The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dropbear85 said:
hey lael,

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but I just wanted to check that I can run 2x2400w element using this kit.
I think I remember something about it in the thread but buggered if I could find it now with all the pages and lists of names in it.

I remember in your video you said there was only one element out but there was also an auxiliary out, is that the one you use for a second element?
hey dropbear,

Not a problem at all. Yep - specifically designed to allow that configuration. 2xssr for 2xheating elements are included in the kit, and yes, the aux power in and out are for the 2nd ssr. As with all 240v questions, check whether you should and how to do this with your electrician when you get the box certified for use. I will post a video showing how I have done it on my setup, however, I am not an electrician and can not recommend you follow my set up. The video will be purely as an indication of how *I* have done it. Again - get your electrician to do it for you or certify any work you do.

Edit: It is worth noting there is only ONE heating output from the board, but it can run both SSRs should you wish / choose to do so. The kit can't for example, control a HLT AND a separate kettle / mashing recirc pot. There is one temp probe and one heating output control.

Now that I think about it, there is an error in the video, the blue should be power in and grey should be power out. Appropriate numbers will be in the kit. The colours don't make any difference on functionality of the sockets, but it is good to follow accepted standards on which is power in and out.

Electrician here :) If we are to be picky about wire colors for the 220 AC side, we should adhere to IEC standard that most industrial contrys follow. Blue= neutral and should run unswitched all the way unless you have a 2 pole breaker/switch. Black are live wire and are the wire to break when using one pole break like the ssr does. Yellow/green are ground/protective earth and must be connected to all metal parts not enclosed by box and also to all eqipment connected to controller unless double isolated eqipment. this means: pot, heating coil, pump motor regardless of voltage and should always be connected to protective earth in the building

lael said:
hey dropbear,

Not a problem at all. Yep - specifically designed to allow that configuration. 2xssr for 2xheating elements are included in the kit, and yes, the aux power in and out are for the 2nd ssr.
Sorry to be a pain but can we run 2 pumps off this systems as well ?

Brendandrage said:
Sorry to be a pain but can we run 2 pumps off this systems as well ?
No, there is only one relay to switch the pump with. If you really wanted to, I suppose you could get creative and run that to a double adapter. However, there is one power in for the first heating element and the pump and the controller, so you would prob max out the circuit and trip it. The relay for the pump is rated to 5A, which also is probably not enough for 2x 240v pumps.

Curious Brendan, what are you building with it?

Just building a 50 litre bm clone :)
They run the twin pumps but I think I'll split the outlet so it spreads across the malt tube. I have also been looking at the keg king pumps as well, it says that they draw only 1.6amps but I'm not sure about on start up.

Yeah, I use a kaixin/ kegking pump with my braumonster. With the malt pipe extension I'll do anything up to 20kgs at 33cmID. I have a single outlet under the bottom plate. Flow through and efficiency are good. I personally wouldn't bother with dual pumps.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who has already paid! I appreciate your enthusiasm and support, without which this project would not be possible.

If you haven't seen this post: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/69155-the-brauduino-matho%E2%80%99s-controller-buy-thread/page-46#entry1251289 It has more details on pricing etc.

The costing came out to $245AUD per kit + $15 postage (AusPost express) once all the parts and exchange rates are accounted for.

If you are outside Aus, the kit is almost exactly 1.5kg, which means that the calculation needs to be for 1.5-2kg to allow for packaging (appx 150/200gr I think). If you are international, the price is $245+Intl postage+$5 for packaging materials. Go to: http://auspost.com.au/apps/postage-calculator.html and select Overseas (parcels) and check out weights. Generally better value can be had by combining weight - eg: 2 kits =3-3.5kg and usually makes shipping cost per kit half. I apologise in advance for the expense. I guess Aus is a long way away from everywhere.

I've put together a quick (actually, it is 30mins...) video showing what is included and how it all goes together so if you are trying to figure out what is included and how difficult / easy it is, give it a watch. It is so beautifully simple to put together. Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKQ31dLl28

If you are ready to pay - the information you need is here:
https://docs.google....?usp=send_form�

Based on the first survey I did, I'm looking at getting heating elements and stainless plates to make the build process easier. So there is a quick survey about that. The only question you have to complete is the one saying - Yes I will be responsible for the kit I build, not Lael (basically - you build it, you are responsible for it). Once you submit that, you'll get account details to put the money into, and I can start ordering parts! (I'll actually wait a little until we get enough people paid for this to go ahead). I'll add payment status to the above list once it starts coming in.

