The Beer You.d Most Like To Clone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mje1980

Old Thunder brewery
Reaction score
Plenty of uk and us ales I love, but for some reason i'd really love to brew a spot on boddingtons clone. Might be tacky, but I really like this beer. I had a pale mild at the wig n pen earlier in the year, and it was like a fresh, better version, off the engine, yummo. What about you??

Plenty of uk and us ales I love, but for some reason i'd really love to brew a spot on boddingtons clone. Might be tacky, but I really like this beer. I had a pale mild at the wig n pen earlier in the year, and it was like a fresh, better version, off the engine, yummo. What about you??
I like boddingtons. I had it on tap - just a very drinkable little number.

A piraat - complex beast of a belgian. And i have - it's in the bottle - but a little early to know how close I got. I got some higher alcohol warmth into it, but i want that to mature a bit. I only took it to 9.5% - it's even higher in its true form.

Might be considered a bit clich, westvleteren 8 or Rochefort they really are :icon_drool2:

I looked after a house once for a few months and they had heaps of beer - said I could drink as much as I wanted. He had one called Belhaven St. Andrews Ale and I loved it. Looked back on AHB and someone had tried to clone it but no real comments on how it went. If anyone's got a good recipe for this I'd love to see it!

Budejovicky [Budvar] Super Strong (Premier Select) & Hopfenweise from Schnieder.

Damn. Tasty.

Hoegaarden forbidden fruit for winter months and their grand cru for summer

Murrays Retro Rocket, there's beers I like more, but this is the best low alcohol beer I've had.

Budejovicky [Budvar] Super Strong (Premier Select) & Hopfenweise from Schnieder.

Damn. Tasty.

Whoah - I was just about to type the same two beers, except the "normal" versions.

Mine is an Epic Pale Ale.. Ok, not a true clone as I want to reproduce the same beer but only at 3.5%. I've got some pretty yummy versions of it in my MIDAPA.

QldKev

Keeping mine close to home, Matilda Bay's Alpha Pale Ale, love the hops.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, of which I have one in the fermentor right now. :beerbang:

Keeping mine close to home, Matilda Bay's Alpha Pale Ale, love the hops.

In the process of working a version of this out. Surprisingly little definitive stuff on the net about it. Best I found is:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry799538

http://homebrewandbeer.com/forum/viewtopic...12&start=20

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...18591&st=20

In terms of a beers I would love to clone it would be either New Belgium's Ranger or Westmalle Tripele

bombardier-bitter.jpg

Racer 5 ipa. Without a doubt the best ipa I have had.

Might be considered a bit clich, westvleteren 8 or Rochefort they really are :icon_drool2:

Clich, schmich. Rochefort 10 for me, all the way.

Should know next year whether the one I've got fermenting is anything close.

Back