The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi lael,

I'm using the same temp probe at the moment but it's wired up to a 3 pin microphone connection

Any idea if the female end (pictured below) will fit into the existing hole in the box?

I don't have the diameter of the female connection as I'm away from home, but if you could let me know the hole size I can check when I get back

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1419921939.417233.jpg

Cheers

breakbeer said:
Hi lael,

I'm using the same temp probe at the moment but it's wired up to a 3 pin microphone connection

Any idea if the female end (pictured below) will fit into the existing hole in the box?

I don't have the diameter of the female connection as I'm away from home, but if you could let me know the hole size I can check when I get back

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1419921939.417233.jpg

Cheers
It won't fit. The new hole is 8mm. However, the kit comes with a new temp probe, so I would just swap it out and use the old one for something else. If you want to use the same connection you can drill out the box, but I can't guarantee it will fit between the power connectors. I think it prob would be ok.

Hey marksy,

Truth is I don't know. The kit is almost exactly 1.5kg, and there will be around 100gr padding. My guess is that Aus post would prob let it slide, but I'd prefer not to push the boundaries and get it back :)

Any UK Brauduino orderers other than Barneey and Myself? trying to combine & reduce shipping/import costs.

mojonojo said:
Any UK Brauduino orderers other than Barneey and Myself? trying to combine & reduce shipping/import costs.
To cover the basic costs I have sent Leal the funds for a controller, to be most cost efficient myself and Mojonojo need one other UK member to split the postage cost.

Hi Lael

Please put me on the reserve list. Can't miss out on one of these!

Good work

James
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A quick update to the list - more people paying - Thank You! It is great to see everyone's enthusiasm and excitement for the project.

If you are not on the list and would like a kit, PM me and I'll try to make it work.
If you are on the list - please pay as soon as you can so we can get this order under way.
If you need to pull out of the buy, please PM me and let me know so I can open up the spot for others.

The final version of the box has arrived, and the PCB and custom temp probe are on their way. I'll post photos when I get them. Hopefully tomorrow, but more realistically Friday. Things are looking really very very nice. I'm sure everyone is going to be thrilled with the kit!

lael said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who has already paid! I appreciate your enthusiasm and support, without which this project would not be possible.

If you haven't seen this post: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/69155-the-brauduino-matho%E2%80%99s-controller-buy-thread/page-46#entry1251289 It has more details on pricing etc.

The costing came out to $245AUD per kit + $15 postage (AusPost express) once all the parts and exchange rates are accounted for.

If you are outside Aus, the kit is almost exactly 1.5kg, which means that the calculation needs to be for 1.5-2kg to allow for packaging (appx 150/200gr I think). If you are international, the price is $245+Intl postage+$5 for packaging materials. Go to: http://auspost.com.au/apps/postage-calculator.html and select Overseas (parcels) and check out weights. Generally better value can be had by combining weight - eg: 2 kits =3-3.5kg and usually makes shipping cost per kit half. I apologise in advance for the expense. I guess Aus is a long way away from everywhere.

I've put together a quick (actually, it is 30mins...) video showing what is included and how it all goes together so if you are trying to figure out what is included and how difficult / easy it is, give it a watch. It is so beautifully simple to put together. Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKQ31dLl28

If you are ready to pay - the information you need is here:
https://docs.google....?usp=send_form�

Based on the first survey I did, I'm looking at getting heating elements and stainless plates to make the build process easier. So there is a quick survey about that. The only question you have to complete is the one saying - Yes I will be responsible for the kit I build, not Lael (basically - you build it, you are responsible for it). Once you submit that, you'll get account details to put the money into, and I can start ordering parts! (I'll actually wait a little until we get enough people paid for this to go ahead). I'll add payment status to the above list once it starts coming in.

The List below is including information on payment, so please don't edit it at this point. If you want to join the buy, or have decided not to go ahead with it, just PM me.

