The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reckless said:
I think i want one of these, Could someone point me in the right direction. I just want a clear description of what the unit can and cant do and how to operate it. I am familiar with Arduino but im crap at code. Ive been trolling through the forum for hrs.
Cheers
Hi reckless,

The unit is a controller that comes with a temp probe and power outlets and inlets. The temp measures the kettle, and the power out is hooked up to heating elements to get precise control of the kettle. Another power out controls a pump. The kit is usually used to control a single vessel recirculating system similar to a braumeister or grainfather. The kit comes with everything you need to build it, except for wiring for the sockets etc. PCB is pre-fabbed, no soldering required.
The kit is in per-production at the moment - just sorting out the last suppliers.

If you do a search for brauduino online you will see a few videos - let me know if things aren't clear.

Cheers,

Lael

Thanks everyone for the support! The kit is coming along nicely. The temp probes arrived and they look great! I'm just sorting out some minor changes to the stainless steel bulkhead. The PCBs prototypes were delayed a few days, and they will take ten days or so to arrive, then i'll test them.

Here's one of the new temp probe samples I received:

new_temp_probe.jpg

Production version will be with a black cable to match the black mic socket.

Hi Lael

So im presumming you can set an infinate number of temperature steps with durations? and can program the pump when to come on and off? or is the pump only manual control?

Cant seem to find a decent vid on how to program/set the brauduino, perhaps one of the other forum members could make one, I think Lael is a bit busy.

Cheers

Good to see my suggestions of the wort chilling added to the latest update of Ardbir.

Thanks Max, great to have someone in the community who is actively looking and developing to suit what us brewers are looking for.

Appreciate all your efforts.

Now i just need to automate adding my strike water.... Sick of measure it out :p

Ill have the last spot on the list if its still open Lael. Ive PM'd you. Cheers

Neo__04 said:
Good to see my suggestions of the wort chilling added to the latest update of Ardbir.

Thanks Max, great to have someone in the community who is actively looking and developing to suit what us brewers are looking for.

Appreciate all your efforts.

Now i just need to automate adding my strike water.... Sick of measure it out :p
Arduino based flow controller? - http://www.forum.craftbrewing.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=957

On a standard arduino there wouldn't be the code space however with the mega (supplied with the kit) plenty of code space and certainly enough spare pins for both flow metre and motorised valve.

nice link mojonojo.

I have done some experimenting in the past with a setup, but it was fairly buggy. I'll have a read through that and see what i can setup

Stewart,
Last time I spoke with Lael he still had a couple, folks who haven't responded in months, so best advice is to contact Lael by PM. Note he's a busy boy so be patient he will get back to you.
This advice goes for anyone else interested in getting one.

MB

Tonypepperoni said:
Ok, so now the fun begins..... Got my kit together powered it up and get the initiation screen flashes "the brauduino
Temp 0.00", then it goes blank and does nothing. The display stay illuminated but it's blank and the buttons do nothing. I tried an earlier code and it did the same thing except the screen says "manual" and still doesn't respond.
Any ideas?
what was the problem here i have the same problem?

Hi I'm in the UK and this is my first post here. Are these still available and how much for shipping to uk? Watched the YouTube vis and looks like just what I'm after.

I can get most of the parts here in the UK so just the pcb would do. Be cheaper to post than a whole kit.

Diggerg said:
I can get most of the parts here in the UK so just the pcb would do. Be cheaper to post than a whole kit.
Having been down this route in the UK before its easier and about the same cost to get the kit from Lael, it will look a lot better screen alignment, and the bits just go together (ie wiring etc)

if you are worried about postage there are a couple of brits in on this - have a chat with barneey as he is handling the postal side of things.

mojonojo said:
Having been down this route in the UK before its easier and about the same cost to get the kit from Lael, it will look a lot better screen alignment, and the bits just go together (ie wiring etc)

if you are worried about postage there are a couple of brits in on this - have a chat with barneey as he is handling the postal side of things.[/size]
Thanks mojonojo. Are you running One of These? How do you find it ? What pump Are You running ?

lynchman said:
what was the problem here i have the same problem?
You have a short in your soldering, best to take some quality pics of both sides of the board, and post in the 'Matho's controller' thread, also sounds like the trim pot may need adjusting.

Diggerg said:
Thanks mojonojo. Are you running One of These? How do you find it ? What pump Are You running ?

im running one of matho's original board, and waiting for the new one - i on my second Little Brown Pump, but will probably look to integrate a different pump when i rebuild the rig ready for the new setup.

I love it.

Latest posts

Back