The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome guys! It's nice to have it all up and working. I brewed on mine last Sunday (using the same kits I am sending out in my control box) and it went solidly. It is an awesome set up. After brewing on it, I am totally loving it. It really is exactly the same (apart from plumbing etc choices) as brewing on a braumeister. So easy and hands off. I would love to send a 'thank you' to matho for making it all possible. If you would like to contribute, I was thinking $5 per controller - voluntary, and I'm not going to be posting a list or anything, but if you want to pitch in, just send $5 to my account and I'll send it onto him.

I'll post a video of mine in operation so you can see what / how I made it.

After trawling enough threads and linked threads and linked PDFs and whatnot (what is it with homebrewers that everything is contextless? My brew club is even worse) I think I'm at the point where I finally know what you guys are on about and I want to get on board.

Lael, you selling any more kits?

What exactly is in a kit? Is it PCB, LCD, case, PID?

The price seem to fluctuate, too. $30? $45? What am I up for and what do I get?

Hi kahlerisms,

I am getting more parts in at the moment. It will problably be two weeks or so. Price has changed a little (from $40 to $45) so I can send $5 from each kit to Steve as a thankyou for making it possible. It's a pretty amazing invention, and once yours is going I think you'll feel the $5 is a worthy thank you gift (this is entirely my initiative by the way, not solicited from Steve, and as far as I know he doesn't know about it yet). With the recent changes to the parcel pricing the price may need to go up to $50.- (parcel post is now $8 each). I'll know in a few days.

Included in the kit is the PCB, all the parts you need to build the PCB, and the nylon standoffs and screws (finicky pieces that cost about $10 if you buy them from Jaycar, but is easy enough for me to buy in bulk and send to you), the LCD. If you look at the PCB constructions instruction PDF posted earlier you can see what you are getting and building (the only difference is that the parts for the 'snubber' circuit that stops the LCD getting garbled if you are using a 240v pump are also included).

Let me know if there is anything I can help with

Lael the kit turned up today...

Thanks again for all the effort!! Time to get my solder on :super:

Cheers

My kit turned up today too! Thanks Lael...now to blow the dust of my old soldering/electronics skills :D

Fun times ahead!

Is there a doc explaining how to configure the brewday settings (eg, step-mashes, pump times, buzzer times) ?

Thanks again!
Jon

Lael - thanks for all your hard work mine arrived earlier this week

Just an update:
All kits in the first batch apart from rafinus' are now posted. Let me know when you get them, please.

2nd batch: - just waiting on the LCDs to arrive and then I can start sending them out. Kits are $50 each including $5 to matho. I managed to source some ribbon cable so that will be included in these kits too!
I will be able to do 12 kits before I will need to order more parts. 5/12 are already spoken for, so get in quick! Send me a PM and I'll send you bank details for payment.

1. zburns - 1 - paid
2. blackbeer&rum - 2 - paid
3. jimmyfozzers - 1 - payment clearing

lael said:
Just an update:
All kits in the first batch apart from rafinus' are now posted. Let me know when you get them, please.

2nd batch: - just waiting on the LCDs to arrive and then I can start sending them out. Kits are $50 each including $5 to matho. I managed to source some ribbon cable so that will be included in these kits too!
I will be able to do 12 kits before I will need to order more parts. 6/12 are already spoken for, so get in quick! Send me a PM and I'll send you bank details for payment.

1. zburns - 1 - paid
3. jimmyfozzers - 1 - paid
4. roguenorman - 1

If you are looking to build your controller and want some pics to help you along, I'm posting a guide here. This does not replace Matho's guide, but is in addition to it. Read both of them before you start soldering. Please ask if you have any questions!

View attachment The Kit Build_b.docx

lael said:
Just an update:
All kits in the first batch apart from rafinus' are now posted. I believe there are a couple that are still making their way (2-3) to you.

I will be able to do 12 kits before I will need to order more parts. 8/12 are already spoken for, so get in quick! Send me a PM and I'll send you bank details for payment.

1. zburns - 1 - paid
4. roguenorman - 1
5. kpaxy444 - 2

lael said:
Just an update:
All kits in the first batch apart from rafinus' are now posted. I believe there are a couple that are still making their way (2-3) to you.

I've got 3 left before I need to order more parts, so get in quick! Send me a PM and I'll send you bank details for payment.

1. zburns - 1 - paid - posted and received
2. blackbeer&rum - 2 - paid - posted and received
4. roguenorman - 1 - paid - posted
5. kpaxy444 - 2 - paid
6. hillbrewer - 1 - paid
7. El Borracho - 1 - payment clearing

Just an update:

All kits in the first batch have been posted, and I believe all received.

2nd batch: I think all are spoken for - just getting confirmation from one more person. If you want a kit, PM me and I will put you on a reserve list. Once we get to 5 kits I'll order the rest of the parts needed.

1. zburns - 1 - paid - posted and received
2. blackbeer&rum - 2 - paid - posted and received
3. jimmyfozzers - 1 - paid - posted
4. roguenorman - 1 - paid - posted
5. kpaxy444 - 2 - paid - posted
6. hillbrewer - 1 - paid - posted
7. El Borracho - 1 - payment clearing

Latest posts

Back