The New Chinese Hop Bulk Buy 2009/2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham,

Can I just double check the ordering process? Do I just wait until you put up a post to ask for us to email you orders or do I just email you my order now?

Sorry, I read through all the terms and conds of the buy and just wanted to double check that.

Cheers
Simon

DISTRIBUTION CENTRES

Well, it seems craftbrewers want to be involved in the Hop Buy, BUT no-one out there wants to be involved with the distribution of the hops. So far all I have is one poor fellow in WA willing to help.

This whole buy will rely on you the craftbrewer in each state helping with the distribution of the hop buy. There will be no buy if we dont have distribution centres. This is a community Hop Bulk Buy, if the Community doesn't want to be involved, well the buy will be cancelled til October 2010, when a new seasons buy will start.

If your interested e-mail me.

If the buy goes ahead, in regards to ordering, well I will notify HERE, when we are ready, for everyone to place their orders. Please dont e-mail me now for the orders, that will occur once we have distributions Centres set up.

Graham L Sanders
Skype "Craftbrewer"
grahamlsanders at gmail dot com

<snip> so SAAZ you will get is the true SAAZ." </snip>

So what sort of Saaz did we get before if it wasn't true Saaz? I assumed it was Saaz grown in China, as the Saaz from the second buy will also be?

UPDATE

THIS HOP BUY IS OFF

Yes its with deep regrete that I have to tell one and all this hop buy is officially off. A number of things have happened in the last week that has left me in no doubt, that when I thought this forum could not stoop any lower, I find out that, yes, some brewers out there can indeed get very low. There is no one reason mind you, just a combination, BUT included in that is people in Distribution Centres now concerned about the backlash they will receive from this forum, when it gets out they acted as such.

This is indeed a new low, and I will personally not put any Craftbrewer thru such, cheap hops or not. There are other reasons as well I wont make public, (let the speculation run riot). One thing I will confirm, the order would have been bigger than the last).

My appologies again.

To the delight of many, I will also de-register from the forum, so there will be no point in trying to whim me via this.

FUTURE BUYS

Yes I will come back for the 2010 season. Under a new name, clean slate. Look arround October for my return. It will be bigger and better than before. By then the huff and puff would have died down.

To all, I have had a blast with this Bulk Buy. Despite the nob-police, I have enjoyed the experience, learnt a lot, made friends, lost some.

All the best

Graham L Sanders
Craftbrewer
http://radio.craftbrewer.org
Skype "Craftbrewer"

Graham mate,

Sitdown, relax and take a few deep breaths. There has to be a reason why so many capable brewers are upset with you. As an onlooker, they didn't stoop low at all and had a valid reason to get on their soap box.

128763435435369780.jpg

Atleast until the dust settles.

UPDATE

THIS HOP BUY IS OFF

Yes its with deep regrete that I have to tell one and all this hop buy is officially off. A number of things have happened in the last week that has left me in no doubt, that when I thought this forum could not stoop any lower, I find out that, yes, some brewers out there can indeed get very low. There is no one reason mind you, just a combination, BUT included in that is people in Distribution Centres now concerned about the backlash they will receive from this forum, when it gets out they acted as such.

This is indeed a new low, and I will personally not put any Craftbrewer thru such, cheap hops or not. There are other reasons as well I wont make public, (let the speculation run riot). One thing I will confirm, the order would have been bigger than the last).

My appologies again.

To the delight of many, I will also de-register from the forum, so there will be no point in trying to whim me via this.

FUTURE BUYS

Yes I will come back for the 2010 season. Under a new name, clean slate. Look arround October for my return. It will be bigger and better than before. By then the huff and puff would have died down.

To all, I have had a blast with this Bulk Buy. Despite the nob-police, I have enjoyed the experience, learnt a lot, made friends, lost some.

All the best

Graham L Sanders
Craftbrewer
http://radio.craftbrewer.org
Skype "Craftbrewer"

I'm sorry to hear this.

people in Distribution Centres now concerned about the backlash they will receive from this forum

This is hilarious. I'm really starting to think you are genuinely insane. Like straight-jacket insane.

This is sad, Graham and the packers put alot of work into the first buy, maybe the hops were not perfect, but the way the C*nt's on this site react as though they have had their rectums rodgered is the insane thing.

tight arse brewers, unwilling to take a risk and then deal with the consequences if it fails to meet expectations, sure graham is an odd bod with some occasionally tough to bear schtick , but at least he had the time and energy to give it a go, something that the retierees, underemployed, indepedently wealthy, university employees and long term goverment bureocrats that lurk here have not done.

For what it's worth I had offered to do a split / pack day only to have townsville act like a complete arrogant wanker. It's all his fault that this is coming back to bite him.

If anyone is put out by this new bulk buy being called off they can buy (or possibly get for free) hops from the last one. Looks like there's plenty of people trying to offload them.

i dont think its GLS hard work and effort thats the issue, infact i think even those who have made negative comments on the quality of the hops they recieved from China acctually appreciate the effort he, packers/distributors and those in the shadows who put in a decent legwork. Yes there are a few of them that i know of.

If you read adams post: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...showtopic=41025

it all makes perfect sense on pictures 5 & 6 why most are pissed off. from the moderated threads that have been cleaned up it can be easily misinterpreted why most are not all that happy him him and his lewd comments and suggestions. (this is a cut down/softened version of events as an example, 4th paragraph.) http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...mp;#entry574609

To think that we are just going off the rail on pack instinct is well...

129073861189674467.jpg

If anyone is put out by this new bulk buy being called off they can buy (or possibly get for free) hops from the last one. Looks like there's plenty of people trying to offload them.

i was under the impression the second buy hops were coming from a completely different growing region? or is this not the case.

the point im trying to make is that one simply can't "buy from an unhappy customer from the first buy" as the hops were going to be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back