Temperature Controllers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dreamboat,

I'd like to order another 1 if your organising a new buy.... Got a great stand alone electric s/s HLT project on the go this time :ph34r:

Thanks
Asher

Hi Dreamboat, Looks like I'm in for 2 .
I've been back through the topic and just want to cheek ? Do they come with a probe? and how long is it .
Thank you for your hard work on this.
PM me with details and its done....
Cheers ,thanks fnqbunyip

Barls 1
Wally 2
FNQ Bunyip 2
Hoops ??
Asher 1

Put yourself on the list if you are keen.... will finalise oders at end of weekend, and let this thread die for another month, until someone kicks it off again.

Yes, controllers come with probe - length of probe wire is around a metre.
Switch relay is rated to 20A (8A inductive) which is more than your power point is rated for. Postage of one or two will be $7 via express post.

dreamboat

Do we know if the probe has a weldless mount (i'd be guessing yes...)

dreamboat,
I'm out. Purchased my controllers from Adloheat.
Thanks though for your feedback and assistance.

wortgames,
The controllers I have ordered are:
THF 0-40 $52.80+GST (x 2 as I plan to have two fermentation fridges running)
THB 30-110 $59.40+GST (x 1 for my HLT (in the process of converting a keg :ph34r: into an electric HLT)
Postage included has them on my door at $198.00 total (should be here by Tuesday next week) which I thought was pretty good.

nt
:beer:

NTBoozer,
I just checked out the Adloheat website, and the THB 30-110 is listed at $98. How'd you manage to get that price?

Andy

You certainly scored there NT, both those controllers are listed as $103 and $93 respectively on their site.

I was going to offer to build one for you if you were really stuck.

Nice work.

Cheers, JD

If I'm not too late - could you put me down for 1 please Dreamboat - thanks.

Barls 1
Wally 2
FNQ Bunyip 2
Hoops ??
Asher 1
MAH 2
Goat 1

Please finalise by Monday morning if anybody else is interested.

dreamboat

NTBoozer,
I just checked out the Adloheat website, and the THB 30-110 is listed at $98. How'd you manage to get that price?

Andy
You certainly scored there NT, both those controllers are listed as $103 and $93 respectively on their site.

Nice work.

Cheers, JD

Guys,
All I did was e-mail them and ask for the price of the units and postage to Darwin(no haggling or anything). Those prices I posted yesterday are direct from their reply e-mail quote. Money has been t/fered and they are in the post on their way as I type. I'll give an update next week when I confirm the correct units have been sent.
nt

Hi Dreamboat

Can you add me to the list for 1 please.

Thanks
nifty

ntboozer said:
NTBoozer,

Andy

Nice work.

Cheers, JD

Guys,
All I did was e-mail them and ask for the price of the units and postage to Darwin(no haggling or anything). Those prices I posted yesterday are direct from their reply e-mail quote. Money has been t/fered and they are in the post on their way as I type. I'll give an update next week when I confirm the correct units have been sent.
nt
[post="91244"][/post]​

You'll love em. So simple and work so well. How Do You Insert Pics???

Edit:attempt to insert pic

CapilliaryAndThermoProbe.JPG

DigitalThermo.JPG

Thermostat.JPG

Dreamboat,

Could you put me down for one too?

Thanks,

Andy

Barls 1
Wally 2
FNQ Bunyip 2
Hoops ??
Asher 1
MAH 2
Goat 1
AndyD 1
nifty 1

Still waiting to hear from Hoops.... but I will get the order underway anyhow, and send out emails with banking details.

$90 each plus postage of $6.80 for express of one or two.

dreamboat

Anyone using these for a HERMS control? If so how did they go?

Just wondering because I was going to get a PID. I'd be planning to use the PID with on/off control anyway, rather than PID control so basically running it as one of these controllers-simple On/Off.

Just seems at $96 delivered it's going to be cheaper than even a cheap PID off ebay by the time SSR's and a thermocouple are purchased. This unit has a 20Amp relay (so no SSR needed) and the probe.

Any help appreciated, sorry it's last minute.

Cheers, Justin

I have used one for HERMS... using the HLT as the heat source, with a coil in it, I then ran the pump continuously, and adjusted the temp in HLT to get the desired mash temp. For this type of system, on/off control was fine. I guess theoretically you could also use a thermostat in the mash to either increase the temp in the HLT or not, depending on whether you need to increase the mash temp or not.... but again, I think digital control would be fine.

dreamboat

same account as last time rob. when do you want the money mate?

Hi Dreamboat just waiting on details so I can pay....

Cheers Fnqbunyip

Back