The List below is including information on payment, so please don't edit it at this point. If you want to join the buy, or have decided not to go ahead with it, just PM me.

A BIG Thank You! to Austin and the Admin crew for giving me supporter status to allow me to handle all the messages coming through. Super appreciated!

The list below indicates what I have received. If you have paid and it is not indicated on the list, wait a few days. I will try to update it regularly. The banks are a little extra slow at this time of year.

1. Lael (x2) - paid
2. natdene - paid
3. shaodw
4. gap
5. kingy
6. barneey - clear too
7. ArnieW
8. Putrino
9. Mitch_76
10. tateg
11. LiquidCurrency - paid
12. rafinus
13. crazyhorse - paid
14. marksy (x 2)
15. JB - paid
16. Neo__04
17. Masters Brewery
18. Cervantes -paid
19. Rogermellie
20. sipahono -paid
21. BobCharlie - paid
22. jubilakka
23. CoxR
24. Capnk - paid
25. breakbeer
26. lael
27. marksy
28. micbrew
29. Screamadelica
30. pats
31. claypot
32. redlegger
33. slyt
34. lynchman x 2 - paid
35. Bigbern - paid
36. real_beer
37. gus the bus
38. Shaunous
39. jonasbegood
40. havebeer
41. Tassiehopper
42. GrumpyPaul
43. Misterwilson
44. jonnir
45. parktho
46. MrDave
47. Brutusb
48. Luisdepaula2001
49. tommy160 - paid
50. bigmacthepunker - paid
51. nainsook - paid
52. BazzaB - paid
53. moffatl
54. glen
55. kiwisika - paid
56. sluggerdog
57. smokomark
58. SBOB
59. Marc280 - paid
60. Dug
61. rhart00
62. Malty Cultural - paid
63. MitchD
64. camelbak28
65. 620rossco
66. Nick R
67. Cavemanbrew
68. Seemore - paid
69. Eucyblues
70. Wort - communicated
71. Lluisdomene
72. Rambo - paid
73. Seamad
74. LarsjohanS
75. fortmonty
76. taztiger
77. Pugwash - paid
78. Catcher
79. Dean1639
80. Mardoo - paid - (clear unknown price unpaid)
81. BlueMutt
82. poggor
83. AndrewF - paid
84. BigwillyAus
85. Judanero
86. Fabrizio
87. Silverbrew
88. Drunk Az
89. freelander2002 (x2)
90. freelander2002 (second one)
91. Guysmiley54
92. Crozdog
93. conjob - paid
94. Chris_O
95. Brendrage
96. Guidos - paid
97. TheMechWarrior
98. CoW77
99. MarketLane - paid
100. mojonojo (parts)

All paid thanks man
Looking forward to the element and pot prices as well.

Thanks heaps for your efforts

Cheers

Payday tomorrow, I'll get straight onto it

Thanks for all your hard work, can't wait to make use of it

I already have a Brauduino V.1 & it has made brewing soooo much easier. Gotta love being able to go to the shops or now the lawn & let it take care of bizness for you!

Hi Sluggerdog,

There isn't code for the spark core yet. Hopefully some people will be keen to port the code now that the photon will be affordable and the shield is available.

There are two parts needed:
1. Hardware- the shield shield and the photon.
2. Software - porting the code to spark and then providing a mobile interface as well.

We've gone with using the shield shield to make it possible to use both the mega or the spark arduinos.

Cheers,

Lael

lael said:
Hi Sluggerdog,

There isn't code for the spark core yet. Hopefully some people will be keen to port the code now that the photon will be affordable and the shield is available.

There are two parts needed:
1. Hardware- the shield shield and the photon.
2. Software - porting the code to spark and then providing a mobile interface as well.

We've gone with using the shield shield to make it possible to use both the mega or the spark arduinos.

Cheers,

Lael
Thanks Lael,

So would you suggest if we are interested in this in the future that we should pre-order the photon and hope the code comes sometime soon?

The code won't arrive any time in the immediate future I don't think. I would wait, use the mega that comes with the kit. The truth is, with reliable automation having wireless access to find out what is happening is cool but unnecessary. The brauduino just does its thing. When you learn to chill and trust it, it is quite freeing.

Latest posts

Back