"the Knowledge" By Little Creatures

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Thirsty may be on the money.....

I only got onto LCPA at most six months ago. Since then, my tolerance of beers with big hops has grown and beers that a few months ago knocked my head off, such as LCPA, don't have the same impact.

I had one earlier tonight and agree with people that it doesn't seem like I remember it a while ago, but I'm not convinced that this is the quality of the beer dropping.

As with any other food, eat a lot of salt or sugar and their flavours don't stand out so much after a while, I think the same is true here.

I'd be keen to give the Knowledge a go, can't see them sending any to the Gold Coast though.

Kev

As with any other food, eat a lot of salt or sugar and their flavours don't stand out so much after a while, I think the same is true here.

I'd be keen to give the Knowledge a go, can't see them sending any to the Gold Coast though.

Kev

i posted something similar to this a while ago. i think that whilst we brew beers that we love, and some of them have big hop profiles, this may be doing something to our palettes and as a result we end up becoming somewhat "un-calibrated"/

for example with studio mixing, it is advised to take regular breaks and listen to different music and mixes to bring your ears back into scope. otherwise you run the risk of having too much bass/treble/mids in your mix.

much the same with beer, i think. leave your ego at the door and mix it up with a few mainstream stubbies from time to time.

you may find that new visitors to your brew wont be trying to locate the roof of their mouth somewhere in the bottom of their hoppy pint ;)

i dont think it's a conspiracy theory as to why hahn premium and the knowledge dont seem that hoppy....we're all over-hopping our own brew!!!

I got the whisper that it's at Transport at the moment, so time to head up there in about 15 minutes for a hoppy lunch.

Interesting! I mgiht travel down there thiseveing after work, have tomorrow off. Got a big drive hahead of me to Canberra tomorrow though :angry:

If Thirsty is on the money i think i might be blown away, Chinook+Cascade = Awesome.

Actually, there are a couple kegs back on tap as of this week. It's mellowed out somewhat but still quite piney.... Get it while it lasts.

Mmmm yum. The Chinook certainly stands out in that one, with a lovely thick chewy malt backbone to hold it up. I thoroughly enjoyed that beer, and I would like to know when it'll be made again.

Transport is a long way out of my way for a lunchtime ale, but The Knowledge was worth it.

Mmmm yum. The Chinook certainly stands out in that one, with a lovely thick chewy malt backbone to hold it up. I thoroughly enjoyed that beer, and I would like to know when it'll be made again.

Transport is a long way out of my way for a lunchtime ale, but The Knowledge was worth it.

Looks like were heading for Transport after we finish at Emerald Hill and Bells Hotel tomorrow arvo/night

Rook

Had one at Transport tonight (well last night now) and it was as good as I remember it. Although served WAY too cold. Order a something else to drink while the frost wears off you glass of Knowledge.

Like Kai said, maybe a bit mellower than before, but still with a really nice deep resinous hop to it. Delicious.

Had one at Transport tonight (well last night now) and it was as good as I remember it. Although served WAY too cold.

Well what can i say, i had one, then antoher then another. Couldnt get enough of it.

Agree with thirsty, definatly need a while for it to warm up as it was at lager temp's, great nonethless!

Latest posts

Back