The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gap said:
Hello Lael,

Please put me down for one also.

Regards

Graeme
Sorry,I don't need one as I have just found out somebody has a controller put aside for me.

Regards

Graeme

ok
-Steve was kind enough to post the parts list for a single kit so I'm
thinking about doing an order of the PCB's and kits but need to get a
number of ppl to post interest. 10 ppl max

Assuming so far:

Lael - 3
rafinus - 1
Stux - 1
Westaussiebrewer - 1
nickelass - 1
flaminghedgehog - 1
gap -1
judanero - 1

Total: 10

ok - we are a go!

If anyone else wants one - post and I will find out what the batch sizes are for the PCB's.

At the moment I'm assuming that everyone wants:
PCB with all the parts + arduino Uno v3 + LCD Display. I'll get prices together and let you know what it would be. I bought a set of the parts for the PCB off RSComponents last night and I think it worked out about $25 per build. I'm not sure if I can get them cheaper somewhere else or not. I'll price arduinos and LCD's and nail down a total price. Any comment on preference of cost vs time (higher cost = faster, lower = slower)?

I'm in no great rush. I intend to put the parts away for a while

lael said:
if anyone else wants one - post and I will find out what the batch sizes are for the PCB's.

PCB with all the parts + arduino Uno v3 + LCD Display. I'll get prices together and let you know what it would be. I bought a set of the parts for the PCB off RSComponents last night and I think it worked out about $25 per build. I'm not sure if I can get them cheaper somewhere else or not. I'll price arduinos and LCD's and nail down a total price. Any comment on preference of cost vs time (higher cost = faster, lower = slower)?
I wouldn't mind getting in on this if it's possible.

lael said:
ok
-Steve was kind enough to post the parts list for a single kit so I'm
thinking about doing an order of the PCB's and kits but need to get a
number of ppl to post interest. 10 ppl max

Assuming so far:

Lael - 3
rafinus - 1
Stux - 1
Westaussiebrewer - 1
nickelass - 1
flaminghedgehog - 1
DavidP2190 -1
judanero - 1

Total: 10

ok - we are a go!

If anyone else wants one - post and I will find out what the batch sizes are for the PCB's.

David - you are in - took gap's spot :)

Lael, for me, no problem with the price and the time, what do you decide is the best...

Agree with everyone elses sentiments mate...no rush, just lettuce know when you want the cashish

Flaminghedgehog said:
No hurry here either lael. This will be a rainy day project for me anyway

rafinus said:
Lael, for me, no problem with the price and the time, what do you decide is the best...

Judanero said:
Agree with everyone elses sentiments mate...no rush, just lettuce know when you want the cashish
Same here.

breakbeer said:
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/59563-i-want-mathos-controler/

Just finished mine & brewed with it twice, best brewery related thing I've ever done!
...That's another thread that starts with no context and assumes the reader knows exactly what you're talking about.

I like gadgets! Why do I need to read 42 pages of thread to learn what you're talking about? :( This tradition of contextless threads is what makes AHB intimidating to newbies.

Edit: It'd be awfully nice that instead of two threads (42 pages combined) referring to a third thread, someone (Matho?) posted a single post about what he's selling, what it does and what's required. I reckon there'd be a lot more interest that way. I'm looking at building some Arduino/RaspPi stuff in the next couple of weeks. I get the impression I might be a potential customer of Matho's but while I have to invest hours piecing together little bits and pieces to figure out if it'd suit my brew rig or not, I'm not going to commit to anything.

kahlerisms said:
...That's another thread that starts with no context and assumes the reader knows exactly what you're talking about.

I like gadgets! Why do I need to read 42 pages of thread to learn what you're talking about? :( This tradition of contextless threads is what makes AHB intimidating to newbies.

Edit: It'd be awfully nice that instead of two threads (42 pages combined) referring to a third thread, someone (Matho?) posted a single post about what he's selling, what it does and what's required. I reckon there'd be a lot more interest that way. I'm looking at building some Arduino/RaspPi stuff in the next couple of weeks. I get the impression I might be a potential customer of Matho's but while I have to invest hours piecing together little bits and pieces to figure out if it'd suit my brew rig or not, I'm not going to commit to anything.
This all started when I started a thread about my braumiester inspired build, I created a control box for it using a PIC. Mastersbrewery started a thread asking me to make the controller for people, now I wasn't going to make up a whole lot of controllers for a number of reasons but I did develop an arduino based version of the controller based on a shield that I designed. I made up kits for all the people that posted interest in that thread and sold them one, I was only ever going to make up a limited amount of kits because it is very time consuming. I'm not selling any more kits but I did make all the files available to anyone wanting to make up more and so far there has been a number of them, if your interested then click on the links in my sig.
If you want to see other adruino stuff then look at bonj's thread called 'arduino development thread'

cheers steve

edit: this thread was started by kirem to sell his kit and bonjuino

mattieharding said:
Still possible to get in on this?
Mattie - I'll see what I can do - it depends on what PCB order #'s are limited by. At the moment - anyone who wants in - put down your name on the reserve list, and the more we get, the easier it will be. Steve's going to get a test run of his new pcb design done, and after I get the all clear from him that is when I will place the order to get them made. I've ordered some LCDs, and found a place in sydney on ebay that does arduinos for a good price. I'm not sure if I can get a better price on the other components for the shield. Advice is 'not likely'. So at this point ballpark is going to be around $65-70 for arduino uno, matho's shield + parts, and the LCD display. +Postage.

