The "god I Need A Beer" Thread.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After I've had a few beers I sometimes think "Beer, I need a God".

In Ancient Greek mythology, Silenus is the God of beer and a drinking companion. He is usually associated with his buddy, Dionysus. He is often featured as a bald and fat man, with a big beer belly. He is normally drunk and it is said that he had to be carried either by donkeys or satyrs (in Greek mythology, satyrs are wood-dwelling creatures with the head and body of a man and the ears, horns, and legs of a goat).
Dionysus is famously known for being the Ancient Greek God of intoxicating drinks like wine and beer. He is also known as the Liberator as he liberates oneself with the intoxicating power of alcoholic drinks. He is the son of Zeus and considered Silenus his tutor.

Ninkasi is the Ancient Sumerian Goddess of beer and brewing. It is said that she provides the world with the secret to make beer. In Sumerian culture, she is also known for her power to satisfy human desire.

In Ancient Egyptian culture, Osiris is the God of agriculture. He is also known as the God of beer. A Greek historian from the time of Julius Caesar once wrote that, “Osiris taught the people how to brew the beverage which is made of barley, which is not greatly inferior to wine in odor and potency.”

In Norse mythology, Aegir is actually the God of the sea. It is believed that he has the control of the storms and turbulent seas. He is also known as the God of beer and brewing.

In the Aztec tradition, Tezcatzontecatl is the God of pulque (a traditional alcoholic beverage made of fermented juice of the century plant, and similar to beer). He is also associated with drunkenness and fertility. A monument built like a pyramid was built on top of the Tepozteco Mountain for the worshiper and now, this place has become a well known archaeological site.

In Zulu mythology, Mbaba Mwana Waresa is the Goddess of beer because it is believed that she created the first beer for human comsumption. She is also known as the Goddess of rain and the rainbow. She is celebrated for her search of true love.

In certain African cultures, Yasigi is the Goddess of beer, dance and masks. Her statue portrays her as large-breasted female holding a beer ladle while dancing.

In the Czech mythology, Radegast is the God of hospitality and mutuality. According to the legend, he is credited for the creation of beer.

In Ancient Baltic and Slavic mythology, Raugupatis is known as the God of fermentation. Raugutiene is Raugupatis partner and she is known as the Goddess of beer.

...take your pick!

I choose Yasigi, decent norks and if her face isn't anything special she'll oblige and wear a mask!

I think i'd go with Yasigi.

In certain African cultures, Yasigi is the Goddess of beer, dance and masks. Her statue portrays her as large-breasted female holding a beer ladle while dancing.

Can't go wrong with titties and beer.

After the last few weeks at work, I need a beer nearly every day....

Somehow having a restriction next to my name on the system of "No heavy lifting, otherwise full duties" means our scheduling department can roster me out of the private gaming rooms I normally work down the the $10 blackjack tables with the dirty commoners....

Not happy Jan.

Sounds like this Yasigi bird spills most of it while dancing. I'll head around Raugutiene and Raugupatis' place for a quite one, I think.

Meanwhile, back on Earth - God, I need a beer. A year long job application process ended today in spectacular failure. Gonna get very pissed for a school night.

[EDIT: not enough words. No wonder I'm not desirable on the job market]

In Ancient Greek mythology, Silenus is the God of beer and a drinking companion. He is usually associated with his buddy, Dionysus. He is often featured as a bald and fat man, with a big beer belly. He is normally drunk and it is said that he had to be carried either by donkeys or satyrs (in Greek mythology, satyrs are wood-dwelling creatures with the head and body of a man and the ears, horns, and legs of a goat).
Dionysus is famously known for being the Ancient Greek God of intoxicating drinks like wine and beer. He is also known as the Liberator as he liberates oneself with the intoxicating power of alcoholic drinks. He is the son of Zeus and considered Silenus his tutor.

Ninkasi is the Ancient Sumerian Goddess of beer and brewing. It is said that she provides the world with the secret to make beer. In Sumerian culture, she is also known for her power to satisfy human desire.

