Chinese Hops 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monorail!

(sorry couldn't resist)

Last year's hops were pretty crap, although I kept some and used them for basic bittering. Very disappointing exercise for all involved. Surprised the guy has got sucked in again this year. Edit: considering that the Chinese did him like a dim sim last year.

Is this some sick fathers day joke? :icon_vomit:

Cheers

Paul

C'mon guys, give rheep yu oph another chance!

I liked this emoticon that someone used on that forum

nonono.gif

Hi Folks,
For those interested, Graham Sanders is organising a bulk buy of Chinese hops again for the 2010 crop. Since he cannot organise this on AHB, he is organising it here:

http://www.homebrewdownunder.com/index.php?topic=1644.0

Berp.

Just had a squeak at that forum. Will be getting the popcorn and armchair ready when you know what hits the fan :lol: :lol: Should make a good read if he is able to muster enough interest. Lets sit back and watch the fun begin........ BTW Ross, I am a little confused your sight does state you are out of stock? But you also state on that other forum you won't be taking up this years offer :unsure: Not that I want any....

BYB

Is this some sick fathers day joke? :icon_vomit:

I thought it may have been April 1st ... but it seems that it's serious ... oh well, at least this time most people should know what to expect.

We all know that you have to be a really good brewer to use these hops, hence why I didn't get any and wont be this time either. If the rest of you not so good brewers could please reframe from entering this buy so those that have the skills to use them can do so without us interfering, that'd be swell :p

1st page ad rental space for sale (in whats going to be a looooong thread), going cheap PM me

$14 a kilo is a great price, if theres a high alpha hop among the selection for bittering. Might give some a go. Were the previous ones stale?

Off topic - That forum link is worth visiting, if only for Yardy's slightly larger avatar. God bless Canada.

Monorail!

(sorry couldn't resist)

lol, now I've got that song running though my head.

Well, sir, there's nothing on earth
Like a genuine,
Bona fide,
Electrified,
Six-car
Monorail!
What'd I say?
Monorail

QldKev

$14 a kilo is a great price, if theres a high alpha hop among the selection for bittering. Might give some a go. Were the previous ones stale?

Off topic - That forum link is worth visiting, if only for Yardy's slightly larger avatar. God bless Canada.

and Yardy doesn't even look like that!

QldKev

Think 2002 stale.

If you read GLS's post it is suggested that what everyone else saw as "staleness" was actually a "freshness" to which you are unaccustomed. So not only are you a poor brewer but you also don't understand your ingredients.

This sounds better than ever, how can you not get excited about Chinese hops!??

Sure, why don't we all buy Chinese hops. I suppose given the extra demand they will happily step up production and supply all our HBS. Our farmers can go back to growing POR for the big breweries and we can pretty much (eventually) kiss goodbye to any sort of innovation and fresh produce growers locally.

I'm not old enough to remember how good/big the aircraft industry in this country was but right now it's SHIT. Well, we can just keep shipping more jobs and talents out of here and live on the dole when there isn't any work left here that requires an ounce of brains. The miners will pull us through right?!

Way to go.

PS: I am definitely not against patronizing foreign businesses for quality and innovation. But for the mean mean thing of pure cost!!! Then ppl ask why we don't have any good beers on tap at the pubs.

Shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back