The Wall Live

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
Yesterday I got my ticket for the second concert in Brisbane and am stoked to get to see this musical masterpiece live by the man who wrote it. Going with some mates who were olny young blokes when it was released, we are nearly 50 now. I reckon it would have to be on a bucket list for any serious Floyd fan. Anyone else going?

cheers

Browndog

Yesterday I got my ticket for the second concert in Brisbane and am stoked to get to see this musical masterpiece live by the man who wrote it. Going with some mates who were olny young blokes when it was released, we are nearly 50 now. I reckon it would have to be on a bucket list for any serious Floyd fan. Anyone else going?

cheers

Browndog

Might have to try and snag a couple of tickets.

Hate you, hate you, Hate you, Hate you, Hate you...... :(

Damn you Tony.... I want to go to that concert... :angry:

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH!

The Mrs & I are going to the 1st concert in Sydney.

Will be awesome - can't wait till Feb!

I saw the last tour in Melbourne... absolutely brilliant show...

$179 for silver is a bit rich though!

I paid $199 for a gold at Brisbane.
couldn't justify $399 each for gold in Sydney :(

As far as the expense goes, I don't go to many concerts so forking out alnost $200 bills for 1 world class show from a rock legend more than makes up for 2 gigs by (Flame suit on) lesser "artists" (flame suit off) B)

(think we need flame suit on/off emoticons ;-) Something to protect from the flaming ones on this page http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135872 )

Hear the lark and harken to the barking of the dog fox
Gone to ground.
See the splashing of the kingfisher flashing to the water.
And a river of green is sliding unseen beneath the trees
Laughing as it passes through the endless summer
Making for the sea.

Oh yeah..

Whenever I hear Ummagumma I get the urge to cough and spray deodorant around the room.

$400 is great value for what you get - but in reality it's more like a $500 night. At least.

No dice.

wasn't suprised to see the first concert sold out so quick, dropped a massive hint to 'er indoors (she just saw Neil Diamond at the NEC recently) about the 2nd concert in Brizzy so if she hasn't got tickets yet i'll get onto it, if I miss out I've always got memories of the Momentary Lapse of Reason concert in 88 at the ent ctr B) B)

Tickets arrived today! WOOT!

Centre, front row of second tier!! [Melbourne show]

Fark I am absolutely hanging for it. Bit pissed the other night and went youtubing some of the current show, apparently slightly different than the Berlin show.. had to stop myself from seeing too much, don't want to ruin it huh! Lucky I cant remember too much of the clips! ;)

I have a mate who travelled to the Canada just to see it because he swore it would never come to oz! :p

I saw Roger Waters when he was out here a couple of years back and it was a great concert, I'm sure her will do The Wall justice.

I'm sure her will do The Wall justice.

Sure?!? The wall? You are sure Roger will do it justice?

It is his BD! He wont only do it justice he will deliver it the way the writer, HIM!, wanted it to be!

Don't get me wrong, Gilmours ventures since Roger and him parted ways are much better than Rogers ventures... IMO!

But we are talking the Wall here, its his, he will deliver it and it will be amazing!

FARK YES!

The Wall was really a bit past their best IMHO. In my early 20s ( around 1974) my best mate Ian Nicholls and I would get a pin of Brains SA delivered to his bedsit and we would sit and listen to Ummagumma etc ( that clip by Dave 70 from Grandchester Meadows took me right back there for a minute ) - we would get hammered on the SA and eat cheese and Guernsey tomatoes and smoke some side salad as well :ph34r:

Ian died in a motorbike crash a couple of years later and I can't listen to any Floyd later than Dark Side, Umma etc. :(

I can't listen to any Floyd later than Dark Side, Umma etc. :(

I get it but you're doing yourself a disservice imho Bribie, The Wall was one of the first vinyl albums i bought but i still think Momentary Lapse of Reason is one of their best, horses for courses i guess :icon_cheers:

Sure?!? The wall? You are sure Roger will do it justice?

