The Beer Machine

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one of those but I traded it in for a Sex Machine.

Everything's better when it's quick and nasty and fake ... isn't it? :blink:

Better off throwing your money down the gutt :icon_cheers: er!

I had one of those but I traded it in for a Sex Machine.

Everything's better when it's quick and nasty and fake ... isn't it? :blink:

You could brew in a fermenter and use it to cut down your bottling by half...

Btw I think you might be doing it wrong Nick! sex that is ;)

Put it this way, It's a bit like throwing a K&K (below Coopers Par) into a corney and then letting it vent and ferment out in the same keg and then drinking it from the same keg! Not a sure fire winner!

PS. Forgot that you still need to add the KG of suger! :rolleyes:

Wait a few weeks and you should be able to pick up one in a council cleanup now fathers day is over.......

I assume you are not very good at using the search? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You can get VB for about the same price

I am TERRIBLE at using the search on this site!!

I don't intend on buying one at all. I do however on occasion, see cheap(ish) gimmicky gear that promises the potential of an alternative to kegging. I'm just not in a position to keg right now but crave it so bad!! I know deep down that these machines are a terrible waste of money but ther must be at least a handful of guys who use somehting like this to "keg" their all grain brews?

I don't intend on buying one at all. I do however on occasion, see cheap(ish) gimmicky gear that promises the potential of an alternative to kegging. I'm just not in a position to keg right now but crave it so bad!! I know deep down that these machines are a terrible waste of money but ther must be at least a handful of guys who use somehting like this to "keg" their all grain brews?

From what was said in the other threads you can't ferment externally and use this as a kegging machine. It uses the CO2 from the later stages of the ferment to gas up the beer. These work out very expensive if you use their kits, so thats a false economy if you are buying it for that.

From memory these are about $200, which gets you quite a bit of kegging gear.

An idea of a starter kit to get into kegging. The idea of this is, minimal items you wont end up not using.
If you cant afford a CO2 bottle, rent one for the first year
$95 Reg (cheaper ones are available, but get a decent one and kep it for many years)
$60 Keg
$20 Disconnects (gas in + beer out)
$15 Bronco tap and line (only item not used in the ultimate system, but can still be used)
$5 Beer line

Get an old fridge and for around the same $200 you are a kegger.

Otherwise look at pressure sprayers and mini-kegs. When you move to a full keg setup these can still be used for party kegs.

QldKev

Terrible because you don't actually search or terrible because you never get the results you want?

If it's the latter - I struggled for ages until I realised that the google search bar will use the google search engine to search inside the site and give far better results than the default search engine (which is useless).

It may seem obvious but I had initially assumed the google search would search the entirety of the net for that term rather than be site specific.

Terrible because you don't actually search or terrible because you never get the results you want?

If it's the latter - I struggled for ages until I realised that the google search bar will use the google search engine to search inside the site and give far better results than the default search engine (which is useless).

It may seem obvious but I had initially assumed the google search would search the entirety of the net for that term rather than be site specific.

I do use the search mate, but have not tried the google engine. Will try it next time :icon_cheers:

Space is my main problem more than $$$ (although it's not super abundant either!) We're looking to buy a house early next year and will be out of our rental, the plan is to have much more room for brewing and dispensing when that happens. The idea of dispensing from the fridge is a curious one but I bet (with 2 young hungry kids in the house) swmbo would be furious if I took up that much space in the fridge :ph34r: I agree this one looks pretty junky.

From what was said in the other threads you can't ferment externally and use this as a kegging machine. It uses the CO2 from the later stages of the ferment to gas up the beer. These work out very expensive if you use their kits, so thats a false economy if you are buying it for that.

From memory these are about $200, which gets you quite a bit of kegging gear.

An idea of a starter kit to get into kegging. The idea of this is, minimal items you wont end up not using.
If you cant afford a CO2 bottle, rent one for the first year
$95 Reg (cheaper ones are available, but get a decent one and kep it for many years)
$60 Keg
$20 Disconnects (gas in + beer out)
$15 Bronco tap and line (only item not used in the ultimate system, but can still be used)
$5 Beer line

Get an old fridge and for around the same $200 you are a kegger.

Otherwise look at pressure sprayers and mini-kegs. When you move to a full keg setup these can still be used for party kegs.

QldKev

I do use the search mate, but have not tried the google engine. Will try it next time :icon_cheers:
:icon_offtopic:
smiley you can also search from google homepage using the site modifier

for example enter this in the google bar
beermachine site:aussiehomebrewer.com

It will restrict hits to those from the aussiehomebrewer.com domain.

Same as what the search bar likely does if you use the google one on this site.

Just demonstrating a technique that you can use for other sites also.

back on topic!

You guys knocking it are clearly idiots. Didn't you read the add?

Brew the Best tasting Beers in the World

Best in the WORLD, mind you.

Back