Tattoos - Who's Got 'em

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a voucher for Vic Market tattos for my B'day. Hangin' to get more ink, it's been a while, would be 6 years I reckon

Haven't got any, doubt I ever will. But I love the art. In particular Japanese style stuff.
This chicks back job is ******* unbelievable.

Japanese%25252BTattoo1.jpg

Even makes a noxious pest fish look amazing.

yakuza_tattoo_meanings_symbols_ideas.jpg

Finally got a start on my opposite sleeve last night. Spent roughly 2hours making stencils based on my left arm and positioning them just right. Throw in 2.5hours in the chair being scalpelled and I was damn tired by the end of it......

Will post the pics as links as there is a pretty decent amount of blood (stupid me had taken some ibuprofen for a headache in the morning without realising it has the same affect as asprin on bleeding).

Stencil (no blood here)

Front

Side

Back

Now the fun of healing it................

Scalpel???.... I thought they use needles for tatts.

Is that a tatt without ink..... i.e. scaring?

I love the design.

That it is, second one now (photos of the first piece are somewhere in this thread).......

What you can't see in these photos are the matching tat on my left arm.

Scalpel???.... I thought they use needles for tatts.

Is that a tatt without ink..... i.e. scaring?

I love the design.
Amber Fluid, if you do an internet search for 'scarification', you'll see some quite graphic scalpel work.

Ouch dude, that takes some bollocks....

More along the lines of

07944cp_1.jpg

Followed by soaking in

fam_hydrogen_peroxide_pint-4080.jpg
OR
261403b.jpg
OR
vinegar.jpg

Throw in a daily wrapping in cling wrap and I'm on my way.

Only have two atm, first being some hands praying that myself and three mates got on a trip to thailand a few years back. all got them on our feet as I can't have any tattoo's showing in my work.

Second one I got last year which is a les paul supreme that my parents got me for my 18th birthday, with a couple of roses around it (red, pink and orange/yellow to represent love, friendship and happiness) and a banner that reads 'family is forever' in danish - familien betyder alt, as my dad is danish - and takes up most of the space on my right quad

I have a photo but its too big to upload on here and cant be bothered making it smaller.

Hopefully will be getting another on the same section of leg in the next 6 months, with plans to have a 'upper leg sleeve' over the next couple of years (im in no rush to fill up the space as I only want tattoo's which will forever mean something so they dont become a regret)

Sponge

Got 5 here...
4 on my back :-
Peace sign on my shoulder, fish (I'm a pieces star sign) on the other, a small dragon at the base of my neck and the metallica ninja star on my lower back (metal tramp stamp ftw LMAO)

I also have a star on my right inner wrist

All mine have meaning and I can't wait to show them off when I'm old...I love my tattoos but I am not a fan of how "fashionable" they are these days.

Throw in a daily wrapping in cling wrap and I'm on my way.

Used the peroxide here and there. Makes a nice fizz, followed by a not so nice sting.

People have told me they actually rub salt in to raise the scar like (as it was described to me) half a fuzzy caterpillar.
Is that true, or were they just to poor to afford vinegar?

Salt and Vaseline is often used, depends on the style of scarring you want. That technique leads to keloid scarring, which is often raised and pigmented, which is good, but also uneven, which in a complex piece like my arm can ruin the entire design.

Rubbing in the peroxide is truly a horrid experience, done that one before. This time I'm going with wetting some paper towel with white vinegar, sitting it over the whole thing and waiting 5-10 minutes, hopefully it lowers the pH enough that quick healing is inhibited.

That scarification takes a lot more balls then I could fathom.

My hat goes off to you, sir

Sponge

Just gave it the first vinegar bath.........Sat there going "ehhh, this ain't too bad, why didn't I do this last time".

Then I heard the sizzle under the paper towel and the burn kicked in....Glad I had a beer in my left hand to help with that one.

Really depends on how it goes healing wise, my current expectation is at least another 2-3 weeks of the vinegar/clingwrap..........In a few more days I'll be adding in scrubbing with a rough loofa in the shower to help clear out all the gunk that accrues in the lines.

Then once the skin heals over there is another 6-12 months before I know how it will look long term as there will still be scar tissue forming below..

Awesome scar Pollux.

Don't forget to include some photos over the next few weeks / months.

Latest posts

Back