Temeprature Control - A Simple Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryB

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase a chest freezer for storing/serving kegs and I was just wondering what the consensus is for the most appropriate controller for this application.

Of the options available on Craftbrewer, it seems that the FridgeMate is the best since I only need one "mode" (cooling) and it's half the price of the other options. Is there something I'm missing here?

Get a Fridemate. end of story. If you want it soon, go over to the Home Brew inn at Charlestown and see Hilton. He sells them for $55 odd dollars over the counter, you don't have to pay for an airbag.

I ended up with the TempMate (around $75 from sponsors at top of page - only 1.5x the cost of a FridgeMate) to do both cooling and heating at the same time. I'm no expert, but from what I've heard, if you are going to want to control temp in the winter, having a heating belt in there too is worth the trouble. In the end, the FridgeMate will do what you're looking for and give you great control, but I figured I'd future-proof myself a little.

My $0.02 is all.

Don't think I'll need heating since this is for a kegerator, not a fermentation fridge.

Looks like Fridgemate is the go,

Latest posts

Back