The Brewhouse - Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

als_world

Reaction score
I picked up some info this morning on a "Beer Lovers Lunch" that the Brewhouse in Brisbane (old Auroras) are organising for next Sunday (19/3) afternoon. The cost is $55 and includes a 5 course degustation menu with 7 matched beers - their own plus some other aussies (Little Creatures, Red Oak, Coopers), and a couple of imports. The presenter is Ian Watson. The menu is cheese platter, oysters, duck pate, braised pork red curry and smoked salmon.

I went there for work a few Fridays back and it's definately heaps better than when it was Auroras, with about 7 or 8 of their own brews on tap now.

I rang this arvo and they still have spaces available for the lunch but advised that for a group it would need to be booked ASAP as they are promoting it next week.

So if anyone's interested, let me know. I'd like to firm up the booking by Monday lunchtime at the very latest - short notice I know.

No affiliation etc etc - just thought it might be a good get together for the Brissie AHB'ers.

Cheers,

Alan.

Man I'll like to go to that!

Tucker sounds more exciting than the beers :blink:

I'll see what I can do,you organizing something als?

Batz

Alan, I am interested but just have to check if I will be around that arvo. Put me down for a maybe and I will confirm it by Sunday arvo :)

Jye

ok, there seems to be a bit of interest so far, so here's the menu (sorry, don't have a scanner at home so you'll all have to suffer my typing):

Assorted cheese platter - Coopers Sparkling Ale & Weiheistephaner Pilsener
Trio of pacific oysters - Moonlight porter and Midnight Oatmeal Stout
Duck Pate with caramelised orange and cranberry jelly - Leffe Blonde
Braised pork red curry with tumeric rice - Roger's Beer
Smoked Salmon with creme fraiche atop mini toast - Redoak wee heavy Ale

I'm happy to make a booking for the group. I'm not sure what the deal is with payment but if I can firm up numbers I'm happy to put a deposit or whatever on my CC then people can pay me back. I trust all AHB'ers ;-)

If they take payment on the day, then we'll just work it that way.

Cheers,

Alan.

I'm interested too if we get a few definates...

cheers Ross

yep, I'd like to go if there are a few AHB boys going to attend.

keep me posted Al

IM IN :beerbang:

Sounds like it will be a great arvo :beer:

righto lads, I'd like to start firming up the numbers. So far I have:

Definates:
als_world
mobrien
Jye
Ross

Maybe's:
Browndog
Batz

If the maybe's can let me know by about noon tomorrow so I can arrange the booking. There may be spots left later in the week, but I don't want to risk missing out, so I'll book spots for whoever is confirmed by tomorrow early afternoon. I'll see what I can do for anyone who confirms after that but no guarantees.

The more the merrier, so if you can get any other Brissie people to come along, go for it.

FYI, the start time is 12 noon Sunday 19th, finish is 4pm. Location is the Brewhouse, 142 Albert St, Brisbane. Cost is $55.

ok, latest update is:

Definates:
als_world
mobrien
Jye
Ross

Maybe's:
Batz

Yep, I've booked for 5. Confirmed are:

- Me
- JGriffin
- Ross
- Jye
(Yes, I realise that's only 4)

TBA's are:
- Batz

So I've got 1 spare spot, pencilled in for Batz but if he can't make it we'll figure something out. I may be able to add a couple more if anyone else is interested.

I found out about the payment - needs to be done up front, so I'm going over there tomorrow arvo prolly about 4pm to fix them up. They'll hold the booking until then and I can change back to 4 people if required.

So, as I previously mentioned, I'm happy to pay tomorrow and have everyone pay me back either on the day or before. Having said that, can I just ask that everyone listed as confirmed above is 100% definate, as I don't want to be there staring at $55 empty seats that I've paid for...

Cheers,

Alan.

als_world said:
Yep, I've booked for 5. Confirmed are:

- Me
- JGriffin
- Ross
- Jye
(Yes, I realise that's only 4)

TBA's are:
- Batz
Having said that, can I just ask that everyone listed as confirmed above is 100% definate, as I don't want to be there staring at $55 empty seats that I've paid for...

Cheers,

Alan.
[post="114175"][/post]​

100%...

cheers Ross

Sorry fellow brewers,count me out of this one.

Batz

110% :beer:

What time does it start? Al I will fix you up on the day if thats ok.

Righto lads, have confirmed and paid for 4 spots - me, JGriffin, Jye, Ross.

Jye, start time is 12 noon next Sunday, goes until 4pm.

If anyone else thinks they might like to come along later this week, let me know and I'll see of they've got spots free.

Another definate - Noel (Metters) from WA wants to come - please confirm this is ok asap...

cheers Ross

Latest posts

Back