Beer Luncheon (brisbane) Sunday 1st July.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Hi beer lovers - Got this email from Matt today

I can finally confirm that Dave is going to be in town next weekend (1 July) for a Brewers Table lunch. I am still finalising the menu with Fuse (Fuse Bistro, 83 Kedron Brook Road, Wilston Qld 4051) but the beers are confirmed - in addition to the Blackberry, Hefe and Belgian Chocolate that you would have tried, Dave will also be presenting his Gold Medal winning Kolsh and IPA, normally not available outside of the Cafe.

As the menu isn't confirmed I can be absolutely certain about the price, but it is likely to be $90 for 4 courses and the five beers, which I think is still pretty good value for what it is.

These lunches hosted by Ian Watson (new head brewer at the Sunshine Coast Brewery) are a great afternoon...
Get in quick if you are interested - I'll certainly be going, so please add your name if you'd like to come.
Spouses more than welcome :party:

Cheers Ross

Hi beer lovers - Got this email from Matt today

I can finally confirm that Dave is going to be in town next weekend (1 July) for a Brewers Table lunch. I am still finalising the menu with Fuse (Fuse Bistro, 83 Kedron Brook Road, Wilston Qld 4051) but the beers are confirmed - in addition to the Blackberry, Hefe and Belgian Chocolate that you would have tried, Dave will also be presenting his Gold Medal winning Kolsh and IPA, normally not available outside of the Cafe.

As the menu isn't confirmed I can be absolutely certain about the price, but it is likely to be $90 for 4 courses and the five beers, which I think is still pretty good value for what it is.

These lunches hosted by Ian Watson (new head brewer at the Sunshine Coast Brewery) are a great afternoon...
Get in quick if you are interested - I'll certainly be going, so please add your name if you'd like to come.
Spouses more than welcome :party:

Cheers Ross

Well trust me to be moving away a mere 3 days before this..... :angry:

Nick

Maaaaaaan! I promised myself to come along to the next SE Qld beer function and wouldn't you know it - I'm on holidays with the wife and kids that week!!!!! :angry:

No happy Jan...

These luncheons are great, hope we can get a few interested from here for this one...

Below is the final official blurb....

Hello Beer Lovers,

We are excited to announce that the next Good Beer Lunch (Sunday, 1 July) will be a Brewers Table featuring Dave Hollyoak presenting five of his Redoak Brewery's award-winning beers.

Redoak is currently Australia's most prolific and exciting brewery, and was once again Australia's most awarded brewery at this year's Australian International Beer Awards, winning 46 medals including a Best in Class for their Old Baltic Porter.

Brewer Dave Hollyoak, a passionate and engaging speaker, will present the five beers matched to a four course meal and discuss a wide range of topics on beer and brewing, Redoak and the contemporary brewing scene. This lunch is a must for beer lovers and home brewers.

The beers:

Blackberry Wheat
Kolsch (Gold Medal - AIBA 2007)
Organic Hefeweizen
India Pale Ale (Gold Medal - AIBA 2007)
Chocolate Stout

Details

Cost: $88 pp
Date: Sunday, 1 July
Time: 1.00pm - 4.00pm
Where: Fuse Bistro, 83 Kedron Brook Road Wilston.

Remember, bookings are essential and places will go quickly.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,

Matt Kirkegaard

Daves IPA really is a good lesson in brewing a Traditional IPA, great hop profile kept nicely in check by the malt. Really looking forward to the Kolsch!!!

I really enjoyed the one luncheon I attended with my wife.
Only problem is they have each been a little more expensive ever since,this latest one $88.00.
Now while some may say this is good value,$88.00 for 5 beers and a luncheon is out of reach for me,at this rate the next one will be over $100.
I am sure those cashed up enough to attend will enjoy the day immensely all the same.

Have a good one

Batz

Just in case you are still undecided, here's the menu for the luncheon.
The food at the Fuse is excellent as past guests will no doubt concur.

On arrrival - Blackberry Wheat
Course 1 - Demitasse of Seafood Chowder with Seared Hervey Bay Scallop and Coriander Oil --m/w-- Organic Hefeweizen
Course 2 - Blue Swimmer Crab & Preserved Lemon Risotto with Parmesan Crisps --m/w-- Kolsch
Course 3 - Confit Duck Leg with Jasmine Rice, Kipfler Potato and Red Thai Curry Sauce --m/w-- India Pale Ale
Dessert - Dark Chocolate Tart with Warm Dark Chocolate and Marshmallow Sauce, White Chocolate Ice Cream --m/w-- Chocolate Stout

The details, again:

Cost: $88 pp
Date: Sunday, 1 July
Time: 1.00pm - 4.00pm
Where: Fuse Bistro, 83 Kedron Brook Road Wilston.

No affiliation...etc...etc... Just love good food & beer.

Sorry Ross, I'll have to miss this one - bills to pay and work to be done :(

Back