The Foragers Drop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recommend adding something from Ekim brewing to the tap list, no affiliation just a recommendation

this is the opening tap list. (+ other ranges in bottle)

Coldstream Aplle Cider
Liberty Brewing Halo Pilsner - Garage Project Pils and Thrills
Colonial Kolsch - Sailors Grave Kolsch
La Saine Urban Pale - Bandicoot Rusty Pale Ale
Exit Amber - Epic Chromium Amber (only released NZ on the First)
Caltoria Belgian Pale - La Sarine Citra Saison
Stone Go To IPA - Priate Life Throwback
Feral War Hog - Garage Project Prenicious Weed
Bandicoot BIPA (Rye) - Kaiju Cthulhu
Priate Life Stout - Modus Operandi Porter

Drops mike...

Oh my gawd, what a list!

Sorry I won't be there for a little while, awesome job Jesse!

this is the opening tap list. (+ other ranges in bottle)

Coldstream Aplle Cider
Liberty Brewing Halo Pilsner - Garage Project Pils and Thrills
Colonial Kolsch - Sailors Grave Kolsch
La Saine Urban Pale - Bandicoot Rusty Pale Ale
Exit Amber - Epic Chromium Amber (only released NZ on the First)
Caltoria Belgian Pale - La Sarine Citra Saison
Stone Go To IPA - Priate Life Throwback
Feral War Hog - Garage Project Prenicious Weed
Bandicoot BIPA (Rye) - Kaiju Cthulhu
Priate Life Stout - Modus Operandi Porter

Drops mike...
What'd Mike do to you?

mmm nerd based Alphington Citra Saison...

Any AHBers heading down for opening day today? I'm looking good for a leave pass later on this evening.

Been there awesome night great venue great company oh and yeah Caltoria Belgium Pale Ale nice Epic Chromium nice awesome choice of beers thanks J .

All the best to Yob and all patrons finding themselves at The Forager's Drop.

Last edited:
Once again unto the breach! Hell of a night way too many good beers, and a good crowd to be drinking with. 1501973456404.jpg1501973482081.jpg
I think the bills were paid, but it's craft so not really about the money.
More about the money and the accompanying 7 previous RIS's(if you don't know, don't ask, if you do and haven't... you need to!)
Seriously lost for words, once in a life time evening.. beer nervarna!

Popped in for a quick one (or two)....

As its been said already - very impressive beer list. Really enjoyed the La Sirene Citra Saison - would be very easy to drink a lot of that one.

Great to see a few AHBers down then there. But even more impressive was that the crowd was largely not just Yobs mates and forum members - a great sign to see a good local turn out.

Atmosphere was great - the place was pumping.

Well done Jesse - you must be stoked.

Yeah I had a good night as well . What time did you turn Grumpy ?

Had a fantastic time last night. Great vibe and plenty of great beer. Brought five noncraft drinkers with me and they loved it. La Sirene Citra Saison was my favourite. Finished up on the Bandicoot RIS and honestly I have no memory after that one. That beer put the devil in me.

So far sounds like everyone had a great time and then went into a sombie state :overhead:
with the RIS. All good.

Astonishing night, thanks to all for out.

A pretty big day and I'm pleased to say that Foragers held up well and we had no real issues... Well.. Except for some stupid idea about swapping 9 kegs over mid flight.
What an awesome thing to do but a logistical bloody nightmare.

Huge props to folks for the support and love, wish I had more time to mingle but shit needed to get done.

Jesse

Had a fantastic time last night. Great vibe and plenty of great beer. Brought five noncraft drinkers with me and they loved it. La Sirene Citra Saison was my favourite. Finished up on the Bandicoot RIS and honestly I have no memory after that one. That beer put the devil in me.

The devil was well into you when you started that RIS.

After you passed us when you got it....I said to my son. " Yep, he's not far from getting messy"

Thanks for sharing the RIS on the way through by the way...deliciousness on a glass.

Gotta love home brewers by the way..who else passes their drink around for randoms to taste at a bar.

20170805_214259.jpg
Back home after a awesome weekend.
Massive Congratulation and admiration to Jesse and Sandy on creating some such an awesome venue. The place is amazing. So good to catch up with the AHB crew again and definitely a great night by all. Sorry I didn't get too many pics. Did get one of the pool table though which was a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Back