The Grainfather

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snow said:
Makes me feel even better that I've put an order in!
Hang on, I thought you said Santa was bringing you one?? :D

It was in my letter to Santa, dufus!

The Grainfather seems to be set up for a batch size of about 25 litres can it also do a batch of 12 litres?

Thanks. Aamcle

And another question.

What are the dimensions of the boiler not including the stand just the bit the water goes in?

Diameter, Depth (inside) and volume?

Many Thanks. Aamcle

A bit of a heads up; they've started shipping units out to retailers. Your local homebrew shop should be receiving stock early next week. Also, the Aussie site is online now to order, browse, etc.

The thing that would concern me if I was going to be an "early adopter" ... as with most things new like my 37" LCD that cost $4,000 in 2006 and died after two years, early mobile phones etc, is that you are really paying a grand to be their test bed. So apart from the price vs Braumeister, the repair and return arrangements would have to be bulletproof.

On the other hand, products such as the Aussie made Crown Urn are generally dead reliable nowadays. TBH I wouldn't mind going Grainfather myself if and when the urn dies, as I'm not brewing as much nowadays and a more compact system would be an advantage, but I wouldn't even consider one until at least page 30 on this forum in the "Grainmaster problems, tricks and tips" topic.

And believe me there will be such a topic. :p

edit: make that Grainfather, see, that just slipped out, now wouldn't that have been a better name as pointed out earlier in the thread.

Bribie G said:
The thing that would concern me if I was going to be an "early adopter" ... as with most things new like my 37" LCD that cost $4,000 in 2006 and died after two years, early mobile phones etc, is that you are really paying a grand to be their test bed. So apart from the price vs Braumeister, the repair and return arrangements would have to be bulletproof.

On the other hand, products such as the Aussie made Crown Urn are generally dead reliable nowadays. TBH I wouldn't mind going Grainfather myself if and when the urn dies, as I'm not brewing as much nowadays and a more compact system would be an advantage, but I wouldn't even consider one until at least page 30 on this forum in the "Grainmaster problems, tricks and tips" topic.

And believe me there will be such a topic. :p

edit: make that Grainfather, see, that just slipped out, now wouldn't that have been a better name as pointed out earlier in the thread.
One of the great things about forums like this.

To their credit It looks like the Grainfather people are fairly responsive to forums and issues raised in them. Hopefully this great service will last.

You may have heard of leaking issues from the wort chiller on forums etc, and we'd like to reassure you that those issues were fixed and the items you will receive are the new improved versions. Anyone who has one of the first ones will also have theirs replaced.

I watched Martin from National Home Brew demonstrate one of these in Gympie yesterday, I was quite impressed. :beerbang: For under a grand I think these are going to prove very popular.

Batz

We've been dealing with the parent company/supplier for 4.5 years now. Any issue that has arisen has been dealt with professionally, quickly and smoothly. Signs of a supplier with solid people at the helm that back their gear 100%. The Grainfather will be death with in the same manner should any issues arise.

That said, it also falls back to the retailer to take care of business as it should be and with 100% confidence that the customer is put first.

I'm also pretty confident that if the unit was going to have issues, the workload we've put on our teaching and display unit would have made it have a brain fart by now. It's copped some use and abuse, but keeps on keeping on.

As above, i've been running sums on finishing the 4v i've been slowly setting up compared to this rig....The efficiencies and ramp times etc i've been seeing from the reviews are fantastic....Need to corner the owner of the LHBS hehe....

I don't think you could build a stainless brewery with a chiller for the price. Buy one and your brewing the day it arrives. :party:

hughbert said:
What stores in Melbourne are selling this guy?
Most HBS in Melbourne will be able to access them. Like all things brewing related, whether they choose to stock them will be up to the store owners.

Latest posts

Back