Tattoos - Who's Got 'em

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice ink. Massive 1st tatt.

I'm dead keen to get my 3rd tatt. Just working out the options/designs

I have several, my sleeve is about 3/4 finished. I still think it's funny how many people just can't stop looking at it. I'm mostly well spoken with a respectable job (if there is such a thing) which throws people too.

Just got home from an afternoon at King St Tattoo, spent the first hour having this one sketched on freehand......Then just over 2 hours of outlining.....Now I have to decide on if I want shading or a pattern in the background. The actual vine/leaves/hops will be left skin tone.

04012011081.jpg

04012011082.jpg

04012011083.jpg

At first I thought the hop cones were too big and maybe they shouldn't be smooth sided but I've decided I was wrong and I like it, I'd probably vote for shading

Go a tattoo re-inked and expanded in Thailand last month.

DSCF4174_1.JPG

Creative Tattoo Art in Byron Bay - Where Tattooing Royalty Tom denholm resides, has a hand written note on the wall that says something along the lines of....

"The only difference between people with tatts and people without tatts is,....people with tatts dont care if you have them"

I have several, my sleeve is about 3/4 finished. I still think it's funny how many people just can't stop looking at it. I'm mostly well spoken with a respectable job (if there is such a thing) which throws people too.
id vote for shading also. i think a pattern may be too distracting from the actual design?

The only difference between people with tatts and people without tatts is,....people with tatts dont care if you have them"

"The only difference between tattooed people and non tattooed people is that tattooed people dont care if you're not tattooed"

This version is the one I've seen (tattoo shop in VIC somewhere)

I'm leaning towards shading, the design is so simple and clean I don't really want to mess it up....

Now to consider if I will be going for a cutting or flesh removal on the other arm....

+1 for shading.

Pollux you are a mad man. But as a long term fan of Body Mods and the wild stuff I see all the time on BME. I certainly respect you and your art.

You certainly have balls of steel for the cuttings.

Just got back from another 4-5 hours of love, got most of it finished now....

The background will have a subtle design worked into it at a later date, still haven't decided hence the random patches of bare skin...

164171_187406601287042_100000531116772_601051_3885768_n.jpg

179265_187406624620373_100000531116772_601053_2927311_n.jpg

163749_187406671287035_100000531116772_601054_7259499_n.jpg

yep, pollux that looks awesome. the shading was the right choice i think

So is that is your pollynesian heritage family tattoo whats it a ma thingy? Design is very maori/poly/islander/fiji/over that way kinda.

I originally got it done in the Rarotonga in the Cook Isles - right on Cube! No Moldi heritage in my lineage though...all WASP Irish / Scottish.

Go a tattoo re-inked and expanded in Thailand last month.

View attachment 43135

I thought the inkmen in Thailand were same as far as prices go compared to our own, which immediatly raised alarms for me as being too exxy. I wouldnt be happy with the work my son or my mate got, thought it was pretty ordinary. My sons has faded after 10 months, reds are oranges, greens are limes.

Funny story, long time friend after arriving with fresh ink from Bali says he`s gotta suss the local Patong inkmen out for a something like "faith, loyalty blah blah" tattoo, he gets it done and waltzes back into the resort. In the meantime I had worded our Thai guide too tell Johhny, tattoo says "Fried Rice me small dick" Also worded up sophisticated daughter, she also tells him "small dick". Johnny had an early night.
We laughed ourselves to sleep.. hilarious

Post birth of #3 a few weeks ago I got the third name added and some design
2011_08_20_15.20.50.jpg

got about 3-4 sessions left on my sleeve. have a couple on my back and a sourveniour tat on my leg (little thing i got done with mates)

not keen to post sleeve till its finished but i reckon its epic. its a battle scene with dragons and demons and barbarians and volcanoes and clouds opening up to reveal an alien spacescape with blood and fire and death. full coloured. idea is to represent my family (both main warriors have shields with both sides of family crests on them) and also show feirceness in the face of your enemy/never back down. that and also i love dragons and warriors and all that shit :p

back tats are a dragon and a yin yang (around 25cm diametre) with the black side being the grim reaper and white side an angel. got idea from this... http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/p...nus-Posters.jpg

one on my leg is a demon skull with flames behind it and a word under it

Back