The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Build/Advice/Question Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got mine wired up. My brain is wired to. Definitely a stimulating task. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1451953421.175524.jpg
Does anyone know what size screw I need to buy to screw the power supply unit to the box I've seen to have lost one, cheers.

Looks neat!

M3x6mm for the power supply screws

Which files and update? If it is zipped you will just need to unzip it. Are you updating the software on the arduino?

Did you look at the video on YouTube?

If the zip file is the issue - download the zip and in file explorer in windows right click and hit uncompress / unzip.

If on a Mac.... Not sure :)

OK :)

I would suggest doing one step at a time and pause the video after each step.

If there is a spot that is confusing /unclear let me know and I'll explain

I've never used a pid before. On a dry run I heated 40litres of water to 40°. Once it hit 39ish (I think) the element was switching on and off and it took about 5mins to climb the last degree before the buzzer went off. Then it floated between 39.5° -40° for about 10mins before it stabilized at 40°for most of the time. But still flashed 39.5° every minute or so untill the 15minute mark then it just stayed at 40° fairly constantly. (Never once did it overshoot)
Question is.
Is that a good enough setting or does it need fine tuning?
And
When I do a triple batch should I adjust the parameters or does the brains of this thing work it out as its heating up to mash in?
Cheers.
P.s this unit does way more than I thought it would [emoji106]

Glad you like it :)

I would adjust the PID settings. More aggressive sounds in order. It shouldn't take that long to hit temp. What settings are you using?

I don't adjust mine when I do larger batches and it seems to work well. It could be that I'm not noticing the issues as I expect the mashing process to take longer and often am not watching it. Once it is going OK, I'll do other things...

Yea very happy [emoji3]. It's complex to start with but the more I'm getting used to it the more I love it.
The settings are as per your video.
Got some grain on the way to trial her out properly. I can't wait I've spent hours on this thing haha.

Nice work, if it is spending 10mins 0.5degrees below temp it will affect yourash temps. I would drop the D setting and up your I setting until you get it overshooting by 0.5 degree without too much delay, then knock it back slightly.

I'm of the opinion that a minor overshoot quickly achieved is better for mashing than a slowly achieved perfect temp (which is really the same as a longer rest at that temp).

Latest posts

Back