Quantcast

The Prefect Diet

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

volcano

Reaction score
So heres the background.
I am a shortish bloke (about 176/178cm) and weighed in at about 100kg. I do have a big frame, but had quite a distended gut.

I decided I didn't liek the gut at 28 years of age, so got my ass into gear and started going to the gym 3 days a week doing situps and cardio excercise. As part of this regime I decided I was only going to drink beer on the weekends. Tough, I know.. but I felt I could cope.

3 months went by and I managed to lose about 7kgs, but it stalled. I was staying true and only drinking my Tooheys new on the weekends.

Then I re-discovered home brewing. I still stuck to my regiment even though being tempted beyond belief.

About 4 weeks ago now, I went to the doctor and had a cervacious cyst removed from my back, and gained 8 stitches for my efforts. The downside to this was that I couldn't go to the gym or do any physically straining activites.

Oh well, figured I.. I'll just have a few beers, and then whatever I put on weight-wise I'll just do my best to lose it again. So off I go. Drinking a few schooies of home brew each night, sitting on my ass watching TV.

Alas, the 2 glorious weeks came to an end and it was time to go back to the gym.

When I jumped on the scales, I had lost 3 kilos!!!! No way I thought and went to the manager asking him to recalibrate the scales, thinking they must be out.

"Well, I only did them 3 days ago, but if you want I can redo them." We chucked a 20kg weight on the scales and they came in at a perfect 44lbs. Imagine my surprise!

Does home brew beer affect your metabolism differently to regular swill?
BTW, I find it almost impossible to lose weight. Gaining it however, is somethign I excel at!
;)

crackers

Reaction score
toned muscle weighs more than fat.
that happened to me, after i left the gym i lost 5kg
but that has since been put back on (and some)

but igronance id bliss, keep drinkin'

crackers

volcano

Reaction score
Well, I doubt highly if muscle will turn to (or more accurately, be replaced by) fat in 2 weeks.
I know i was rather inactive over the two weeks, but not _THAT_bad.

Wasabi

Reaction score
Volcano,

You need to get on ACA with that. They seem to feature diet after diet, and I reckon yours will at least inspire some men to get out there and try it

"THE ERUPTION OF THE NEW VOLCANO DIET"
"Losing weight the fun way"

Jazman

Fishweide BrauHaus
Reaction score
well actually i put on more weight with homebrew and don forget beer is a carbohydrate so to many and the body cant burn it off but who care u only kive once and beer is good i say

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
i just can't put on weight for the life of me iam over 6 foot and a light 75kg.
the average 20-30 litre of beer a week don't do anything at all to my gut.
so i don't think i could get a beer gut no matter how hard i try.

cheers jayse
sitting here trying to get a beer gut.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
ive a mate who drank heaps ate lots of junk food and still remained lean.weird hey.me on the other hand..... :(

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
I have a bit of gut to spare Jayse

deebee

The Bludgeon Brewery
Reaction score
Jayse,

I was like you 6foot and 72kg all my adult life. Ate and drank whatever I wanted and could not put on a pound. Then I turned 30 and stacked on 10kg in about a year. At 36, I now struggle to stay under 85kg. And the only part of my body formerly not repulsive to women (my flat stomach) is now soft and round.

Drinking beer is definitely a factor, whether it's homebrew or not. The main indication, surely, is the FG. Those big FG beers have lots of unfermentables and chock full of calories. I love stouts and i reckon they are my main weight problem.

So I exercise, not to lose weight, but to allow me to keep drinking.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
deebee
i'd be quite happy with 85kg. i guess it all depends where the extra weight goes.

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
Hey jayse
you sound exactly like my cousin over in Adelaide. Over 6 foot tall and skinny as a rake. Guzzles beer like there is no tomorrow. As well as all the food.
Sure its not something in the water over there. :D :D

Latest posts