The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet post stux - I just ordered this today! looking forward to getting it in the mail!

Hi All, updates below:

Lael - 2 - paid
rafinus - 1 - paid
Stux - 1 - paid
nickelass - 1 - in contact & sorted
mattieharding - 1 - paid
DavidP2190 -1 - not yet paid
judanero - 1 - paid
Kezza - 1 - paid
Ramps - 2 - paid
barrel21 -1 - paid
lachw - 1 - paid
heavy-d - 1 - paid
pat_00 - 1 - paid
Total: 15/15

Reserves:
zburns - 1

If you are interested - put your name down under reserves, If we get enough I might do another batch/stretch to 20.

lael said:
Hi All, updates below:

Lael - 2 - paid
rafinus - 1 - paid
Stux - 1 - paid
nickelass - 1 - paid - thankyou!
mattieharding - 1 - paid
judanero - 1 - paid
Kezza - 1 - paid
Ramps - 2 - paid
barrel21 -1 - paid
lachw - 1 - paid
heavy-d - 1 - paid
pat_00 - 1 - paid
Total: 15/15

Reserves:
zburns - 1

If you are interested - put your name down under reserves, If we get enough I might do another batch/stretch to 20.

I've ordered 20 pcbs and parts for them, so if you are interested put your name down and I'll send you account details to get in on this.

Hi All, updates below:

Lael - 2 - paid
rafinus - 1 - paid
Stux - 1 - paid
nickelass - 1 - paid
mattieharding - 1 - paid
judanero - 1 - paid
Kezza - 1 - paid
Ramps - 2 - paid
barrel21 -1 - paid
lachw - 1 - paid
heavy-d - 1 - paid
pat_00 - 1 - paid
zburns - 1 - paid
Total: 16/20

Update - order has been placed with seeedstudio and I received an email yesterday saying it has shipped. Once I receive them I'll construct one with parts to test and then ship them out to you all. Almost there!

cool
again thanks for the effort
I've been studying the original Matho's Braumiser thread
page 38 of 56 at the moment

lots of great ideas ... too many choices

still there's no hurry so one step at a time

Cheers
Ramps

I can send you my research from the thread if that helps? took ages to go through it all. Personally I think edak's build is a great place to start as a model (that is what I am using) to emulate. with matho's controller of course...

G'day lael, you can add me to the list if you ended up making the extra kits.

Has it all been paid up already?

lael said:
I can send you my research from the thread if that helps? took ages to go through it all. Personally I think edak's build is a great place to start as a model (that is what I am using) to emulate. with matho's controller of course...
That would be great
I'd be keen on some else's take/ filtering as there is a lot of "fluff" (or should that be froth) between the gems
Mine's looking to made out Copper for the outer container as I have an old copper storage tank from a hot water system (very close to the 50L pot in diameter) ... should at least look cool :)
Cheers
Ramps

Hi All, updates below:

Lael - 2 - paid
rafinus - 1 - paid
Stux - 1 - paid
nickelass - 1 - paid
mattieharding - 1 - paid
judanero - 1 - paid
Kezza - 1 - paid
Ramps - 2 - paid
barrel21 -1 - paid
lachw - 1 - paid
heavy-d - 1 - paid
pat_00 - 1 - paid
zburns - 2 - paid - thanks!
stevemc32 - 1 - paid - thanks!

Total: 18 /20

If anyone else wants in - just PM me with your mobile and I'll send details to pay.

Here are my notes for the braumiser / brauduino builds. Surprised how many pages it all came to. Its perhaps not the most organised it could be, but hopefully enough to make sense / help.

It is not necessarily a reflection of what I actually am doing / have bought (parts list) but more a list of options. plumbing parts I would get from Anzor if I was starting again from scratch. (all bsp is nice as that is what skin fittings are).

hmmm - c

View attachment AllGrainSystems_Options notes.pdf

View attachment Braumduino Thread notes.pdf

View attachment BraumiserMeasurementsSpecs.pdf

This is prob the most helpful part I found - images and notes of other's builds.

It actually isn't super complex. The hard part is sourcing all the parts and gettting the pot sizing right. I'll post a list of where I got everything once I am done with mine. Easiest for pots is a 40cm / 50L pot and BigW 20L pot malt pipe. Essentially if you go larger than this you will need a second heating element. 2400w is the max on a standard house power outlet.

The key to making it work is getting the volumes right - I posted a scenario tester (for testing pots vs gravities of beers) that I used to figure out what volume of pot vs gravity of beer I could make for that pot size.

Good Luck! - Hope this helps and makes it easier.

View attachment OthersBrauBuilds.pdf

lael said:
Hi All, updates below:

Lael - 2 - paid
rafinus - 1 - paid
Stux - 1 - paid
nickelass - 1 - paid
mattieharding - 1 - paid
judanero - 1 - paid
Kezza - 1 - paid
Ramps - 2 - paid
barrel21 -1 - paid
lachw - 1 - paid
heavy-d - 1 - paid
pat_00 - 1 - paid
zburns - 2 - paid
stevemc32 - 1 - paid
mfleck - 1 - paid - thanks!

Total: 19 /20

If anyone else wants in - just PM me with your mobile and I'll send details to pay.

lael said:
Hi All, updates below:

Lael - 2 - paid
rafinus - 1 - paid
Stux - 1 - paid
nickelass - 1 - paid
mattieharding - 1 - paid
judanero - 1 - paid
Kezza - 1 - paid
Ramps - 2 - paid
barrel21 -1 - paid
lachw - 1 - paid
heavy-d - 1 - paid
pat_00 - 1 - paid
zburns - 2 - paid
stevemc32 - 1 - paid
mfleck - 1 - paid - thanks!
djar007 - 1

Total: 20/20

If anyone else wants in - just PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Hi All,

An update to keep you all informed:
I got the boards on Thu last week. When I ordered all the parts, the parts for the new 'snubber' feature on the board were not on the parts list, and I didn't think about it - so I need to order some more resistors and a 100nF metallised Polypropylene Capacitor. I've sent a message to Steve to check if he designed the board for a specific capacitor. I might drop down to Jaycar today and see what they have.

The screws I ordered for the standoffs were a problem - because of the new snubber the relay is really very very close to the mounting holes, which means that the head on the screw I ordered actually touches a wire on the relay. I've ordered some new screws that will fix the problem, so hopefully they arrive quickly.

Then I need to build a board just to confirm everything works. I'm hoping to send all the kits out when I'm on holidays next week.
Sorry for the delays, it's been a finicky process (there are a ton of tiny little parts), and Chinese New Year in the middle was a major delay.

Cheers,

Lael

Thanks for the updates Lael
and thanks for all the good work
Much appreciated
Ramps

Damnit...saw this thread too late. Send me a PM if anyone drops out....I'm interested. :)

Cosmic Bertie said:
Damnit...saw this thread too late. Send me a PM if anyone drops out....I'm interested. :)
I haven't heard from DavidP in a long long time. I'll PM him and let you know if he doesn't get back to me soon.

Latest posts

Back