you doing on AHB when you could be out there drinking more tasty beers? Or.. are you doing both? :)

Well without having much of a clue what you do .. they have a sort of experimental brewery and labs at the uni. which has something to do with the main weihenstephaner brewery which presumably does research into brewing sort of beasties. HWMBO has had a tour of it a couple of years ago. So there we go .. no idea what you do ... no idea what they do .. but hey! sounds like a good idea to me! :p

Bachelor of Biotechnology, honours last year and started my PhD this year. currently my thing seems to be structural biology and protein work, possibly useful to brewing yeast research, but failing that i do have micro experience to fall back on :p

i remember seeing some projects funded by the aust wine research inst to do with genetically modifying yeast strains to assess the effect of protein expression with flavour development, right up my alley :p

What are you doing on AHB when you could be out there drinking more tasty beers? Or.. are you doing both? :)

its 9am! give me a break! Actually, I'm trying and failing to locate a getrankemarkt that actually sells weihenstephaner ... its easier to find the stuff in stirling than anywhere in munich outside of the TUM! Incredible!

Yes, but your internal clock is at 5pm on Friday. You must be ready for a beer right about now.

Awww man thats a sight to behold.

I thought the quick snack Pie truck in the carpark was good :rolleyes:

So this year, tada!, weihenstephaner is available at the local supermarket. But only the default version. So it is still easier to get the range in Adelaide than Munich.
Too funny.

And then there's paris. Where do you buy Trois Monts in the latin quarter? Plenty of Hoegaarden and duval and chimay but hard to find french biere! Go figure!

But lots of crepe nutella. How do you think microwaved nutella would go on ice cream?

Back