The Beer You.d Most Like To Clone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That way I see it there are some beers that are damn expensive and damn nice. If you could knock out a 20 litre batch of that beer for the price of buying two stubbies, then surely cloning this beer makes sense? Particularly if you've always wanted to be able to drink more of it but couldn't afford it.

For that reason I'd never get hung up on trying to clone something that's cheap and available. But to truly clone a really good trappist beer for example would be awesome.
For me if I could create a clone for the price of a six pack I'd be happy.

But answering the question Dupont Saison.

If our tribute comes close (currently bulk aging) I'll let you try a bottle and give you the recipe and mash/fermentation regime.
Will (gladly) take you up on that offer.

Of course, I'm happy to reciprocate with my own, inaugural BDS. It's still a little young, am trying to exercise a little self-discipline and not try it until it's had 3 months bottle conditioning, but the flesh is weak...

Will (gladly) take you up on that offer.

Of course, I'm happy to reciprocate with my own, inaugural BDS. It's still a little young, am trying to exercise a little self-discipline and not try it until it's had 3 months bottle conditioning, but the flesh is weak...

That's why mine has been in a 20 Litre glass demijohn for the last three months and will stay there for at least another 9. No tap, can't sample, must drink metho.............I mean water.

If it is a case of "what would you spend time and effort into cloning", I wouldn't bother, just go and buy some - life's to short and there are too many interesting things to do with brewing to keep flogging out a clone. May as well go work in a brewery.

Cheers

I'd like to know which pubs you can get hand pulled Black Sheep, or Marston Christmas Ale, heck, I'd even settle for a Roosters.

For me, its not about making it cheaper (which is a benefit), but its about making something that you just cant get over here. And please dont say buy it from a bottle shop, English bitter is, for me, supposed to be flat and creamy, not fizzy.

Punk IPA X 2011 recipe would be good. Have found the old recipe but I am more a fan of the new one and I have seen two or three for the new one. Will have to try them all to see which is close. B)

Would love to clone Innes & Gunn Oak Aged Ale...yummo

Cheers Malted, gives me something to work from.

Rothaus Pils Tannenzpfle
Brewed in the black forest in germany. Truly on of the worlds best beers IMO.
Rothaus website

Just checked out the website link provided and wow, they've sure got some "bling" going on in that "brewhaus"!
I had my little translator - translate the website and they seem to put a lot of love into this beer.

I was going to head to the east side later in the year, I think that brewery would be worth climbing the wall for.... :icon_cheers:

My brother lives in Stuttgart not far from the black forest area. Last time i visited he had a mixed selection of the rothaus brews that we worked our way through, all good.
Tried to get a brewey tour but was closed when i was there

It the prettiest little place in Sumer beer gardens everywhere. And the most amazing beer well worth the effort to take a quick diversion if it's not already on your list of spots. It show the "country side" styles of beer as to what most tourists see with the hofbrau haus in Munchin (also well worth a look).

These are some pics of the local pubs beirgarten in the village i lived in. beautiful summer pics. B)

102_0217_IMG.jpg

106_0637_IMG.jpg

106_0639_IMG_2.jpg

Sounds good...I'm there!

I'd often prefer to float around places that were off the map...places like "Spreewald". If you haven't heard of the place (the secret's been kept well!) It's better than Oktoberfest in summer.....you float down the streams in little gondolas stopping at all the beer gardens, live music (and beautiful girls that'll drink u under the table!)

.....ohh, happy days. :beer:

Latest posts

Back