The Flying Horse Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we have approval from the ATO, if only everybody else could operate a quick & efficient as those wonderful poeple who work in the Public Service!
Still looks like a minimum of 2 weeks before we brew. 2 public holidays & an RDO in the next week!
Cheers
Gerard

Well we have approval from the ATO, if only everybody else could operate a quick & efficient as those wonderful poeple who work in the Public Service!
Still looks like a minimum of 2 weeks before we brew. 2 public holidays & an RDO in the next week!
Cheers
Gerard
Gerard,

Good to hear, if you want to see how the little DE filter operates before you start up then send me a PM as I will be filtering next Thursday and Friday.

Cheers, Andrew.

Cheers
Gerard
with all the down time you've had GM, i'd let the RDO slide and get amongst it...!!!!!

Cheers
Gerard

OK so 2 weeks later & it could well be another week at least before we brew. I was asked by the owner today if I could see the light at the end of the tunnel? But as we have power issues it looks like that light would be on an extension lead. Should have beer at the Taphouse in Melb for 22nd of June.
Cheers
Gerard

OK so 2 weeks later & it could well be another week at least before we brew.

OK so today marks 3 months since the brewery turned up on the back of a truck. To mark this occasion I celebrated by switching power on in the brewhouse for the first time & caustic cleaning the bright tanks! There is only one power point live in the brewery, :huh: & with a heap of electrical work, & some other stuff to be finished, we will not get a water brew done before next monday! Pretty frustrating, but getting closer.

Cheers
Gerard

There is only one power point live in the brewery, :huh:

[Joke] Is it 10 amp? Thats well enough to power a whole brewery, just file down the earth pin ! :lol: [/Joke]

Gerard,
Good to hear things are finally moving along!
So I wont be getting a beer in the next four weeks? Have to be in 6 months when I return from holidays!
Tell them sparkies to pull their finger out!.
Good luck with the first brew mate, cant wait to check it out!

Jonathon

[Joke] Is it 10 amp? Thats well enough to power a whole brewery, just file down the earth pin ! :lol: [/Joke]

Gerard,
Good to hear things are finally moving along!
So I wont be getting a beer in the next four weeks? Have to be in 6 months when I return from holidays!
Tell them sparkies to pull their finger out!.
Good luck with the first brew mate, cant wait to check it out!

Jonathon

Jonathon
We should be ready in about mid-late June. The construction company went belly up yesterday arvo. The Site has been taken over this morning & all the sub-contractors are getting sorted out & things should move a little quicker as we finish off.
Cheers
Gerard

Jonathon
We should be ready in about mid-late June. The construction company went belly up yesterday arvo. The Site has been taken over this morning & all the sub-contractors are getting sorted out & things should move a little quicker as we finish off.
Cheers
Gerard
Oh man that sucks. I was annoyed when the same thing happened to me, and that was just a verandah, not a flashy new fun brewery!!

Here's hoping it moves nice and quick now...

Jonathon
Cheers
Gerard

Really? That will throw a spanner in the works.. I think you should update your sign out the front , "Brewery opening really soon" I drive past it quite often wondering when it will change..

Really? That will throw a spanner in the works.. I think you should update your sign out the front , "Brewery opening really soon" I drive past it quite often wondering when it will change..

I remember back when the sign read "Opening November". It must be a real PITA to have all that shiny equipment sitting idle.

I'm looking forward to finally trying the brews. Has there been any talk of a 'Grand Opening' bash?

gerard, another brewery on my hit list,may be heading your way early(ish) next year on a road trip,....cheers..........spog..

Gerard,

Have you decided which are the fermenters and which are the bright beer tanks yet? :unsure: :p

Hope you get it sorted out soon, I'll be sure to come down for a look when she's fired up.

Cheers, Andrew.

Andrew
We ran a hot caustic brew from the kettle to the whirlpool yesterday. 600 litres only just fits in the kettle & spills out of the whirlpool!
Interesting situation when you consider it is a 6hl system. A few other issues will be sorted before we brew this Thurs, Fri & maybe even Saturday.
Should be open the last weekend in June.
Cheers
Gerard

Pic of Gerard and the 'Flying horse'

pumpy ;)

steptoeandson_4_396x222.jpg

Pic of Gerard and the 'Flying horse'

pumpy ;)

Gerard's the guy in the background I take it??? :p :lol:

Nah, seriously Gerard, good to hear its all about to happen mate! I'll be visiting for sure once the beer is on tap! Good luck with the first few brews. (tell me more about the kettle and whirlpool capacity though! Surely that means you can only really brew at absolute max 500L at a time??? Those brewery consultants need a swift kick up the arse I reckon!)

Andrew
We ran a hot caustic brew from the kettle to the whirlpool yesterday. 600 litres only just fits in the kettle & spills out of the whirlpool!
Interesting situation when you consider it is a 6hl system. A few other issues will be sorted before we brew this Thurs, Fri & maybe even Saturday.
Should be open the last weekend in June.
Cheers
Gerard
Gerard,

The fun continues!!! Looks like Steptoe and Son Contractors (good pic Pumpy :lol: ) buggered up the scaling down of the tanks, and never bothered to do a calculation. Might have to do a concentrated boil and add some pre-boiled and chilled water to the fermenters to get it up to 6hl.

I'm cranking up the old Bintara mash tun for the first time tomorrow to do an organic barley brew so that should be fun, no idea of how it's going to perform so should keep me on my toes. Glad I've got a 60hl kettle/whirlpool to do 36hl batches in.

I'll be down your way soon so looking forward to seeing it running.

Cheers, Andrew.

Well it finally happened.....we brewed. Nothing to brag about really, just a basic pale that will end up a light beer if it is worth kegging. There were a few plant issues which I raised earlier on. We proceeded & had a sh!t of a day. I have decided not to brew again until these issues are fixed. We should have at least 3 beers done by the end of this week. If you are down this way early next month drop in for a sample.(oh & bring a jumper it is pretty cold)
cheers
Gerard

congratulations on the maiden brew, i suppose any system has a few bugs to sort out, hope you get it sorted.

cheers
Yardy

Well done Gerard

Good to see your'e finally earning your keep mate :lol:

Franko

You'd gone all quiet Gerard, so I thought you were well and truely in the thick of brewing up a storm.
Good to here the virgin brew is out of the way, and a plan is in place for some changes so you can get that system cranking.

Toasting the new brewery now, so here's to full production ahead :beerbang:

Doc

Good stuff Gerard!!

Can't wait only 3 weeks till holi's then I'll be packing up the family and sliding down the highway to kick in the door and see what you're turning out. :beer:

So when does the bottling start for take awys :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back