The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Build/Advice/Question Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, so I was just got my controller back from the sparky, haven't hooked it up to mains but I've been running it off usb.
I had it working fine, set it up off tutorial on you tube then went to upload software.
Somehow while I've been ducking around with it I seemed to have wiped the software and now I can't reload it.
This is the error msg I get while trying to verify ardbir2-8-3rc8
Can anyone help me out here?
Oh I'm working on a Mac if that might have something to do with it ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1454336356.890391.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1454336384.336304.jpg

error compiling... nothing like non-descriptive error messages :)

I would just delete you're current ardbir project folder, download the ardbir program again,open it and re-configure the LCD type and language etc and try again

I had an issue with mine (not compile related though) which turned out that during my messing around with the code I have forgotten to reconfigure one of the parameters, meaning it didnt work correctly. Its possible you've accidentally deleted some portion of code and the Arduino software doesnt have very good compiling debugging.

Yea no worries I'll give that a go when I get home..
I might even try doing it from my partners PC

I'm a little curious about this. I sold my braumeister to get some music equipment and am buying a keg king robo brew and a pump for recirc with the change. Do you reckon I could, with a little bit of modification, rig something like this up to the robobrew? Not at all a necessity for me but thinking, if I get the DIY bug a little later in the year, that I could make my standard robo brew into an automated system.

Hey guys, just in case anyone was wondering I followed the software upload video on YouTube and tried it on October and got my controller working again..
Maybe I'm not that good on mac or maybe there's an issue that platform but overall works fine [emoji108]

Someone else posted a while ago saying they had issues on Mac as well. I'm sure there are arduino users on Mac though. Show us your rig when you use it next!

Mac user here.. The only hassle was getting the right folder for the included libraries right

Cheers lael, will do.. Got most of the parts just gotta put it all together ;-)

hey guys.
so i finally got to put my rig through a dry run last night with water only to test everything out. Brauduino worked wonderfully except for one thing that has got me stumped.
Used in manual mode i had elements going and the pump. After about 40mins the pump turned itself off, so i thought that it was having a pump rest. It wouldn't turn back on again and when i looked at the display i noticed that the P was displayed but the little black box that surrounds it had disappered. so i pushed the pump button and the P disappeared. Pushed it again and i got a micro second green LED flash, the pump sounded like it was going to start then stopped andn othing happened. The P appeared in the display with no black box around it. Pushed it again to turn off, then on again. Got screen scrambling, so unplugged main power. turned on, put back on to manual mode and after it beeped at me switching to manual mode, i got 3 short beeps. I decided to play it safe and turn the whole unit off.
What could be the cause? I had a thought about pump off during boil, or it turning off when it hit 80 or thereabouts. haven't checked this yet but if anybody has any ideas or thoughts, please let me know.
Cheers

In your circuit checks ensure the Led for the pump is seated correctly, it is inline, and their for if it don't work neither will the pump.

Is there a GitHub repo or something for the software this uses?

G'day all,
I just recently purchased a Grainfather to fit my Matho's too. I'm super excited to get this thing running and do my first AG brew, a quick question for someone who has hooked up their Matho's to their Grainfather, what did you do about the temp probe and getting a good solid seal? The probe that came with the Mathos wont fit into the well on the GF and I tried removing the GF standard well but the hole looks like it is 20mm or so and the Matho's temp probe almost fits through it. I tried some large stainless washers but It does not get a good (confident) seal. I did consider cutting the two probes and joining the standard GF probe to the Mathos 3.5mm jack but I don't want to stuff two probes.

Like I said I am super excited to get this running but I want to make sure it will be an enjoyable first AG experience.

any help, advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Ken,
I used two silicon washers from a SS keg king carb caps. Seals perfectly. Done two brews no leaks. I post photo tonight when home from work.

MastersBrewery said:
In your circuit checks ensure the Led for the pump is seated correctly, it is inline, and their for if it don't work neither will the pump.
Thanks for the advice MastersBrewery. i checked that out before reassembling. i think i have nutted the problem out. The pump off temp was set to 80c and i didnt realise this. so when it flicked off, it was doing what it was meant to. im guessing by mashing the buttons i caused it to spaz out. running it again tonight and its working perfectly.
Yay :lol:

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1454743213.839484.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1454743234.508596.jpg

Hi Ken,
Sorry for the delay. I used the larger silicon washer on the inside and the silicon washer that come with the probe on the outside. Works treat, 3 brews in now. SS wouldn't be that flexible. Have you tried to bend the washer to the shape of the GF. Have you brewed with it yet?
Cheers
Big G

I would like to program the controller to be able to brew at 5.30 in the morning and can only get the delay start to a max of 2.40 hours. Is this correct or am I missing something.

bigmacthepunker said:
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1454743213.839484.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1454743234.508596.jpg

Hi Ken,
Sorry for the delay. I used the larger silicon washer on the inside and the silicon washer that come with the probe on the outside. Works treat, 3 brews in now. SS wouldn't be that flexible. Have you tried to bend the washer to the shape of the GF. Have you brewed with it yet?
Cheers
Big G
Thanks bigmactheplunker,
were did you get the silicone washer from? I lost the one that came with the mathos temp probe at Masters when I was looking for a solution. No I havn't brewed with it yet, I want to get the probe sorted first then I'll do a wet run before my first AG.

Hi Ken, pm sent. Hope you get sorted soon mate, I'm out the backyard brewin with controller and GF, they work so well together.

Back