The Flying Horse Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard_M

Reaction score
Stuff it! The holiday is over & now I have to go to work tomorrow! Looks like we have another week before the brewery arrives, & the site looks a little underdone as I drove past this arvo. Still plenty of work to get sorted by then. No idea when we will be opening, but looks like about 4 beers to kick-off with. Keep an eye out for the "Dark Horse" & a Pilsner (no surprise there)!

The golf clubs were not even touched during the past 6 week break(or the 5 years before that!). Dropped past Port Fairy G.C. this arvo & it looks in awesome shape! For now it looks like I will have to settle for caravan park putt-putt with my 3 year old daughter!

Cheers
Gerard

Can't wait to hear about the fluid flowing.

Best of luck gerard.

Great to here things are moving along there Gerard. I'm generally out that way once or twice a week and have been keeping a very keen eye on the building progress. It looked as though things had stalled there for a while.

Any elaboration on the 4 beers? I figure the pilsner is self explanitory. Dark Horse is a porter/stout maybe? I remember reading somewhere about 'Southern Right Pale'? That leaves one more.

Gerard and the Flying Horse Brewery got a good write up in the local rag today. See here.

I was planning on giving this show a wide berth, but I may have to nick in for a couple of samplers.

Cheers

Bagnol

I was planning on giving this show a wide berth, but I may have to nick in for a couple of samplers.
Cheers
Bagnol

Bag
We will be there from around midday with about 60 litres, 2 different versions of whale ale & The Dirty Angel, make sure you say G'day.
The beer in the glass in that pic is actually an APA that Duff sent me last week. It was the only beer that I could grab at short notice. Pretty good drop , but a bit much at 9.30am! The reporter sculled it after the pics were done.
Cheers
Gerard

Sort of looks like he's gone a bit gray.....

Not sure how, since he's playing golf this afternoon then going to the pub <_<

Sort of looks like he's gone a bit gray.....

Not sure how, since he's playing golf this afternoon then going to the pub <_<

Yeah I am playing golf tomorrow arvo as well!
Cheers
Gerard

Nice mug shot Gerard :p

Doc
:lol: cracker.. "emergency exits are at the front, rear and wings of the plane.. an oxygen mask will fall............"

nice one Mearesy..!

You will have to let us know if any of your beer makes into Melbourne, I'll buy some :)

Stuff it! The holiday is over & now I have to go to work tomorrow! Looks like we have another week before the brewery arrives, & the site looks a little underdone as I drove past this arvo. Still plenty of work to get sorted by then. No idea when we will be opening, but looks like about 4 beers to kick-off with. Keep an eye out for the "Dark Horse" & a Pilsner (no surprise there)!

The golf clubs were not even touched during the past 6 week break(or the 5 years before that!). Dropped past Port Fairy G.C. this arvo & it looks in awesome shape! For now it looks like I will have to settle for caravan park putt-putt with my 3 year old daughter!

Cheers
Gerard

OK so here we are almost 8 weeks later & there seems to be SFA that has changed. Most of the plant is in & ready, a few things, such as electricity still need to be connected. Time has not been wasted, I have been playing golf, hitting plenty of practice balls, and plenty of test brewing.
I have attached a few pics of the gear as it arrived. Tomorrow will be interesting as the site has been closed for almost 2 weeks & the mob that are doing the installation haven't been sighted in ages.
Cheers
Gerard

February_08_102.jpg

OK so here we are almost 8 weeks later & there seems to be SFA that has changed. Most of the plant is in & ready, a few things, such as electricity still need to be connected. Time has not been wasted, I have been playing golf, hitting plenty of practice balls, and plenty of test brewing.
I have attached a few pics of the gear as it arrived. Tomorrow will be interesting as the site has been closed for almost 2 weeks & the mob that are doing the installation haven't been sighted in ages.
Cheers
Gerard

Nice Safety Jacket :p
Watching the mailbox for the test brew samples :beer:

Doc

Yep it is a good jacket Doc, you know your fashions! It goes with the boots & hard-hat beautifully!
Cheers
Gerard

February_08_089.jpg

Yep it is a good jacket Doc, you know your fashions! It goes with the boots & hard-hat beautifully!

Wow you are opening a flash joint. Carpet underneath the fermenters. Nice :p

Doc

Just one more. Lots of shiny stuff but no-idea as to whether it is any good yet. I kind of feel like a kid that got a remote control car for Christmas but Santa forgot the batteries. It is a very long wait for the shops to open on Boxing day!
Cheers
Gerard

February_08_090.jpg

Just one more. Lots of shiny stuff but no-idea as to whether it is any good yet. I kind of feel like a kid that got a remote control car for Christmas but Santa forgot the batteries. It is a very long wait for the shops to open on Boxing day!

I'm in Vic for the start of this week.
Can make it to the new brewery for a trial brew on Tues night (I'll bring the batteries) :beer:

Doc

Cheers
Gerard

All you need now is a Sailor, a Policeman & an Indian & you have the rest of the band!

James

All you need now is a Sailor, a Policeman & an Indian & you have the rest of the band!

James

Hey James, its a shame you're not down in Warrnambool at the moment, you could start a double act! :lol: :ph34r:

GM, all looks swanky as mate! Reckon they'd miss one of those conicals if I brought the ute down for a visit???

nice work gerard,

sorry I didnt make it down that way on the weekend ended up in Moree

Franko

Latest posts

Back