It is his BD! He wont only do it justice he will deliver it the way the writer, HIM!, wanted it to be!

Don't get me wrong, Gilmours ventures since Roger and him parted ways are much better than Rogers ventures... IMO!

But we are talking the Wall here, its his, he will deliver it and it will be amazing!

FARK YES!

Oops, yes Cocko, I mean he. I saw him last time he was out here with Ross and his Missus and the concert was fantastic and we were within "spitting" distance from him. I'm wondering if he will do all the songs off the album, I hope so. Snowy White doesn't do a bad Dave Gilmour, but nothing can beat the king. I just hope his 60 something voice can still do the lyrics proud. When it was released me and my mates were 17yr olds, one of my mates bought the album the day before we took off on a 4 day camping/fishing trip. We had it going the whole time, two of those guys will be joining me at the entertainment centre to see the concert.

Memorable albums, Obscured by Clouds (very unfloydlike) Wish you were here, Animals.

Saw them twice in one week on the Momentary lapse of Reason tour.

Fucken hurry up february

Browndog

Am going to the 1st Sydney show and am stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saw him do Dark Side and it blew my mind but The Wall is sooo much better ( I mean money come on it just doesn't fit on dark side) just hope they include When the Tigers broke free which is on the movie soundtrack but not the album (where it should be)
Just wish I had the $800 it would've set me back to go (SWMBO would have called in lawyers if she wasn't invited)

Got into PF when I was in Year 8 and the second band ever I became obsessed with (eg get copies of everything on cassette from friends then slowly buy each one on either cassette or vinyl each time I got my newspaper delivery pay)

To this day I still have every cassette, CD, vinyl and video piece I've ever owned from PF and am not in a hurry to get rid of any of them. Favourites are the Wall and Animals but I have a fondness for everything up to momentary lapse (starting from piper at the gates of dawn).

That said, there is no chance I would spend that much of the money I don't have to see old rock stars sing anti-stadium rock in a stadium. Roger used to hang shit on Dave Gilmour for doing exactly that with songs from the wall.

Great music they wrote but there comes a point when they need to let it become a great memory rather than a great overblown money spinner.

I know what you mean Manticle. For example I have always been a Belinda Carlisle muppet (yes my musical choice is very Catholic) and I missed her in May when she did a gig in Brisbane. I was extremely pissed of, but on further reflection the reason I missed the tour was because it wasn't on at the Entertainment Centre, but merely at the Kedron Wavell RSL Club :unsure:
Sure she's still a babe but as for hitting the notes........ Like you say, comes a time. A bit like Rodney Rude now appearing at the Plucked Duck Hotel Salisbury as a warm up act for Meatloaf ("Trib." in small letters :lol: )

Having said that, hope the guy does well in Feb :icon_cheers:

Got into PF when I was in Year 8 and the second band ever I became obsessed with (eg get copies of everything on cassette from friends then slowly buy each one on either cassette or vinyl each time I got my newspaper delivery pay)

To this day I still have every cassette, CD, vinyl and video piece I've ever owned from PF and am not in a hurry to get rid of any of them. Favourites are the Wall and Animals but I have a fondness for everything up to momentary lapse (starting from piper at the gates of dawn).

That said, there is no chance I would spend that much of the money I don't have to see old rock stars sing anti-stadium rock in a stadium. Roger used to hang shit on Dave Gilmour for doing exactly that with songs from the wall.

Great music they wrote but there comes a point when they need to let it become a great memory rather than a great overblown money spinner.

Dave Gilmour has retired so I believe, he is not touring with Waters. Manticle you are entitled to your opinion, you see it as an ageing rocker out to pad his retirement. I see it as a once in a lifetime chance to be 17 again with some of my mates who I have known since I was 5yrs old. I see it as Roger Waters doing this as his swansong, for his fans of old.

Back