The Beer Factory

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a couple of novices who have
brewed their own (30*C fermentation,

And there the journey begins...................

Cheers,
smudge

Sounds like a good Saison Smudge, Dupont me!

Forgot to add,

Our local UBrewit has a generic brochure that is available at the premises with all the recipes listed. I think it is also online.

If you really understand the brewing process you know that Munich malt has to be mashed....it can't be steeped.

Some of their recipes just add some Munich malt as a steeping grain.

No wonder some of their clients bottle, then taste their beer and go, "Mmmmmm, lots of haze in this one!!"

Cheers,
smudge

PS ...Haysie,

Today I grabbed a four pack of the "Trappist Triple" from Coles to try on my co-workers. The beer drinkers (used to a
VB etc) tried it. Our female receptionist (an Aussie if there was one!) tasted the stubbie and said, "Mmmm, I can taste ginger
in this! No not ginger, mmmmmm........something like ginger..." She then read the back of the bottle and triumphantly said,
"Coriander! I knew there was some sort of spice in this!" I didn't even know that coriander was in the beer!

Not a one-off. Last time I gave her a Schwartzbier I brewed and the only comment she gave was "Dark, but really malty!".

I wish she was a judge!!

Cheers,
smudge

Smudge, your lucky to have a good Coles. My best would be a 4 pack of bundaberg red rum. No beer here, Dan s around the corner.

Here in Melbourne we have a similar concept BarleyCorn Brewers. Their market is 18th, 21st, wedding, 40th ....get the picture? Personlized beer.

Not my cup of tea nor many here buts it beer with your name on it! Good on small business!

The coriander girl? Where is she when we all need a good judge.

ps,
Visiting Bridge Rd next week, keep you posted via PM.

Just pass the present on to someone elses birthday/christmas present!!! HA HA HA HA

I wouldn't bottle there, out of the tap. Especially on a windy day with a cold. Oh, and if you do... drink em fast. Oxidisation and also contamination issues have been tasted from mates that go there. Just give them 2 kegs if you do and I'd strongly suggest you take some hops to dump in.

From the tour they also ferment lagers and ales (fermentis yeast) at 16*C in the same cool room.

Back