The Ashes Series 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging by the highlights on SBS (cause I really didn't think there was going to be any play last night, so I crashed), we got away with 2 LBW calls. Pretty impressed with the way watto played, made some very nice shots. bugger about haddin's finger, and who is Manou? Here's hoping he's handy with the bat :icon_cheers:

Judging by the highlights on SBS (cause I really didn't think there was going to be any play last night, so I crashed), we got away with 2 LBW calls. Pretty impressed with the way watto played, made some very nice shots. bugger about haddin's finger, and who is Manou? Here's hoping he's handy with the bat :icon_cheers:

Manou is the SA keeper.

Watson's had more injuries than I've had beers, why they keep persisting with him is anyone's guess....

It makes no sense to drop someone like Hughes after a couple of low scores. hussey has done SFA this year (not counting a tour match) and yet he gets to stay?

i swear the aussie selectors (those that actually went to england.....) are retarded. And not figuratively either. :angry:

As for Johnson, the pie chucker. A blind man throwing ping pong balls would put more fear into the poms than that clown right now...... Clark in for him was a no brainer!

Manou is a pretty experienced first-class keeper for SA, he should do fine - though that would've been a great excuse to get Clark or Hughes in the side and let someone like Hussey keep.

This is what I was afraid of with Watson, I think Mo touched on it last night. The wicket is an absolute belter, perfect for batting, and even Watson can bat well on it. He'll cement his place in the side at the expense of Hughes (who batted on more difficult wickets and got a couple of bad decisions), by playing a couple of good innings on pure batting surfaces. Hopefully, when his bowling gets carted all over the ground, or he gets injured (more likely) he'll fall out of favour.

Great to see Manou getting a game though.

Watson is in to cover Mitch's waywardness with the ball. Where is Clark?

Selectors dont know squat about this great game...

Yeah weall this is what happens when you spend too mong relying on the chapms (Warne, McGrath etc) without looking long term and making sure there is a steady stream of new blood to make sure there's a champion team when the legends leave...

Day three to Aussies I guess, the rain has turned a possible loss into an inevitable draw.

So surely bring Clark in for Siddle.

Talk of Haddin returning... risky with those busted hands. Give Choc another go, go the South Aussies!

Seriously though we must win this match. Do whatever it takes, and also hope that Freddies leg falls off....!

4th test starts tonight... bring it on!

I think it will be Clark in for Hauritz. I'd really also like Watson gone, though with another flat deck Watson will get hailed a hero for making anything better than a "start". He is useless as a bowler (as I had predicted in my last post)... he seemed to be straining and struggling in the 3 overs he bowled and managed to bowl 135km/h pies which consequently, got carted all over the ground.

How good is this start! Welcome back S.Clark. Let's hope the umpiring gets a bit better, bad first call billy.

Jeeeeez.. if that catch had of stuck in Marcus North's mit, Ponting would have asked for the extra half hour and reckon it mighta been all done and dusted today.... Ahh well, tomorrow ;)

Sledging gone too far? One of the Fanatics (Aussie fans) was reportedly responsible for the fire alarm going off at the English players' hotel at 4:30am on day one.

Sledging gone too far? One of the Fanatics (Aussie fans) was reportedly responsible for the fire alarm going off at the English players' hotel at 4:30am on day one.

Not all at, I say he was 'allegedly' doing his national duty!

Cheers SJ

Not all at, I say he was 'allegedly' doing his national duty!

Cheers SJ

+1 these things must be done when on tour...

Great win, almost 2 weeks till the last test. Should be a really good one too...!

Indeed, can't wait! I'm sure they'll bring Flintoff back, and I'm sure he won't be 100%. I hope they don't follow Mo's recommendations to dump Clark; he bowled brilliantly in the first innings and like all Clark-style bowlers (like McGrath) he can get tonked around if the batsman are aggressive enough, though usually it results in a fairly quick wicket or two. Bring in Hauritz for Hussey. Another test, another failure for Hussey (though his LBW was going well down the leg side...)

Latest posts

Back