A BIG Thank You! to Austin and the Admin crew for giving me supporter status to allow me to handle all the messages coming through. Super appreciated!
The list below indicates what I have received. If you have paid and it is not indicated on the list, wait a few days. I will try to update it regularly. The banks are a little extra slow at this time of year.

1. Lael (x2) - paid
2. natdene - paid
3. shaodw
4. gap
5. kingy - communicated
6. barneey - paid
7. ArnieW
8. The Judge - communicated
9. Mitch_76
10. tateg
11. LiquidCurrency - paid
12. rafinus - communicated
13. crazyhorse - paid
14. marksy (x 2) - paid
15. JB - paid
16. Neo__04
17. Masters Brewery - communicated
18. Cervantes -paid
19. Rogermellie
20. sipahono -paid
21. BobCharlie - paid
22. jubilakka
23. CoxR
24. Capnk - paid
25. breakbeer
28. micbrew
29. Screamadelica
30. pats
31. claypot - paid
32. redlegger
33. slyt
34. lynchman x 2 - paid
35. Bigbern - paid
36. real_beer
37. gus the bus
38. Shaunous - communicated
39. jonasbegood - communicated
40. havebeer
41. Tassiehopper - paid
42. GrumpyPaul - communicated
43. Misterwilson
44. jonnir
45. parktho
46. MrDave
47. Brutusb - paid
48. Luisdepaula2001
49. tommy160 - paid
50. bigmacthepunker - paid
51. nainsook - paid
52. BazzaB - paid
53. moffatl
54. glen
55. kiwisika - paid
56. sluggerdog - paid
57. smokomark
58. SBOB
59. Marc280 - paid
60. Dug
61. rhart00
62. Malty Cultural - paid
63. MitchD
64. camelbak28 - paid
65. 620rossco
66. Nick R - paid
67. Cavemanbrew - communicated
68. Seemore - paid
69. Eucyblues
70. Wort - communicated
71. Lluisdomene
72. Rambo - paid
73. Seamad
74. LarsjohanS - communicated
75. fortmonty
76. dropbear85 - communicated
77. Pugwash - paid
78. Catcher
79. Dean1639
80. Mardoo - paid - (clear unknown price unpaid)
81. BlueMutt
82. poggor
83. AndrewF - paid
84. BigwillyAus
85. dropbear85 - communicated
86. Fabrizio
87. Silverbrew
88. Drunk Az
89. freelander2002 (x2) - communicated
91. Guysmiley54
92. Crozdog
93. conjob - paid
94. Chris_O
95. Brendrage - paid
96. Guidos - paid
97. TheMechWarrior
98. CoW77 - communicated
99. MarketLane - paid
100. mojonojo (parts) - communicated

A quick update to the list - more people paying - Thank You! It is great to see everyone's enthusiasm and excitement for the project.

If you are not on the list and would like a kit, PM me and I'll try to make it work.
If you are on the list - please pay as soon as you can so we can get this order under way.
If you need to pull out of the buy, please PM me and let me know so I can open up the spot for others.

The final version of the box has arrived, and the PCB and custom temp probe are on their way. I'll post photos when I get them. - Haven't arrived - hopefully Monday. Things are looking very very nice. I'm sure everyone is going to be thrilled with the kit!

The list below indicates what I have received. Please don't edit this list as it contains payment information. If you have paid and it is not indicated on the list, wait a few days. I will try to update it regularly. We should be out of the holiday season, so payments should be coming through overnight from now on. Thanks Everyone!