In Ancient Egyptian culture, Osiris is the God of agriculture. He is also known as the God of beer. A Greek historian from the time of Julius Caesar once wrote that, Osiris taught the people how to brew the beverage which is made of barley, which is not greatly inferior to wine in odor and potency.

In Norse mythology, Aegir is actually the God of the sea. It is believed that he has the control of the storms and turbulent seas. He is also known as the God of beer and brewing.

In the Aztec tradition, Tezcatzontecatl is the God of pulque (a traditional alcoholic beverage made of fermented juice of the century plant, and similar to beer). He is also associated with drunkenness and fertility. A monument built like a pyramid was built on top of the Tepozteco Mountain for the worshiper and now, this place has become a well known archaeological site.

In Zulu mythology, Mbaba Mwana Waresa is the Goddess of beer because it is believed that she created the first beer for human comsumption. She is also known as the Goddess of rain and the rainbow. She is celebrated for her search of true love.

In the Czech mythology, Radegast is the God of hospitality and mutuality. According to the legend, he is credited for the creation of beer.

In Ancient Baltic and Slavic mythology, Raugupatis is known as the God of fermentation. Raugutiene is Raugupatis partner and she is known as the Goddess of beer.

...take your pick!
You left out Jesus. He turned water into wine.

Yes, but he's only second rate because he only produced wine!

I don't recall the bible ever saying "...And on the fifth day, god invented the pillow case, so that many an all grain batch could be produced, and thy neighbor could snicker behind his back..."

..useless good-for-nuttin' :angry:

Yes, but he's only second rate because he only produced wine!

I don't recall the bible ever saying "...And on the fifth day, god invented the pillow case, so that many an all grain batch could be produced, and thy neighbor could snicker behind his back..."

..useless good-for-nuttin' :angry:
Pretty sure it took place at a wedding because they ran out (pft bad organisers hey?), and maybe the crowd were wine buffs.
Yeah I'll have to look through the bible for beer references. I'm not sure there's any at all.
ps. FWIW, I think anyone who makes any form of alcohol is on par with brewers.

There is no mention of beer specifically. However there is mention of wine and "strong drink" it is thought that strong drink should be something other than wine (due to them being mentioned together at times) and in terms of what is known of alcohol production at the time the "strong drink" would almost certainly have to be beer.

Of course Jesus never said RAHASD. Purely used in a judgemental fashion (as are most things in that book).

ps. FWIW, I think anyone who makes any form of alcohol is on par with brewers.

I've had some pretty awful beverages that technically qualify as an alcoholic beverage, many of them not just ethyl alcoholic. :icon_vomit:

I've had some pretty awful beverages that technically qualify as an alcoholic beverage, many of them not just ethyl alcoholic. :icon_vomit:
okay, they can be on par with a homebrand kit & kilo brewer. :beer:

3 weeks of glandular fever - I'm fair on hanging for a beer or a cider. Sick of drinking protein and ProForm nutritional suppliments cause I cant eat much cause of ulcers in my mouth, on my tongue and down my throat. So hanging for beer or cider and more solid food like a steak or something.

That sucks man, I had glandular from about New Years 'til March this year. I didn't have the ulcers thankfully but I just didn't have an appetite, for food or booze.

Shit of a thing to get, I had it when I was a kid for about a month and a half. Had to have a month off school and slept in 3 day stints. Seriously felt like I was gonna die. Hope you get better soon man.

hope u get better soon komodo, sounds crappy..

And back to topic,

God I need a beer.

Thesis due in 2 weeks, plus I am still actively doing my research, been at uni doing 14 hour days since I can't remember, I eat dinner at 12:45 am and in bed by 1am repeat indefinately.

And then in 2 weeks I have 3 days to study to sit a 3 hour exam directly worth $80,000 and deciding the next 3 years of my life. NO PRESSURE! :unsure:

Back