The Lost Pommy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But they did have the best equipment available to them at the time.....

It's amazing that people used to brew without tempmates, or fridges, or motorised mills or any of the other equipment we take for granted.

Or the guy who got lost in the Grand Canyon (US, not Blue Mountains), got his arm stuck under a rock and proceeded to hack it off with a blunt pen-knife.

The absence of part of a limb backed his story up quite well though.

It's amazing that people used to brew without tempmates, or fridges, or motorised mills or any of the other equipment we take for granted.
I still brew without all the stuff you mentioned :icon_cheers:

The absence of part of a limb backed his story up quite well though.

Unless you've shook his hand (Ok his stump) personally, it could have just been a photoshop edit.

Alternativly, and here's one the kids can play at home, try and find a picture of him before the incident. I'm going to suggest that he was a thalidomide baby.

The Associated Press report that the lost hiker's father had this to say:

"I'm going to kick his arse"

That's too funny.

His father has said if any money was made, it would be passed on to those organisations who searched for him. This is all well and good, but it wouldn't be his father's money.

Bullshit hoax or not (I lean towards the hoax side but reserve my judgement until all the facts are revealed), there will be revenue, much revenue. If the young man keeps the money, it's a little sad and very selfish, but he has to live with the decision and it sounds like his father would not be very happy.

Dunno, Dad strikes me as being a bit of the old type showman who knows where to find a shilling, know wot I mean, guvner?

stagga.

At least the guy hasn't decided to sue his rescuers, unlike this *********. If you decide to go on a skiing vacation in Canada, don't venture into the out of bounds areas as we likely won't have any search and rescue teams because of this aforementioned *********. <_<

What to make of this though from The Australian (last sentence)...

Mr Cass said his son had been lost numerous times before on mountain walks in Wales, including Mt Snowdon, one of Great Britain's highest mountains at 1085m.
So, he gets lost on a regular basis, and still doesn't take a GPS?

Yes apparently he ate out almost 2 hectares of paspalum while he was loose, and graziers not happy with him at all. :(
The whole story just gets more incredible by the hour.

stagga.

Yes apparently he ate out almost 2 hectares of paspalum while he was loose,

He's destined to be a national hero to itchy kids everywhere.

And once you've cornered the itchy kid market, you're bigger than Jesus.

I still brew without all the stuff you mentioned :icon_cheers:

With the exception of a fridge - me too. Fridge is for hops and cold conditioning (no temp mate) and was free

Unless you've shook his hand (Ok his stump) personally, it could have just been a photoshop edit.

Alternativly, and here's one the kids can play at home, try and find a picture of him before the incident. I'm going to suggest that he was a thalidomide baby.

Well I did see him get interviewed (I think on either Denton or Parkinson). It wasn't just something I read in the weekly world news and thought 'ooh wow. That's more amazing than a 6m butterfly!!

Today's papers report that he could get $200k from 60 minutes alone for this.

It also states that his father walked out to the Ruined Castle (at least three hours from the base of the scenic railway!) witha completely intact rose and proceeded to carve a memorial message into ROCK. This is all very sensationalist stuff, in the lead up to his supposed save.

And then there's this balony from his entertainment agent.

"It's such a good survival story," Mr Markson told The Times.

"He could go on to do some speaking engagements, he should be doing some educating, talking to kids at school to help them learn about survival skills.

WTF ? He went walking without preparation (after having a history of getting lost several times in the past - frankly he's a shithouse trekker), he didn't find his own way out, yet he's to be revered as a hero ? Sorry, but **** that, even if the story is true. Kids should be looking up to volunteer doctors who work for the impoverished, or charity groups who try and make things better in some way, heck even the Sea Shepherd 'gang' are hero's if kids want some excitement in their icons. But this kid, he's just A) An Opportunist Hoax-Artist or B) A Lost Walker who's going to be an Opportunist.

Kid, I beg of you, take the money if you are a greedy little thing, and go the hell home. Just don't allow yourself to be promoted as some sort of figure for public inspiration. The young generation need positive role models, not wandering, meandering silly-billy's who got lucky.

And why am I even talking to him on AHB, is he a brewer ? Someone needs his beer medicine.

Doesn't even need a GPS. Saw a report last night that local police offer a free emergency beacon for hikers to use. This would have meant the moment he felt he was in trouble, bang! position located within seconds, maybe he would have need to wait an hour or two for people to find him.

Given his success with hiking, one might suggest he take up bungy jumping or skydiving......

Cheers SJ

Today's papers report that he could get $200k from 60 minutes alone for this.

And then there's this balony from his entertainment agent.

"It's such a good survival story," Mr Markson told The Times.

"He could go on to do some speaking engagements, he should be doing some educating, talking to kids at school to help them learn about survival skills".

If only Markson would take a walk into the scrub and was never seen or heard from again.
The celebrations, people attending church services to give thanks to a merciful Lord, the tearful hugs of joy, would be unprecedented.

stagga.

Thats just sick

photoshops.png

The word out is that he set out in the Blue Mountains looking for a pub that sold decent beer but after 12 days had to give up.

Back