1. Lael (x2) - paid

2. natdene - paid
3. Belter - paid
4. gap
5. kingy - communicated
6. barneey - paid
7. ArnieW
8. The Judge - communicated
9. Mitch_76
10. tateg
11. LiquidCurrency - paid
12. rafinus - communicated
13. crazyhorse - paid
14. marksy (x 2) - paid
15. JB - paid
16. Neo__04
17. Masters Brewery - paid
18. Cervantes -paid
19. Rogermellie
20. sipahono -paid
21. BobCharlie - paid
22. jubilakka
23. CoxR
24. Capnk - paid
25. breakbeer
28. micbrew
29. Screamadelica - paid
30. pats
31. claypot - paid
32. redlegger
33. slyt
34. lynchman x 2 - paid
35. Bigbern - paid
36. real_beer
37. gus the bus
38. Shaunous - communicated
39. jonasbegood - communicated
40. havebeer
41. Tassiehopper - paid
42. GrumpyPaul - communicated
43. Misterwilson
44. jonnir
45. parktho
46. MrDave
47. Brutusb - paid
48. Luisdepaula2001
49. tommy160 - paid
50. bigmacthepunker - paid
51. nainsook - paid
52. BazzaB - paid
53. moffatl
54. glen
55. kiwisika - paid
56. sluggerdog - paid
57. smokomark
58. SBOB
59. Marc280 - paid
60. Dug
61. rhart00
62. Malty Cultural - paid
63. MitchD
64. camelbak28 - paid
65. 620rossco - paid
66. Nick R - paid
67. Cavemanbrew - communicated
68. Seemore - paid
69. Eucyblues
70. Wort - communicated
71. Lluisdomene
72. Rambo - paid
73. Seamad
74. LarsjohanS - communicated
75. fortmonty
76. dropbear85 - paid
77. Pugwash - paid
78. Catcher
79. Dean1639
80. Mardoo - paid - (clear unknown price unpaid)
81. BlueMutt
82. poggor
83. AndrewF - paid
84. BigwillyAus
85. zappa - paid
86. Fabrizio
87. Silverbrew
88. Drunk Az
89. freelander2002 (x2) - communicated
91. Guysmiley54
92. Crozdog
93. conjob - paid
94. Chris_O
95. Brendrage - paid
96. Guidos - paid
97. TheMechWarrior
98. CoW77 - paid
99. MarketLane - paid
100. mojonojo (parts) - paid

Details about this kit if you want to know more:
Hi Everyone,

The costing came out to $245AUD per kit + $15 postage (AusPost express) once all the parts and exchange rates are accounted for.
If you haven't seen this post: http://aussiehomebre...46#entry1251289 It has more details on pricing etc.

If you are outside Aus, the kit is almost exactly 1.5kg, which means that the calculation needs to be for 1.5-2kg to allow for packaging (appx 150/200gr I think). If you are international, the price is $245+Intl postage+$5 for packaging materials. Go to: http://auspost.com.a...calculator.html and select Overseas (parcels) and check out weights. Generally better value can be had by combining weight - eg: 2 kits =3-3.5kg and usually makes shipping cost per kit half. I apologise in advance for the expense. I guess Aus is a long way away from everywhere.

I've put together a quick (actually, it is 30mins...) video showing what is included and how it all goes together so if you are trying to figure out what is included and how difficult / easy it is, give it a watch. It is so beautifully simple to put together. Take a look:

If you are ready to pay - the information you need is here:
https://docs.google....?usp=send_form�

Based on the first survey I did, I'm looking at getting heating elements and stainless plates to make the build process easier. So there is a quick survey about that. The only question you have to complete is the one saying - Yes I will be responsible for the kit I build, not Lael (basically - you build it, you are responsible for it). Once you submit that, you'll get account details to put the money into, and I can start ordering parts! (I'll actually wait a little until we get enough people paid for this to go ahead). I'll add payment status to the above list once it starts coming in.

A BIG Thank You! to Austin and the Admin crew for giving me supporter status to allow me to handle all the messages coming through. Super appreciated!

After finally getting a chance to watch the whole video my dreams of feeling like I'll build my own computer are dashed. However, I will get to tick that junior-Chinese-assembly-worker experience off the bucket list.

Wow, lael, that just looks so...easy! Well designed mate. :)

Latest posts

Back