Tattoos - Who's Got 'em

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob @ Industrial Strength did it for me, he's done my wife's two as well.

Give it a few weeks to fully heal and I'll fire some more up.

Right, had my meeting with Mr Scalpel.......I'll link the photos so those who don't want to see them don't have to. Be warned if you are going to click on them that they are shots of part of my chest covered in lots of cuts and some blood. So don't click through and then bitch about it, you have been warned..

During a quick break so I could have a drink.

Finished and all cleaned up

The tattoo that made me decide to get this done.

Not as bad (as in blood and gore) as I thought it would look. Pairs with the hand tatt quite nicely!

Do you get a epidural with that?

ffs! I have a scar across my belly that reminds me of my daughter I would love to remove and you do that by choice! All to there own I guess.

Do you get a epidural with that?

ffs! I have a scar across my belly that reminds me of my daughter I would love to remove and you do that by choice! All to there own I guess.

ahahha funny stuff KT.

Katie, my wife's a nurse, I had some help with the pain relief.

Katie, my wife's a nurse, I had some help with the pain relief.

I was hoping.

Further reading about it your meant to get a europhic feeling from it! I checked out more sites and nearly passed out!

Jeez, Looks pretty cool, though.
Then there's that email that gets sent around of the chick with the bamboo scarification on her back... how you'd not die from that I dunno.

Jeez, Looks pretty cool, though.
Then there's that email that gets sent around of the chick with the bamboo scarification on her back... how you'd not die from that I dunno.

Thats the one I saw today, looks ok once its finished but the look of it when shes getting it done and she is smiling. I feel lightheaded!

I was laughing and talking shit through most of it.

Had to laugh though, we went out for dinner with a friend of ours who has a full sleeve piece done in the same fashion and the look on the poor waitresses face was golden. We seriously thought she was about to faint, and our friends piece is years old and fully healed.....

From memory, the chick with the bamboo work had some flesh removal involved to get the effect she was after. That tends to hurt ALOT the next day.

Pollux!!!!!!!!!!!!! FARK!!!!! Show us the finished result!!!

My latest work in progress

IMG_0074.JPG

Most recent photo I have is from two weeks after it was done......It has since darkened a touch with the lines taking on a deep red/brown colour...

handscar_2_weeks_003.JPG

Here's my back piece, first tattoo :blink:

Awesome colour and a nice piece.

Can I ask why there is a straight line between the black and colour about 3 1/4's of the way down?? looks like a cover job but maybe there is a reason??

Again, nice ink.

Awesome colour and a nice piece.

Can I ask why there is a straight line between the black and colour about 3 1/4's of the way down?? looks like a cover job but maybe there is a reason??

Again, nice ink.

It's hard to make out but the dragon is holding a shield. Purple and orange in opposite corners. It's my family crest. The line you see is just the purple next to the orange on the shield. There's a heart with a scroll wrapped around it in the top right corner of the shield and a medievel cat in the top left corner (it's head is hidden and body isn't filled in) The bottom of the shield has 2 abstract Viking boats with the blue being water. It takes a bit of looking to suss it out :)

This ink is also the tattoo artist's very first work. He is a mate of mine who told me years earlier that one day he was going to be a tattooist and that I was going to be first up for work. I said if he ever makes it to be a tattooist that I'd be glad to be first up! (I must've been pissed at the time).
A number of years went by then I got a call: 'you're up buddy!'

A big part of the reason for getting the tattoo is because we're long time best mates and been through quite a lot together, so I gave him some ideas of what I wanted and he drew a picture and inked it on.

If this is his first he has a great career ahead, thats for sure...

I see the crest placement now and it is awesome design! And good mates are once in a lifetime, huh?

Anyway, very well done by both of you.. you must be happy with that?@!?2

Enjoy shirt off days!

:icon_cheers:

Back