The Ashes Series 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right! He should stay, in the dressing room, while Hodge goes out to bat for him.
my vote goes to bringing Hughes back in husseys place. That way if they need spin hauritz can come in for Watson.

Hauritz for Siddle.
Siddle, like Broad he doesnt impress me. One good spell a match doesnt cut it.(shit balls get wickets too but you cant put the screws on with rubbish bowling and getting tonked).

The Oval is going to be a mine feild. The groundsman will see to that.The poms need a result not a draw.The toss will decide if they have any chance at all. If we bat first they're gone, and they would have to get us cheap the first dig to even try for a drawif they bat first.(In which case they loose series ha ha ha)

I wouldnt mind seeing Hughes back to have a go. I reckon the middle order can cover if he doesnt fire and like already said we need to cultivate new blood.Summer is not far away.
Flints gone, if he plays to show face, better for us. Harmies not much better and Straus hasnt got a clue on feild setting and preasure.

Looking back,1st test,600 & something runs us,them,nothin.2nd test,weather in their favour and umpy duffus.3rd test,weather in their favour again and more umpy madness.4th test, no contest.5th test,What do you reckon?:icon_cheers:
Daz

Link

Looks like the clowns (aka the aussie selectors) are going to drop Clark and bring back Hauritz for the decider. :huh:

I NEED to know what drugs these wankers are on cos its some seriously good shit. <_<

Link

Looks like the clowns (aka the aussie selectors) are going to drop Clark and bring back Hauritz for the decider. :huh:

I NEED to know what drugs these wankers are on cos its some seriously good shit. <_<
Unfreakinbelivalbe. Well look at the silver lining, england is toying with the idea of bringing back Marcus Stresscantbat out of retirement. Hope someone brings his meds and a walker on game day... may end up being an amature vs veteran game... dammit, not happy about clark...wtf has huss done...he's got dirt on merv I bet.

Merv_Hughesclown.JPG

All I had was Paint. :huh:

Well we should still win, however if this does not happen, I expect Hildith's letter of resignation on my desk by morning... (by desk I mean the hood of my car).... ;)

You would anticipate the deck to be doctored to the Poms liking with a heap of water for swing, etc., which will also benefit us too so we can play all 4 quicks.

So much can happen in the next 10 or so days.

im sorry but no drugs would ever make a selector make that sort of shithouse descion.

holly shit i still cant belive it. and they STILL leave hussey in. no ******* idea.

Hilditch should be the one to go. He makes these stupid disicions time and again and keeps his spot. He's a knob and he's been a knob for ages. He was a knob when he played too. He wil always be a knob. Maybe I just dont like him.I wonder what Ponting has to say.I bet he says Hilditch is a Knob. :icon_cheers:
Daz

5th Test starts tonight. On SBS and Fox...

Talk of aussies leaving the side as is... wont know until just before start time though...

Rain expected on days 1 & 4 (as a minimum you'd suspect - uk weather <_< )

For some satirical wit... see this Linky

Lets have a win lads! Go Aussies!!!!!

hopefully they have it on the bigscreen where we play indoor cricket tonight. in fact i'll just put it on if its not there usually pretty good being crickets heads and all tho.

hoping stuey clarke can pick up a few wickets.

with the toss i initally thought we needed to bat but now i think i might change my mind if its going to rain. no point going out to bat and getting interupted by rain all the time as it just bugga's up concentration imo.

have just put $20 on M Clarke to make highest runs in Austs first innings. He's already the leading run scorer and is paying $5.50 for most runs in 1st innings. get onto it.

have just put $20 on M Clarke to make highest runs in Austs first innings. He's already the leading run scorer and is paying $5.50 for most runs in 1st innings. get onto it.
Prolly a good bet fents, unless we totally capitulate in the first innings, I'd hope that Katich puts in a good knock too.

Lets have a big first day, be it wickets or runs for!

Well I reckon Punter will be fired up for a big innings too.

Great fightback after a slow start by the lads.

Good thing we picked 4 quicks imo, as we always seem to lose the toss and bowl first.

The deck is breaking up already... need to roll them for 320, and then we can make 550+

Yeah, was good to see the boys pick up after a slow first session. We really do have to win this one, if only so I can stick it to my Pommy mate/neighbour (who's also a Saints supporter, I'm a Bombers fan). So I think he'll really be hanging his head in shame.

You're right! He should stay, in the dressing room, while Hodge goes out to bat for him.

I was worried i was the only one in this country on the Hodgy bandwagon. Unless you are a bowler, Victorians never make it to national call up anyway. Apparantly us Mexicans cant bat. <_< State comp and our consistencies seem to say otherwise.

Latest posts

Back