I could prob order the power supply and SSR relays that Steve suggested if people want them as well - and pack them in with the kit when i post it (this increase the total cost of course - but more convenient to get it all at once). Post and let me know what you think? Lead time looks like being 6-7weeks(maybe less, but with chinese new year that is my prediction) by the time I get clear from Steve on the new PCB and then get all the parts. I'm happy to start ordering arduinos and other parts now if ppl are happy to pay now and realise I won't ship the package until the pcb's are here. (ie - a certain amount of trust and patience will be required...) Otherwise we can wait till the pcb's arrive and then order the other parts, but that will increase the lead time even further...

Lael - 3
rafinus - 1
Stux - 1
Westaussiebrewer - 1
nickelass - 1
flaminghedgehog - 1
DavidP2190 -1
judanero - 1

reserve:
mattieharding - 1

Happy to pay upfront if required but yep definatley keen to get one.

Im in no hurry, most of my projects take atleast a year ( cant rush a good job)

Cheers guys

lael, mattieharding can have my spot as I have just taken the plunge and bought the parts to build a kegerator. Kinda blows my "toy allowance" for a while!

I am sure there will be another opportunity to buy a kit at some point in the future

lael said:
Mattie - I'll see what I can do - it depends on what PCB order #'s are limited by. At the moment - anyone who wants in - put down your name on the reserve list, and the more we get, the easier it will be. Steve's going to get a test run of his new pcb design done, and after I get the all clear from him that is when I will place the order to get them made. I've ordered some LCDs, and found a place in sydney on ebay that does arduinos for a good price. I'm not sure if I can get a better price on the other components for the shield. Advice is 'not likely'. So at this point ballpark is going to be around $65-70 for arduino uno, matho's shield + parts, and the LCD display. +Postage.

I could prob order the power supply and SSR relays that Steve suggested if people want them as well - and pack them in with the kit when i post it (this increase the total cost of course - but more convenient to get it all at once). Post and let me know what you think? Lead time looks like being 6-7weeks(maybe less, but with chinese new year that is my prediction) by the time I get clear from Steve on the new PCB and then get all the parts. I'm happy to start ordering arduinos and other parts now if ppl are happy to pay now and realise I won't ship the package until the pcb's are here. (ie - a certain amount of trust and patience will be required...) Otherwise we can wait till the pcb's arrive and then order the other parts, but that will increase the lead time even further...

Lael - 3
rafinus - 1
Stux - 1
Westaussiebrewer - 1
nickelass - 1
flaminghedgehog - 1
DavidP2190 -1
judanero - 1

reserve:
mattieharding - 1
Kezza - 1

phoneyhuh said:
Can anyone explain what the hell these are without linking to an obscure 39 page thread?
It is about a kit to build an electronic circuit that makes up the main part of a controller for a single vessel brewing system (think braumeister). If you click on the "the brauduino project" link in my sig it has the manuals that I put together to make a controller. The kit make up the brauduino which is a sheild that plugs into an arduino. If you click on the "braumiser" link in my sig it has the PDF's I put together about building a single vessel brewery.

cheers steve

Edit: the bonjuino is a kit that bonj put together to build an arduino.

Its the electronic brains of a braumeister clone.

so, PID controlled,with multistage mash/boil process, pump/element controller, and re-programmable (with C++)

And when you build it, you basically end up with this...

P1010370.jpg

... which you connect up to your BrauMeiser (BrauMeister clone), which could be virtually any capacity...

And then you make beer ;)

Which makes it actually very similar to this, but for 1V

Update:

I'm waiting on PCB units. I'll let you know when I hear anything more.

I'm going to reduce the items I am ordering to the shield + parts + LCD. Total cost: around $40-45.-

You will need to get the following items (suggested places to get them):
Arduino Uno: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170976811598?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 (took 2 days to arrive - can prob save $3 (+25days) from HK seller)
Temp Sensor: get it fast here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170966003191?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 or slow here: http://www.sureelectronics.net/goods.php?id=1276 (mine took around 30days to arrive - wait looks like shipping is 5.70 - maybe just get the aussie one?)

Power Supply for the Control box: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280881156800?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Switching Unit for the Heating element for Control Box: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280776557335?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Mattie - you've got flaminghedgehog's spot, Kezza - I'm only going to need 2 now so you are in. Any more interested - put your name down in reserve.

Lael - 2

rafinus - 1
Stux - 1
Westaussiebrewer - 1
nickelass - 1
mattieharding - 1
DavidP2190 -1
judanero - 1
Kezza - 1

reserve:

Can everyone PM me their mobile# and I will text you bank details to send money to. I'll start ordering the parts and update the list with who has paid once I receive your payment.

Cheers,

Lael

Latest posts

Back