Thank You

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DangerousDave

Reaction score
there has been a few posts of late that seem to have angered the knowledgable and there is talk of discontent with the forum and its never ending noooooobs

as someone who recently joined i to have been guilty of the dreaded noob post (toucan question) but from reading your consistent answering of basic questions have gone from being a whack the kit in and a kilo of csr white sugar to a man (albeit a drunk one) in the process of confidently doing my first extract (not game for a BIAB yet but when i am youll sure to here a noob question from me) and ordering a keg setup and a clue on what to do with it when it gets here :D

so to you people out there (you know who you are) who constantly answer the same questions over and over again as i can imagine it makes you want to facepalm Try not to despair to much and take pride in the fact that you are helping a new generation destroy their Livers with quality homebrew

i raise a glass to you boys (and possibly girls) :icon_cheers:

back to my beer

Dave IMO its got very little to do with noobie questions. Its more to do with arrogance and disrespect to experienced advice.

I would seriuosly doubt any of the good experienced brewers on this forum would have a go at someone for trying something different, that what brewing is all about. Just when people get behind a screen and show total disrespect to people and proven methods gets a bit thin.
And dont worry the brewers that I have personnaly met from this forum have been a great bunch and know how to pick out a shit stirring tosser.

Cheers Brad

there has been a few posts of late that seem to have angered the knowledgable and there is talk of discontent with the forum and its never ending noooooobs

as someone who recently joined i to have been guilty of the dreaded noob post (toucan question) but from reading your consistent answering of basic questions have gone from being a whack the kit in and a kilo of csr white sugar to a man (albeit a drunk one) in the process of confidently doing my first extract (not game for a BIAB yet but when i am youll sure to here a noob question from me) and ordering a keg setup and a clue on what to do with it when it gets here :D

so to you people out there (you know who you are) who constantly answer the same questions over and over again as i can imagine it makes you want to facepalm Try not to despair to much and take pride in the fact that you are helping a new generation destroy their Livers with quality homebrew

i raise a glass to you boys (and possibly girls) :icon_cheers:

back to my beer

+1
Thanks from me also.

I don't think its the noob questions that's the problem. From my short time on this forum I think its the slightly more experienced guys who have a point to prove (well not even a lot of them, just one springs to mind). From what I have seen, the experienced guys, while getting frustrated at going over the same old ground, always answer a relevant question with a decent answer, and generally free of sarcasm and malice.

I have spent a lot of time going through old threads and because of this I have just laid down my first 2 extracts and have purchased a bag for BIAB. 2 weeks ago I was adamant I was never going all grain. Just goes to show.

Yes there are some dumb questions aked, but there are also some dumb answers like "go all grain". It's horses for courses. A 5 minute search will answer a lot of questions without asking pointless questions. Its normal forum etiquette (or so I'm told).

And a closed mouth gathers no foot.

Thanks to the untold numbers of brewers who've changed how I think about making my beer. Many of you have moved on but your advice will stay with me.

[EDIT: well, a great many of you are still here and you guys have helped me greatly too]

Thanks for those who take the time to write articles and wikis. They're gold!

Just over 2 years ago I joined this forum with the intriguing thought that maybe I could make some new friends and acquaintances as there could possibly be a couple of people in Brisbane remotely interested in home brew.
Now whenever I'm driving to a BABBs meeting or falling over pissed in the bushes at a case swap B) or at a brewday or waking up excited when I hear the courier truck reversing into the driveway with an order from Ross, or feeding Tidal Pete et al with pork vindaloo I look back and am totally amazed at how my life has changed - not to mention the Dexters Lab that my garage has turned into :lol:
Turned out there's another forum member about 200m away from me, we get rat arsed every week.

I'd Like to say thanks too ;)
I don't post much at all, mainly because all the questions I have are already answered, and dont feel I have enough knowledge to give people advice.
Because of the wealth of information from the members of AHB I have gone from crappy K&K to good K&K, then a bit of Extract and now am doing Biab with fantastic results, and I have also learnt about Hop Plant and due to people involved here and the info have my own small hop garden.
So cheers to all that take the Time and Effort :party:

Hey all. Thanks for making me realiZe that the normal guy in Australia is interested in more than footy and cars. Don't get me wrong I love my car, boat and my Rugby but I also love to brew beer, grow stuff, cook and discuss my passions with others that share my interests. Beer is awesome ... But drinking the good stuff often makes going to the average bottlo frustrating!! Thanks to WRDA and ShawnH for starting me on a awesome journey of self discovery. Thanks to Sully for selling me my AG kit, thanks to the beautiful Mel at craft brewers in Enoggera for cracking my grain and for the gingerbeer for my wife that hot day last year. Thanks to all the guys and dolls on here who submit awesome and inspirational topics about everything. I love this shit!!

I look forward tomeering the BABB peeps before I head to Perth at the EOY. I look forward to meeting the Westcoast Brewers then.

Hey all. Thanks for making me realiZe that the normal guy in Australia is interested in more than footy and cars. Don't get me wrong I love my car, boat and my Rugby but I also love to brew beer, grow stuff, cook and discuss my passions with others that share my interests. Beer is awesome ... But drinking the good stuff often makes going to the average bottlo frustrating!! Thanks to WRDA and ShawnH for starting me on a awesome journey of self discovery. Thanks to Sully for selling me my AG kit, thanks to the beautiful Mel at craft brewers in Enoggera for cracking my grain and for the gingerbeer for my wife that hot day last year. Thanks to all the guys and dolls on here who submit awesome and inspirational topics about everything. I love this shit!!

I look forward tomeering the BABB peeps before I head to Perth at the EOY. I look forward to meeting the Westcoast Brewers then.

WTF Sully sold his Rig this canno be tru

Even the LHBS bloke says "there is only so many times you can explain how to make beer without becoming jaded"

That's a cr*p attitude! And very poor business sense.

How do you think that type of attitude would go down with parents at Parent/Teacher night? There's only so many times I can explain fractions to your son....

How do you think that type of attitude would go down with parents at Parent/Teacher night? There's only so many times I can explain fractions to your son....
Obviously you've never been to parent-teacher night to see how enthusiastic the teachers are to tell you about your child's progress :p

To all that give their time and knowledge to this forum... Couldn't/Wouldn't be brewing and currently enjoy beautiful AG, on tap without you.

T.Hanks.jpg

HeHe ......... I don't necessarily disagree with you kenlock :D

Thanks to all for your great advice, wisdom, accumulated experience, good humour, generosity, recipe and equipment advice, and all round just plain niceness and helpful attitudes.

I now sleep better, because I can hear my airlock blooping through the baby monitor I've installed on my fermenter, and the neighbour's kitten feels safer too.

Seriously, I agree with OP's sentiments. If you can wade through the inevitable BS, as on any forum, you do get some very useful information. The laughs are just a bonus.

Without this site my beer would not be as delicious. Also, apologies to all those I've angered in my haphazard attempts to pay it forward.

I'm about to start a new thread: Move to Cat Strangling for Thirty Bucks - for all those kitten stranglers who've want to try out the real thing.

Yea, I love this place. There is no way I would be making the beers I am making now without this forum. Both in the virtual reality of it and in the physical connections and friendships that have emerged through it.

Nice thread too.

Cheers

Grant

Latest posts

Back